Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: A Civil Discussion on the PvP Update Differences Between Crom and Fury

It's not an argument (tomhets original thread, and Red's post here), it's an observation sheding light to Funcoms greed (gamecompanysyndrome) if you ask me.

Now they get money from transfers ("better hold back cross server tech a bit longer!")
    after a while maybe they will cave and give to Crom the content we've been paying for (I dare any FC employee show these numbers)

Merge the servers asap.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 15th May 2014 at 23:47.

Another fact:

There was more Crom players on the first testlive events held, giving feedback.

Isn't that an indication to the state of the game/servers?

@Redd:
    Like I stated in the quoted post already, I agree with you on the point of having rather one big server with all the kinds of gameplay.

Imo they should either replace the 'Epic'-instances by PvP-enabled ones or add it as a 3rd category.
    Flagging PvP on and off is something that might seem logical, but given AoCs code I'd say is harder to implement, cause it has to be done from scratch.

I also agree that the concept of PvE-ing to PvP is flawed, but even with the latest patches which bumped the pvp-sets, especially the T1 quite a bit, there is still incentive to PvE for better jewelry and cloaks.

And on the other hand, yes, sadly I do think that PvP needs quests, objectives, incentives, maybe even gear. Why? Because the least amount of people that are left in AoC now has their minds set like Spaart who says PvPing is fighting eachothers for the sake of the fights itself - which I would agree with.
    Thats the reason the rest needs an incentive in the form of some kind of character progression in order to keep doing it. Imo that is the sole reason we have PvP-ranks and multiple ranks of pvp-gear implemented in the game. If I remember correctly this was never intended this way when AoC came out.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 15th May 2014 at 23:56.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    1 Big server ( call it cross server tech if you want) with both pvp and pve is the only reasonable way to go. There is no point in having 2 servers even if the population was much bigger than it is today. That concept is outdated.

All paying customers should have full access to any type of rule set all the time. If you want open world pvp, sure go flag yourself as PvP enabled if you dont keep PvE flag up and quest in piece if that's what you want.

Both communities would benefit from it, because lets face it there aren't many pure PVP or PVE players around. A lot of players enjoy both aspects of the game, why the hell you would want restricted ways of playing the same game?

Having players being forced to chose one server or another so that can participate in events like this or any type of content makes no sense, especially with this low population in general.

And If you come with an argument like "but if you make one server like that everyone will be playing with PVE flag turned on", that you should reconsider your vision of open world pvp, and under which conditions it should happen.

Do you really believe that Open world PVP happens only if you have 1 side looking for a PVE pray questing? Or you think Open world pvp should be focused around PVP objectives and players doing OPEN WORLD PVP QUESTS instead!

Whole logic of PVE-ing in order to PVP is flawed.
    I could definitely live with cross-server technology in terms of PvP especially with the lower population. I feel your pain in a way too because I have access to very few khitai 6-mans and raids because the PvE population (and population in general) on fury is much smaller than Crom so in a way I'm restricted to that as well.

Merged/Crossed servers is the only way

100% with you all.

I guess the only question would be the practicability of its implementation. I'm guessing it's a big job, but I don't know much about coding.

And now you all agreed with Tomhet, the guy who you call a troll, go and read his post again pls

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=184743

The point is, Funcom is depriving paying customers the content they paid for.

And no, I am not Tomhet, but I have been happily playing with the dude since 2009!
    ~The Customer Is Always Wrong~

Exclamation atm need it!

Cirith definitely need new revision for areas open world pvp daily quests:

enter only the first point guards in the area respad

second point to a maximum of 3 groups of 6 people per instance or area

third point if evidence supports daily group killings should be shared by the whole group

fourth point does not allow raid quests in such a maximum group of 6 people and murder point if you accidentally remove a small level pve is to ruin the game

fifth point, take in vision remove mini pug, at least for sign with 3 friends that you can join a mini or mini pug at least remove the pvp server

sixth and final point for new tokens pvp is ok with events but give incentive of mini tournaments or mini unchained!

PS we would like to get an answer on these points and some information for new sets pvpT4

If they put open world pvp on Crom you would see the population plummet. As the population has done on EVERY server this game has had with open world pvp in it.

Face reality, not everyone like or even wants to engage in pvp, and some will do mini's but do NOT want open world pvp. That is WHY they are on a pve server. Take that away from them, even if just for one week every month (which will be 1/4 of the year) and they will leave.

If you want your open world pvp and your pvp quests transfer to fury. If you don't then stop crying about it not being on Crom.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast