Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Problem with afkers in minigames

Default Big Problem with afkers in minigames

What gonna FC do against afkers in minigames. Theres is especially one guy, that all know for being afk in every single minigame from the start. almost all minigames with this guy in group is lost. he was reportet so many times but FC doesnt do anything. please!

he's pvp'ing. he's taking the 'no effort' route to best gear and he is succeeding. Fun, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    he's pvp'ing. he's taking the 'no effort' route to best gear and he is succeeding. Fun, isn't it?
    It took me 2 years of daily minigames, majority of which I won, with pvp xp gain buffs to ding pvp lvl 10 and score best pvp gear.

This "no effort" route should get him what he wants in about 5 years given that majority of his games are lost due to him being akf.

That said it is still an issue.
    Retired

Might be a "dummy" to manipulate the mini outcome too.
    Quick solutions:
    Limit the time you can spend around the ress in hide and then teleport those doing it, to the middle or enemy resspoint. Or link token rewards to an "IF" demanding a certain time of the mini "out of hide". I am sure the numbers can be chosen to let rogues still sneak 75% of the time. And if the inactive want to play "hide and seek", let them or focus them. This suggestion should at least take care for those being afk or inactive without wanting to risk something. If they pop up from hide or have to move around to get a reward at least they draw enemy fire or lure hunters (again, unless they are a dummy by the majority of enemy team).
    And then you can always ./shout to the enemy team and give the afker location (again, good measure to see, if it is a dummy or not).
    I have seen minis where sticking near such a guy, even not in hide, was the best way of not getting attacked, since the enemy team (at least their kd whores and resspadfarmers) saw it, but kind of avoided the afker on purpose
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 17th May 2014 at 13:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    It took me 2 years of daily minigames, majority of which I won, with pvp xp gain buffs to ding pvp lvl 10 and score best pvp gear.

This "no effort" route should get him what he wants in about 5 years given that majority of his games are lost due to him being akf.

Do you know what is the real issue - that it took you 2 years to get 1 toon to pvp10. It will take 24 years to get all 12 toons to pvp10. So if you start playing at 20 you'll be 44 by the time you can get the best pvp gear for your 12 archtypes. THAT'S F*CKING SAD!

Don't hate the player for reacting to the game pvp mechanics, because the game pvp mechanics SUCK!
    Last edited by Brazza; 17th May 2014 at 17:34.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

Yes, I have to agree. Minus someone crashing or having RL getting in the way, nothing is being accomplished by people that uselessly sit on the pad. They are only doing it troll other players at that point, just like players that log off intentionally during a mini to keep one side down a player.

It's hard to make a system that can counter people playing like sh1theads.
    Doomsayer 2008

Almost as if there should be a "vote kick" for players on your own team.

Quote Originally Posted by gcustoms View Post
    Almost as if there should be a "vote kick" for players on your own team.
    I am personally afraid that "vote kick" would be used against those pvp lvl 1-2 on your team in a hope that kicking them will result in higher lvl player taking their spot.
    Retired

You can bet on it that the s*1theads will abuse this, yes. Especially when they are in the majority and want to "dominate". Just look at the attitude the majority of players already has towards players not playing by their "rules". And it will not get better without many new players.

If they are the minority and not dummies...it is just something you have to learn to adapt (a jhebbal for example works 10 vs 10 too). After all the enemy team probably has the same amount of afkers under this conditions. Same for crashing people. It is the deliberate abuse that has to be countered...and there are way better ways than a votekick.

And as long as the game design makes sure, that active players progress faster than leechers, there is nothing wrong with the leechers getting something too (after all, you don't know if they aren't paying customers). And here is at least some potential to fix the issue, too. Right now in terms of tokens a leecher has good chances to get the same rewards as a flagger or killer, which simply does not sound right, right?
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 19th May 2014 at 06:23.

I am personally afraid that "vote kick" would be used against those pvp lvl 1-2 on your team in a hope that kicking them will result in higher lvl player taking their spot.
    We dont need to discuss a vote-kick option, this would be abused form the very first moment. But an inactivity-kick would do the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast