Thread: cross server technology

Default any update on cross server technology ?

In april 2013 there was a very hope bringing info about the plans of implementing a cross server technology .
    Here is the quote

"Phase Two - Merge same ruleset servers - this is the same as any merge in the past, with the PvE servers being merged into a single giant PvE server and the same for PvP. And yes, this does mean that the EU & US servers will be merged together.

Blood and Glory needs some assessment so, the question is whether we need to make some design tweaks to make them more appealing or we simply fold them. I’d prefer to do the former, but that is the more expensive solution. More information on that as we reach a decision.

Phase Three - Implement the basic cross server network layers - this will finally allow for cross server PvP and PvE queues! This is the most difficult and error prone step in the process - it isn’t simply a matter of ripping the code out of TSW and throwing it in Conan. However if the first two phases are in place, we should be able to achieve this – and knowing the great results it brought TSW I can’t wait to see this live for AoC."

So part one of "phase 2" has been put into action in september , since then there was no update on part 2 of "phase 2"
    The future of rage is still a big question and many people from Rage wish to leave this desert .

However it is not only about the Blood&Glory server , there has not been any update on the cross server technology at all .
    Me and many other players are really looking forward to this update

Of course it takes some time to get it working , but i wonder;
    Was there any progress since september ? Have you already made a decision about the future of Rage (and if not , why not let the players vote since you talked about 2 options)
    And are you still working on this technology or did you set your focus on new instances and pvp content?

Any info given about this would be highly appreciated
    Last edited by Daraios; 25th May 2014 at 20:25.
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows