Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A Civil Discussion on the PvP Update Differences Between Crom and Fury

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    Tell me one other game that exclusive pvp content came out only for pvp-ruleset servers.Tell me one instance in AoC that your pve progression/content is hindered because you are on fury apart form you own choice that you have to fight other people on the way to it.You don't really look for constructive arguments to reply to,you just keep hiding around the pvp-ruleset choice of words.
    I didn't say there is NO PvP content on PvE servers. I said there is no OPEN-WORLD PvP content on PvE servers. Stop twisting my words.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightshadow- View Post
    I didn't say there is NO PvP content on PvE servers. I said there is no OPEN-WORLD PvP content on PvE servers. Stop twisting my words.
    So place it in the 3 border kingdoms which are already on that ruleset ON the pve server and problem solved ,no ?Or border kingdoms is not open world pvp on Crom o_o.Maybe we should press for sieges to be only on pvp ruleset servers ?.I am done here for tonight ,hoping to read some real *constructive reply* tomorrow that i can't counter without even thinking about it.
    Last edited by -Shink-; 15th May 2014 at 23:19.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    So place it in the 3 border kingdoms which are already on that ruleset ON the pve server and problem solved ,no ?
    I completely agree that that would be okay and I would prefer it. What I added in my original post was Funcom's reasoning for not adding the PvP update to those zones as well. That would be something to argue to Funcom about because I think most would be okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redd View Post
    Fury should get:

Removed all the mobs in all playfields.

Disabled all PvE 6 men instances

Disabled all Raids.

Make Fury a real place for PvP-ers to enjoy pure pvp experience 24/7, without any PvE!

When T5 comes give free transfers for those who want to return to Crom.
    How is this constructive feedback rather than just plain trolling/flamebait?
    Seriously, this "PvP-Servers should only have PvP" is not even an argument, it's just nonsense occuring because some ppl fail to understand something as basic as the difference between a pvp- and a pve-ruleset on servers, jeez.

The current state of the update - which i found a welcome change to the usual random-minigames - is quite likeable actually, and might for a certain period of time incentivise OpenPvP again and even rewards tokens in exchange.
    The only problem is the performance in the effected zones, since in Zelata pings and lags were significantly increasing during the fights, which could be bad for melee-characters.

@ Spaart: While I agree on your first 4-5 points, I wonder if this Euros vs. US thing about if PvP is to be about the kills or the objectives is ever gonna get solved...

Would a kind of King-of-the-Hill mechanics around a certain spot be PvP for you?
    What I mean is something like an event someone from Fury once incited, 3 Parties of 6 Players each fought each others at Brandoc Village over who would hold control over the Shrine of Bori there for the longest total period within a set time-frame. Of course noone did it for Bori, instead the time for each Party was logged and added up, after ~2 hours total time the winner was the group which held the shrine for the longest period in total.
    Since there was 18 Players in 3 groups it was a 6vs12 Situation for either group, which kept it pretty dynamic.
    Would that be more to your liking?

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightshadow- View Post
    I completely agree that that would be okay and I would prefer it. What I added in my original post was Funcom's reasoning for not adding the PvP update to those zones as well. That would be something to argue to Funcom about because I think most would be okay with it.
    Well,whats right to be done is not always "what most people is okay with".What happened is what most people interested in open world pvp were okay with and here we are.Ofc i don't mean to say that great injustice has not been done to the pure pvp crowd for years but is this fixing it ?Done now .Goodnight

Quote Originally Posted by Maelkjar View Post
    Seriously, this "PvP-Servers should only have PvP" is not even an argument, it's just nonsense occuring because some ppl fail to understand something as basic as the difference between a pvp- and a pve-ruleset on servers, jeez.

You fail to understand how it is pointless to have separated rulesets anymore.
    Last edited by Redd; 15th May 2014 at 23:40.

Yeah I honestly can't say that his was a serious argument.

I also agree that most arguing against this, in my opinion, are missing the point of the definition of a PvE and PvP server. Having open-world PvP in a PvE server doesn't make sense. I'm perfectly okay with it being in the Border Kingdoms but there is no justification for it being in the same places that it's in on Fury.

Well that's an entirely different argument! I can understand if people want to have just one server, but my point is that is goes against the definition of being a PvE server if you implement open-world PvP into it.

Judging by your initial post I'd count the above as a try to weasel out or further troll, but alright, I'll bite.
    Ok, so lets just assume they merge Fury and Crom and activate OpenWorld-PvP everywhere in the old world, because this would be necessary for the 4.2-Update to work properly. I'll say it'll be 2 days until the first posts about having the system separate zones into PvP actived and pvp-deactivated instances come flooding in right here.

Don't get me wrong, imo they should do just that and afterwards merge both servers together once and for all. But if it were that easy I guess they would've already done it.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightshadow-
    Well that's an entirely different argument! I can understand if people want to have just one server, but my point is that is goes against the definition of being a PvE server if you implement open-world PvP into it.
    You meant the implementation of open-pvp everywhere, dedicated pvp-zones aside.

About the Topic: I dont see why Crom shouldnt have the dailies in CE on a daily basis and, if the performance-related issues are resolved, also in those. But as I stated in another thread, I assume this was done to try to consolidate the population on Fury.
    Last edited by Maelkjar; 15th May 2014 at 23:42.

Judging by your initial post I'd count the above as a try to weasel out or further troll, but alright, I'll bite.
    Ok, so lets just assume they merge Fury and Crom and activate OpenWorld-PvP everywhere in the old world, because this would be necessary for the 4.2-Update to work properly. I'll say it'll be 2 days until the first posts about having the system separate zones into PvP actived and pvp-deactivated instances come flooding in right here.

Don't get me wrong, imo they should do just that and afterwards merge both servers together once and for all. But if it were that easy I guess they would've already done it.

About the Topic: I dont see why Crom shouldnt have the dailies in CE on a daily basis and, if the performance-related issues are resolved, also in those.

You meant the implementation of open-pvp everywhere, dedicated pvp-zones aside.
    1 Big server ( call it cross server tech if you want) with both pvp and pve is the only reasonable way to go. There is no point in having 2 servers even if the population was much bigger than it is today. That concept is outdated.

All paying customers should have full access to any type of rule set all the time. If you want open world pvp, sure go flag yourself as PvP enabled if you dont keep PvE flag up and quest in piece if that's what you want.

Both communities would benefit from it, because lets face it there aren't many pure PVP or PVE players around. A lot of players enjoy both aspects of the game, why the hell you would want restricted ways of playing the same game?

Having players being forced to chose one server or another so that can participate in events like this or any type of content makes no sense, especially with this low population in general.

And If you come with an argument like "but if you make one server like that everyone will be playing with PVE flag turned on", that you should reconsider your vision of open world pvp, and under which conditions it should happen.

Do you really believe that Open world PVP happens only if you have 1 side looking for a PVE pray questing? Or you think Open world pvp should be focused around PVP objectives and players doing OPEN WORLD PVP QUESTS instead!

Whole logic of PVE-ing in order to PVP is flawed.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast