Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Funcom for the love of all the gods in this world. Let us Sign up As a group!

Quote Originally Posted by GeldourConq View Post
    aww whatever.

no pvper in any game would want kd removed, no real pvper anyway. pvpers like to show off there stats. keyboard turners that tank pve bosses and get farmed in pvp however.. prefer to keep those stats hidden. lucky for them this is the only pvp game in the world that hides how bad people are.
    your logic is flawed.

k/d as a stat in this game can be easily manipulated to look prettier.
    k/d as only stat in this game was already manipulated many times over the years to look very pretty.
    k/d helped destroy teamplay in this game given people praise it as the ultimate stat.

so in essense k/d is actualy bad for pvp in this game given it does not encourage teamplay and can be manipulated quite easily.

only pvp stats in aoc i am interested is weekly updated scoreboard of overall server players in pvp.

where k/d as a stat per say should be utterly removed, a weekly renown system scoreboard should be implemented to always have an up to date score of player with multiple parameters.

main ones being:

win/loss/kills per class, one tab for every class top 3 get some small shields or any other icon near their name similar to current guild renown

win/loss/kills per guild, with a server wide overhaul of guild performance, and top 3 guilds get titles and small icons near guild tag similar to current renown.

simply a system with memory loss like that promotes more competition and rewards with vanity tags/icons to be displayed each week.

such a system would promote more people doing pvp because as each player gets better he can see his name make it to the list, and even making it to the top if he has the skill to make it or simply the time and dedication to spend the time pvp'ing to get the into the list.

and again current system is flawed given a player who played for years will have an impossible to reach k/d.
    im guessing a guy like svarti if he even still plays must have passed 200k kills and must have like 70k deaths.
    if new pvp lvl's were added some people would ding the highest lvl upon patch with acumulated pvp xp, myself on my necro i would most likely ding pvp12, but i know people who only fully dedicate to one char in pvp who would ding pvp20 on patch from accumulated pvp xp.
    point is current system doesnt realy promote competition and ruins retention given the abyss of new player and vet's.
    and big part of equation driving away people from pvp is k/d.
    its actualy faster for a new player to get pvp7 then to get a shiny k/d, while a vet who played his char for years has easy time to have over time get an exceedingly possitive k/d, by manipulation or dedication.

what you should re-evaluate isnt how you want your shinny k/d but how to have new player get retained so new enemies walk the playfield to fight you.

and now more on topic, let me play with my friends in minigames i do not fear the premades or quality teamplay beating me.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

aww whatever.

no pvper in any game would want kd removed, no real pvper anyway. pvpers like to show off there stats. keyboard turners that tank pve bosses and get farmed in pvp however.. prefer to keep those stats hidden. lucky for them this is the only pvp game in the world that hides how bad people are.
    I'm a tank pve bosses and I'm usually get farmed in pvp and I wouldn't mind people could see stats (I'm usually use the mouse to turn but I don't think this make me less bad player). I've seen how some self called true pvpers get their ratio of KD and usually is shameful.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 22nd May 2014 at 13:45.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Just got out of another fail ass mini where both healers were stacked on a single team. Totally ridiculous that players have zero control over who they can play with. This pug only sh1t really needs to be done away with, I fuċking hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    That's the dumbest reply I've heard.

You people have this way of thinking if we're allowed to sign up with friends, ME and my 5 are the only people that will sign up together. NO other player in this game will EVER sign up with their friends. AND WE will be online 24/7....

The system worked before, the best 6 group dominated and the majority are forced to play better, get better and make friends to compete. That's how people improve and get better.

You also are assuming theres going to be 6 of us online at any given time with our mains and only mains. We usually have 2-3 online and we play our alts.

Honestly stop being afraid of competition. Your argument dosnt add up when open world is exactly the same thing where people who do not group up gets zerged anyway. How do you think that helps pvp? 5vs 12 2v4 1v3 etc..
    Ur arguments have logic but fail on facts.

What u describe was the start of AoC mini pvp at tyranny. Than the so called "good pvpers" started to get stomped by the "puggers" that got better (as u sugestioned) and they started to farm pvp xp and get better gear (cheat, in a low lvl way).

Once again the so called "Best pvpers" dominated till the rest got their gear than we had the hax'ncheese going on (pleasureman actually came to the forums and said they would exploit pvp xp and use the map hack cause they were better players and they "should" win and just couldnt cause the game system).

Yes, that didnt happened on premades but it did happened on pugs world pvp and sieges, ALOT. Some ppl just dont like premade minis, why the so called "good pvpers" have the right to destroy the fun of ppl who like world pvp and sieges?

Face the truth. While ppl behave just like *******s, the game will suck. When ppl actually look for a competitive enviroment, the game will get better.

The end.
    Last edited by bolas; 24th May 2014 at 07:20.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    The sieges are complicated because it is a mess of code and systems and hacks that scares me to commit people too. I feel like it could be a development black hole - you throw resources at it forever and you never see anything for it.

Premades... Team up with friends? Yes, sounds nice, on the other hand, doing a premade group sounds like a Seal clubber's wet dream... Sounds "fun"...
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Quote Originally Posted by AngryBarb View Post
    Premades... Team up with friends? Yes, sounds nice, on the other hand, doing a premade group sounds like a Seal clubber's wet dream... Sounds "fun"...
    aww come off it. I find it interesting that everyone zerg15v4 in world pvp at every chance they can which is the same thing and yet in 6v6 its not "fair"?.

aww come off it. I find it interesting that everyone zerg15v4 in world pvp at every chance they can which is the same thing and yet in 6v6 its not "fair"?.
    Where did I say that 15V4 in open world is amazing? I did not. In fact last night i was doing festival all night and In the middle of a big battle, 5 people constantly focused me. I don't know them or their guild, but I guess me being undergeared "underlevelled" for pvp made me light up in a big team battle at crom's rock.

Well that was not a fight, that was just silly, and it got boring pretty quick, so I went afk for a smoke.
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

I got to about page 4 before understanding what this thread is about. i guess in my experience the BEST most FUN matches i've had are grudge matches between a dozen experienced pvp'rs whom you've played with all week religiously and after 4 hours of pug mini you land a fair match with familiar adversaries and everyone sees the fairness and everyone goes extremely ****in' hard when that happens it's usually everyone is pvp 7 or higher and both teams per player each player get around 10 kills each but like i said you have to go throu a lot of crap pug minis to attain an actually good grudge match.(grudge match) like on the edge of your seat cussing at your monitor hard slamming your fist on the desk even thou your going +5 and winning becuase you made a careless mistake or your fat fingers accidently hit the wrong button and got your killed, i would rather go 3-7 and have a fair match then go 12-2 in a unfair match, it's just sad you know what i mean.

world quests right now are 6v6

stawp with that zerg sh*t

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    world quests right now are 6v6

stawp with that zerg sh*t
    What the hell are you even talking about?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast