Thread: The Legend of Conan - poster teaser!

Default The Legend of Conan - poster teaser!

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...uts-at-cannes/

Conan, what is best in life? How about a teaser poster and release date for “The Legend of Conan”?

Courtesy of joblo.com and theArnoldFans.com comes a poster for The Legend of Conan, which sees Arnold Schwarzenegger reprising the role of the Robert E. Howard character he brought to the screen back in the 1980s. The poster appeared at the Cannes Film Festival this week in France. The poster also gives a targeted release date — December 2015.

The film is being produced by Chris Morgan with a screenplay by Andrea Berloff. The general story revolves around an older Conan, now king, wanting to get back to doing what he does best — crushing the skulls of his enemies.
    Not very impressive IMO..
    Retired

What would you expect? The 1980's movies are iconic cult classics and feature some fantastic music, but they are not good movies by any stretch of the imagination. This sequel isn't likely to be any better; the best we can hope for IMO are some cool visuals and a plotline that is at least a little bit faithful to REH.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyloins View Post
    What would you expect? The 1980's movies are iconic cult classics and feature some fantastic music, but they are not good movies by any stretch of the imagination. This sequel isn't likely to be any better; the best we can hope for IMO are some cool visuals and a plotline that is at least a little bit faithful to REH.
    I don't agree. I genuinely think Conan the Barbarian is one of the best fantasy movies ever made. Sure LOTR, but that had infinitely bigger budget and CGI to help out.

But the movie is the best Conan movie ever made, the only Conan movie worth watching.

Here is the thing, i have little or no faith that Paradox will produce a good movie, with or without Arnold, they simply can't make movies.

I don't think Jason Momoa did a bad job as Conan, but the combination of a horrible producer and an abysmally bad director and then top it all of with a nonexisten story, made his situation hopeless.

But it is a crying shame, because Conan is a GREAT ip. A TV series producer like FX should pick it up! THAT would be epic.
    Hamsters and rangers and everyone, REJOICE!

Note: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the views of Funcom or its management.

I agree, the 1982 Conan the Barbarian movie is one of the best fantasy movies ever made.

Even to this day, it remains one of my favorite movies to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I agree, the 1982 Conan the Barbarian movie is one of the best fantasy movies ever made.

Even to this day, it remains one of my favorite movies to watch.
    That's because Oliver Stone was involved and wrote much of the first movie.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Drest View Post

But it is a crying shame, because Conan is a GREAT ip.
    I agree , though no one gets the full potential out of it .
    Arnold is not exactly a good actor and the way he speaks is rather funny ^^

The new film was mainly focused on dumb action .

And aoc with 2 of 3 remaining original servers being almost dead , can not hold old players and just gets very few new ones. This is the sadest because it is a very unique mmo and the only promotion is the F2P section in steam
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

That is no an official poster looks very cheap.

About the upcoming movie, hopefully they will base it on some original Howard's stories, like Scarlet Citadel, The Hour of the Dragon or Phoenix on the sword.
    But I really doubt it...