Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Today AOC is 6 years old today!

Default AOC is 6 years old today!

Let me re-post old stuff:

17th May 2008, 14:31 #1
    Tarib
    Senior Community Manager

Welcome to Hyboria!
    By Crom! By Mitra! By Set! They day is here! I bid you Welcome to Hyboria!

For 5 years, we, the galley slaves of Funcom, have toiled on the oar for your future pleasure. For 5 years we have felt the merry whip inscribe the letters “Conan” on our backs, mixing sweat with blood, reminding us to pull harder. Now we have at last reached the shore. The barge now transformed into a luxury ship and we bid you welcome on board. Not as slaves, naturally, but as captains, esteemed passengers or pilots.

The point is - from now on, Hyboria is yours as much as ours. We will build this world with you. We hope you will fall as much in love with it, as we have. Know though, that we might experience a bit of rough sea the first days. This is the nature launches… Let me take this moment to apologize for any bumpiness. Smoother waters are sighted ahead!

Welcome to Hyboria, welcome home!

Yours truly,

Gaute Godager
    Game Director, Age of Conan

========

Here are some important links you might want to check out:

Community Portal
    Knowledge Support Database
    Tutorial Videos

I would like to thank the current team and especially Joel "The man" Bylos and Matt "yes I can" Bennett (aka Cirith Gorgor) for the hard work and, what is more important, solid results. Things might now be perfect already, but recent changes and BOLD ideas made into content (aka open world pvp) are making me hopeful for the AOC's future.

Thanks and here is to another 6 years!
    Last edited by Slith; 17th May 2014 at 06:07.
    Retired

Happy birthday Funcom!

any chance of a free name change of a character to help celebrate?

Such a shame there is no events in game or offers to mark this anniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    Such a shame there is no events in game or offers to mark this anniversary.
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/festival_of_bloodshed
    http://www.ageofconan.com/news/game_...ter_april_2014

Stop lying.

Event will start soon, 20/21 of may i think.
    As for the deals, i would like new offers also, but last ones were some months ago (even tho they were not very good) si i doubt they'll make another before 6 months.
    Too bad cause pvp patch+6year+event is a very good reason to advertize the game.

Wow PvP event. Nice for the 5% of the players who cares for that.

Did you seriously miss the fact that they've made a whole new PvE questline for the Anniversary? It's probably gonna be at least as extensive as the Halloween questline, probably gonna have better vanity rewards, and appeal to nostalgia since it's about the Red Hand.

You've spoken too soon.

I remember that letter from Mr. Godager!!! I was SOOO excited when I heard Conan was coming to the mmo world! Grew up reading ReH books & stories so this was something special for me.
    I have had some serious fun playing this game, along with some rough times, that changed to stale times, that changed to resentment, that changed to a total loss of hope. But the memory of the fun still remains. Perhaps Fucom has began pulling a miracle out of their behinds. I hope so! (All my Fucom grief goes toward the CEO's and "higher-up's" that call the shots and decide what resources get spent where, like Lego and TSW. The Devs, artists, story writers, etc., are great in my book. Phuc the CEO's.)

Anyway, 6 years! That's quite a feat! Although I have griefed Fucom many times recently, grats Fucom for keeping this game afloat!

Now fix my guild renown and give us a new raid and I might resub.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast