Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: A Civil Discussion on the PvP Update Differences Between Crom and Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    Is it so hard to enable _additional_ PvP zones (whitesands, wild lands etc. etc)
    also,
    noone is saying enforce PvP to Crom that should have PvE zones. Give instance selections.
    We wrote more or less the same stuff at the same time..

Yes I would like this too.
    I think there are 2 problems mostly about this:
    - limited develop resources
    - marketing (Funcom is making some money by server transfers)

I would still like instanced PvP instances on Crom, but in the end I think we can wait for this too.

Overall, after thinking a bit, imo Funcom did right choice.

Now they should probably correct issues happening on Fury with a quick hotfix (Guards and Murderer Points, according to feedback in other threads).
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

It's good to create some hype around the festivalweek. The PvP events (non dailys) are the most fun and interesting anyways. Even on Fury they just have them 1 week every month, so not a big loss for Crom.

All I ask is:
    More zones
    Tweaks to the minigame situation

Kalston, can you read the posts again? Pretty much everyone suggesting open world to Crom said: with instance selections [PvE] [PvP]
    Noone should be forced to PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    But you can actually find hardcore pvers (or peaceful RPers) on pvp servers, who simply like risking their lives when stepping out of safe zones, even if they are not really into pvp themselves. It adds something to the game, and some people love that.
    The same way proper PvE adds something to a PvP player on Crom. PvE communities are usually way more calm to be around.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 16th May 2014 at 09:37.

But he says that a pvp server with no choice not to pvp should exist. And I agree with it.

There has to be a server where everybody should be forced to pvp, otherwise you will just find opponents on ideal status, like, full gear or full group...mean less occasions to pvp, and more preparations needed before jumping in a dangerous environnement.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

I agree too, on Fury they should never add PvE instances, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    It's not enough crowded to make it a decent playground to fuel up thoses pvp quests daily
    So you mean Kopseph Province is crowded ATM on fury? Interesting thoughts bro.
    Moriala - The Ivory Tower

[Youtube Channel]

Give instance selections.
    If that happens there wouldn't be the need for more than one server. It would be the end of Fury but also the end of an idea. I know i'm an old fart hanging on to something most players deem finshed but hell that's the only reason i'm still more or less playing.

Open-World PVP, in my opinion, needs to be total. Because it is what makes it lively. I never enjoyed more open-world PvP than when the guild you were in meant something and when killing members from a guild meant something too. Some guilds had the habit of never entering Keshatta with less than 24 players, being in a small guild you couldn't compete. Fair enough, they couldn't avoid being in an open-world zone with fewer players. So you took your revenges there.
    That's what i like with open-world. No pricks could, like in minis, be complete asshats and get away with it.

Sure on Fury the notion of guild and rivalrie when it comes to guilds is poor so what i'm talking about might seem odd. Nevertheless that's how i got hooked on AoC, and instanciating PvP zones will make it just a place you can organize PVP events and eventually participate in these open-world quest. But it relinquishs open-world PvP to the dark corners of the game again.

I don't think you can completely compare these to Bori. Because achieving those by fightclubing (bori) or actual fighting is pretty much as fast (ofc more fun with second option). What they allow is to make open-world PvP as rewarding as minis are while actually fighting. If guilds get organized and clear sides arise with rivaleries, guild pride and such, it could last in the long run. If only thing you consider is the XP side of it. Sure it might get old.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    But he says that a pvp server with no choice not to pvp should exist. And I agree with it.

There has to be a server where everybody should be forced to pvp, otherwise you will just find opponents on ideal status, like, full gear or full group...mean less occasions to pvp, and more preparations needed before jumping in a dangerous environnement.
    I understand the point... it's the feeling of danger while questing, which Vehl described in some of his earlier posts. And I understand that this may have some appeal to some players.

But let's be honest about it, in the current state of the game it's not really a major factor. Even at EU prime time, playfields are more or less empty on Fury, and there is only so much scope for spontaneous PvP if there are no players to fight.

So when you think about it, a merge with Crom would lead to the following:

* loss of spontanous, forced PvP (but based on a very low level on Fury as is), but
    * more people to duel with
    * more people to play with in minis
    * more people to play with in the new events and quests.

How people weigh these advantages and disadvantages is a matter of personal preference. But it would be prudent to make the call based on the situation as it is, not on the basis of some imaginary situation in which Fury would suddenly be bursting with players again.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

It's good to create some hype around the festivalweek.
    Hype like this?
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/g...Unchained.html

It's 4th anniversary. Let's celebrate people! Craig is giving an interview! Oh wait...
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

It's good to create some hype around the festivalweek. The PvP events (non dailys) are the most fun and interesting anyways. Even on Fury they just have them 1 week every month, so not a big loss for Crom.

All I ask is:
    More zones
    Tweaks to the minigame situation

Kalston, can you read the posts again? Pretty much everyone suggesting open world to Crom said: with instance selections [PvE] [PvP]
    Noone should be forced to PvP.

The same way proper PvE adds something to a PvP player on Crom. PvE communities are usually way more calm to be around.
    Sure pve servers have something to offer too. I never denied that. It's different and you are free to prefer one server experience over the other. And yes no one should be forced to pvp on a pve server, for sure. But the whole point of a pvp server is that everyone is forced to pvp as much as possible. Not everyone likes it but that's fine, pve servers will always be there.

Cirith clearly expressed his desire to see Fury get a little surge of health, remember. And for all the bold claims that Crom has more pvp than Fury, it's just that, bold claims. Feelings, convictions. FC knows better. I am certain that they thought this through (not perfectly of course ). This is not the Funcom we are used to.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

@Chaman
    Probably server merge is a bad idea for the reasons you, Religolibri and Kalston have pointed out.

With daily quests on Fury, maybe the server will see more of the rivalry you talk about? It may be florish
    Such a server for AoC should exsist!

Still, I enjoy PvE like the majority of remaining population, so Crom is it... and the short end of the stick we're getting considering our numbers is ridiculous.

Atleast do something more:
    Quality of Life changes to minis
    More zones to festival in (instance selections for Crom only when festival week is active)

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast