Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: A Civil Discussion on the PvP Update Differences Between Crom and Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    But let's be honest about it, in the current state of the game it's not really a major factor. Even at EU prime time, playfields are more or less empty on Fury, and there is only so much scope for spontaneous PvP if there are no players to fight.
    This is not sololy a question of amount. Indeed these last months population is scarce. But when you level a character and quest in Khitai instead of just being powerleveld in raids or dungeons you have a pretty great time thanks to that little extra. Compared to the tediousness of it on Crom once you know the quests.
    I quest with friends in Khitai, some days, nothing cross our path, some nights some fun squirmishs, and some other nights we can't quest and fight instead. For this, you don't need a huge population at all.

So the question is, do we give Open-World PvP server a chance of a revival after years of undermining them ? Or do we believe it's too late and shut them down already ? I can understand for people that for people who moved to Crom the second option seems better, wiser, why even bother arguing about it ?! But on the other side it's not that simple. Most of the people i play with, don't consider Crom as an option. I want to believe there's more than the few i know !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Still, I enjoy PvE like the majority of remaining population, so Crom is it... and the short end of the stick we're getting considering our numbers is ridiculous.
    It's like gay rights ! Majority of the population is straight, doesn't mean you shouldn't do something for the minorities

Edit: I know, couldn't find a better metaphore. (Didn't mean to offend russians)
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    But when you level a character and quest in Khitai instead of just being powerleveld in raids or dungeons you have a pretty great time thanks to that little extra.
    How do you have a pretty great time? Most likely you will meet a couple of other players doing the same in 2-3 hours time. This is not 2008 anymore btw.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

@ Chaman
    Except, we're the ones getting oppressed, not you

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    But he says that a pvp server with no choice not to pvp should exist. And I agree with it.

There has to be a server where everybody should be forced to pvp, otherwise you will just find opponents on ideal status, like, full gear or full group...mean less occasions to pvp, and more preparations needed before jumping in a dangerous environnement.
    Well im different than you.

Forced PvP cannot happen btw even on Fury, if someone does not want to PvP and he's getting ganked while questing he will most likely find a way to get past you, or log off.

Moreover, im not a fan of ganking questers and in general ppl that cannot fight back. Im a competition driven person, if someone is too easy to kill i dont bother. If someone is better than me and i cant kill him i dont ask friends to help me, i try to get better instead.

Whats wrong with finding opponents on ideal status? For me thats the essence of PvP, not killing some guy in Khitai blues with a group of PvP10s. Might be language barrier but it looks like you like ganking helpless people too much, and you dont even want to bother spending a bit more time preparing yourself before you do so.

I used to love open world PvP too, but after NPC guards and this ridiculous criminal system (i have been sent too many times to grind mobs for hours to get rid of my criminal status without willingly killing lowbies) i consider it dead. I cant even understand how there is still ppl who like it. And if you indeed like zergs so much and unballanced non competitive PvP why dont you roll on Rage, which is a thousand times better for that than Fury is.

To cut the long story short, i wholeheartedly agree with those who want 1 server with different instance rulesets.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    Well im different than you.

Forced PvP cannot happen btw even on Fury, if someone does not want to PvP and he's getting ganked while questing he will most likely find a way to get past you, or log off.

Moreover, im not a fan of ganking questers and in general ppl that cannot fight back. Im a competition driven person, if someone is too easy to kill i dont bother. If someone is better than me and i cant kill him i dont ask friends to help me, i try to get better instead.

Whats wrong with finding opponents on ideal status? For me thats the essence of PvP, not killing some guy in Khitai blues with a group of PvP10s. Might be language barrier but it looks like you like ganking helpless people too much, and you dont even want to bother spending a bit more time preparing yourself before you do so.

I used to love open world PvP too, but after NPC guards and this ridiculous criminal system (i have been sent too many times to grind mobs for hours to get rid of my criminal status without willingly killing lowbies) i consider it dead. I cant even understand how there is still ppl who like it. And if you indeed like zergs so much and unballanced non competitive PvP why dont you roll on Rage, which is a thousand times better for that than Fury is.

To cut the long story short, i wholeheartedly agree with those who want 1 server with different instance rulesets.
    In order to compete on a fair ground with people who are obviously less skilled, traditionally people handicapped themselves in order to be challenged. It's common in sports (it used to be a massive thing, in fact, usually in footraces and still is in horse racing. Myself, I was so good at the former, I had a chance in the latter =).

In Conan, you can strip your gear off, run around nudey and give the guys who cant play, but are now willing to try now that you've shown you have given them a chance, rather than just farm them like cattle. Which is fun for no one except the dregs left who have a hate-filled life and succeed at nothing (yes, very presumptious, I know). They will now might actually take an interest in trying to defend themselves and partake of other aspects of PvP.

Problem is these days, hardly anyone wants to play with anyone else, they're only levelling by themselves because they're loners or waiting for their guild mate to PL them =(

Im supporting 1 big server idea with either flag system or choice of PVE and PVP instances, BUT

Since most of Fury scientists have very awesome argument that CROM should have limited PVP content cause it is PVE server then Im totally serious when I say:

REMOVE PVE CONTENT FROM FURY OR MAKE IT ENABLED 1 WEEK PER MONTH

and we are both fine!
    Last edited by Redd; 16th May 2014 at 12:29.

Quote Originally Posted by AggroMagnet View Post
    How do you have a pretty great time? Most likely you will meet a couple of other players doing the same in 2-3 hours time. This is not 2008 anymore btw.
    Last time i leveled with a friend was on my lowbie guard maybe 6months ago. I have a little under 400kills (pvp2) on it, all from level 80 and barely done any minis (can't check how many hours i played him but it's under 2days i believe). Indeed it's a pretty poor number compared to what could be done in 2008. Like i think i said, somedays there's not many players so it's just relaxed questing while talking with a friend. Sometimes it was fun 3 vs 3 fights going on for an hour. And sometimes, more rarely it's true, it turned into nice 12 vs 12.
    Reducing this phenomenom to 0 would make a huge diffrence for me though.

@ Lurvi,
    Oppression ! Tsss tsss, here you go with the big words ! You don't know what we have been undergooing these last 4years ! It's merely a gesture
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Progression on a whole is too grindy, unbalanced, and broken. Unchained minis were a great idea because it effectively eliminates progression and promotes a true competitive pvp environment.

I see the recent changes as more of the same... I see no reason to return to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    @ Lurvi,
    Oppression ! Tsss tsss, here you go with the big words ! You don't know what we have been undergooing these last 4years ! It's merely a gesture
    I know very well what you've been going through. I have been longer on Fury than I have been on Crom. I know where I come from.
    I miss duelspot badly, like I said earlier, something I had to give up. Which is a big shame.

About 1 big server and instance selections. You're saying so yourself, while leveling up, you don't need massive numbers to have some fun fights
    Open world wouldn't die out. (it's the way AoC was meant to be played, after all)
    Last edited by Lurvi; 16th May 2014 at 13:40.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast