Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: A Civil Discussion on the PvP Update Differences Between Crom and Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    U cant enter CE with f2p
    You couldn't at the beginning...and some dialogue options from guild city have changed. But you can go there now from Conarch as f2p.

@KorandoAoC: I totally agree about the elitism. You can have pleasant or unpleasant encounters in both parts (like getting new friends and a guild invite and help after a fight in pvp or getting kicked because of gear or because of violating some hidden rule no one explained in pve).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 21st May 2014 at 07:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    PvP servers lost population because no PvP content has been released for years.
    If the same happened to PvE content Crom would have become empty way earlier than Fury.
    Try to imagine last few years of the game without T4 raid, T3.5 raid, House of Crom, Dragon Spine, Unchained 6men instances; while PvE side of the game got all these updates (which anyway are not even enough, since T5 should be here already), PvP got nothing until now.

This is the main reason why Fury lost players, coupled with terrible Funcom design choices (PvE T4 gear beeing way better for PvP than PvP gear on some classes, PvP AA progression way slower than PvE, bad class and gear balance and more).

It has nothing to do with "bad" PvP attitude or lack of social skills by PvP players (who btw are human beeings like you, they don't belong to a different race because of some genetic modification caused by playing PvP ).

What is true is that PvP gameplay makes a person more used to sudden reaction and sometimes rage: in PvP generally you must pay more attention, because you face unpredictable situations, since you play vs other players who, if skilled, are way more challenging than any scripted content can be.
    Also you can't rage versus an NPC boss, while it's very easy to rage versus other players (even more versus your team which in minigames, unless you are in Tournament Mode, is made by random and often unknown leople)

But trust me, "bad" attitude, epeen and elitism exist in PvE exactly as they exist in PvP, and even more.

PvE players who feel "elite" talk on TeamSpeak about how other poor players are bad, act with hypocrisy toward other players considered less skilled / geared, build huge epeen on the "experience" got by repeating the same scripted content 1 thousand time, refuse every kind of feedback etc.

After having played a lot both sides of the game, I can say I definitely prefer a lot PvP side of the game from social point of view (if Funcom could just add some proper group PvP features... ok please allow group minigames signups).
    I have got a lot of rage and raged a lot because of PvP, but rivalry vs other players / guilds is part of PvP experience and fun; behind that there is always genuine respect for good and / or fair players, both buddies or opponents.
    It's something that in PvE doesn't exist on the same level. I know a lot of playears who hate each other and keep playing in same guild just because they "need" that for loot, raid spots, DKP and stuff like that.
    Personally when I felt like that (I mean not feeling any motivation from others to play together if not loot, DKP etc) I have chosen to change, but I know a lot of players who keep staying ignoring problems and accepting cold attitude just for such reasons. It's perfectly understandable of course, most guild probably are like that (but not all to be honest), but then big LOL to PvE players talking about lack of "social skills" or respect in PvP

I'm not saying that all PvE players are like that, there are many different behaviours in PvE too which from social point deserve max respect (like helping newbies with tactic explanation, leveling, getting gear bringing full geared chars, developing stuff for the community like awesome featplanners and utilities by Johara and Nedbee or Cynara blog).

I just wanted to show you things from a different point of view.

agreed this is true, but i just keep wondering why those elitist pve:ers would even think not to hear whining from pvp aspect when funcom dont support ourside of game for 6 years, this was advertised as mostly pvp game, drunk battles, mounted combat, sieges, mostly we just get 1 mini game in 6 years which is exploitable by rangers,demos,necros, standing in spot where is wery hard to get unless u know the trick and while u get there u are dead 20 times in row by that caster.

i think they would behave bad also if they are promised to get content for 6 years and onlything funcom would make is pvp content and ruin class balance for pve, and u can only do 1 raid, and 3 different dungeon
    The Law

You got Bori. More than enough content to last years. So don't cry 'no content'.

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    What is true is that PvP gameplay makes a person more used to sudden reaction and sometimes rage: in PvP generally you must pay more attention, because you face unpredictable situations, since you play vs other players who, if skilled, are way more challenging than any scripted content can be.
    Also you can't rage versus an NPC boss, while it's very easy to rage versus other players (even more versus your team which in minigames, unless you are in Tournament Mode, is made by random and often unknown leople)

But trust me, "bad" attitude, epeen and elitism exist in PvE exactly as they exist in PvP, and even more.

PvE players who feel "elite" talk on TeamSpeak about how other poor players are bad, act with hypocrisy toward other players considered less skilled / geared, build huge epeen on the "experience" got by repeating the same scripted content 1 thousand time, refuse every kind of feedback etc.

After having played a lot both sides of the game, I can say I definitely prefer a lot PvP side of the game from social point of view (if Funcom could just add some proper group PvP features... ok please allow group minigames signups).
    I have got a lot of rage and raged a lot because of PvP, but rivalry vs other players / guilds is part of PvP experience and fun; behind that there is always genuine respect for good and / or fair players, both buddies or opponents.
    It's something that in PvE doesn't exist on the same level. I know a lot of playears who hate each other and keep playing in same guild just because they "need" that for loot, raid spots, DKP and stuff like that.
    Personally when I felt like that (I mean not feeling any motivation from others to play together if not loot, DKP etc) I have chosen to change, but I know a lot of players who keep staying ignoring problems and accepting cold attitude just for such reasons. It's perfectly understandable of course, most guild probably are like that (but not all to be honest), but then big LOL to PvE players talking about lack of "social skills" or respect in PvP

I'm not saying that all PvE players are like that, there are many different behaviours in PvE too which from social point deserve max respect (like helping newbies with tactic explanation, leveling, getting gear bringing full geared chars, developing stuff for the community like awesome featplanners and utilities by Johara and Nedbee or Cynara blog).
    Pvp'ing does not make one a better player. That is nonsense. One thing pvp'ers do very well is kiting. They can and will kite everything and its annoying and nothing more. Thats what pvp teaches you, kiting.

About epeen and elitism.. you know that game from your previous guild. Them among couple other guilds are masters at it. Just the behavior that alienates people. Can't believe it still excist in this game with its current population and at the same time dare complain about low population. Just the hypocrites you described.

Pvp side of the game is flaming, hate tells, quitting because don't want to play with certain people, forum pvp.. its a wonderful world, you bet.

In pve there is the secrecy and 'bragging' rights that keep people from communicating freely. Especially holding back raid tactics is one of the most stupid things to do, even after years some still can't talk about tactics in fear of guild kick. And of course public feedback is out of the question lol.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nightshadow- View Post
    What this thread will not have: Trolling, Raging, [Edited by Drest]
    im not sorry to be offensive i am usualy rather offended by people with lack of fighting spirit to do anything or for sheepishly follow others even when they are wrong.
    first and foremost the diference between fury and crom is:
    pvp is not built around people questing or killing a boss on crom like it is on fury, simply the rule set of fury allows for extreme debasing of players play time to be ruined and disrupted and makes players doing pve the fuel for pvp.

pvp servers always had guards and criminal system to be fully exploited by everyone, by the way one of my first bans on these aoc forums was fighting for removal of guards in every single server, funcom's reply was realy awesome it banned me and a few others and ofc the usual censuring of posts and added even more guards to pvp servers further ruining pvp experience in open world in pvp servers.

on crom open world pvp happens almost exclusively in cimmerian end, where there is no guards and no lowbies hence criminal system is non-existant on crom.

on crom open world pvp is not subject to people relogging lowbies to make you a criminal so guards will aid them like it happens on pvp servers.

on crom sieges work very nicely with high performance, when i got merged with fury sieges were impossible on fury and they happened regularly on crom, nowadays its very rare to have a siege on either server.

on crom server you have full access to all content ingame, except now the pvp daily quests wich only work at festival week.
    clearly was a bussiness call to try and milk crom paying custumers to pay for transfers to fury.

but in the end when on crom server, you play every single aspect available to be played and enjoy a fully populated server wich is alive and teeming with activity, on fury you get trolled by f2p lowbies on troll patrol to make everyone a murderer.

on crom only played a few hours in cimmerian end and experience was rather violent with good points being:
    i can team up with friends to pvp.
    i didnt get a murder status(did kill some stray lvl60 or 50)
    got loads of conquest trophies and some blue potions from killed players
    managed to deliver 4 body parts in pyres
    fully experienced the violence of the fights with a smile, reminded me of old days when game was still filled with people wanting to fight.
    no one was farming rocks just pure pvp.

on the negative side some of the aspects already hinted in testlive showed up more severe on live.

.guilds handholding in a zerg to win objectives.
    .russians making up one massive zerg alliance stomping smaller groups.
    .stupid ammount of waiting time between events
    .poorly developed system of announcing where events will work.
    .hard to pick up quests at start lots of fighting
    .some less then honest players doing nasty tricks to remove shield of risen.

<3
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Aww... Nothing like true love reunited
    It's like watching a Meg Ryan movie

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011