Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: A Civil Discussion on the PvP Update Differences Between Crom and Fury

Exclamation

I hear pvpers crying about what they didnt get in all these years and why they were "forced" to come to crom cause we had the only viable playerbase left.

but the pvp servers have and ALWAYS had ALL pve content enabled so why couldnt they get enough guild and pug raids or 6mans going to maintain a healthy population???

to me the answer is as obvious as sad: because of the very nature of the vast majority of pvp players! too much grudge and resentments towards each other paired with too big egos and a shocking lack of manners.
    no offense to the minority of those who were trying to make it work but the majority of all those who are responsible for all the prejudice and hard feelings towards "bad" pvpers which still effects most crom pve'rs view took the upper hand.

croms pve players should not be punished for the pvpers lack of social skills which led to the devastating population of their pvp servers by giving the pvpers the chance to do the same to crom.

Crom as PvE server has limited PvP options cause thats the very nature of a pve server. you knew this form the very beginning and asking for any more pvp than there already is simply takes it too far.

oh and no, the borderkingdoms do not contradict the nature of a pve server because these zones serve no other purpose than limited pvp while zones like wild lands, khopshef, etc are needed to lvl up, advance in destiny quests and explore the lore of AoC and opening them up to pvp on a pve server would massively disturb or even destroy the game experience of a pve server.
    Last edited by TribunLeader; 17th May 2014 at 17:57.

@Tribunleader
    Cause they're not PvE players? but had to engage in PvE for gear / AAs to compete in PvP?
    Do you realise what a toll that was...?

Also, read the suggestions made. Noone is saying to force anything upon PvE players.
    They learned from enforcing PvE upon PvP players already.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 17th May 2014 at 19:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    @Tribunleader
    Cause they're not PvE players? but had to engage in PvE for gear / AAs to compete in PvP?
    Do you realise what a toll that was...?

Also, read the suggestions made. Noone is saying to force anything upon PvE players.
    They learned from enforcing PvE upon PvP players already.
    This exactly.
    Doomsayer 2008

it was only logical that T4 gear was better for pvp than any other gear. i hope same thing happens with T5 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    it was only logical that T4 gear was better for pvp than any other gear. i hope same thing happens with T5 gear.
    ur trolling is boring and lame..
    The Law

So boring and lame that FC mods have started removing his posts from some threads
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    I'm not sure about that but the way the new pvp contest is released in Crom is going to be a only premium contest and in Fury is going to be a free contest. Because the bori zone is premium. Is this true?

I really don't mind because pvp is not my priority and I'm going to be premium until I'll leave the game. But If this is true I don't think It's fair for Crom f2p people.
    That is incorrect. Bori isn't a premium zone at all.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    That is incorrect. Bori isn't a premium zone at all.
    U cant enter CE with f2p
    Kinaputten

Quote Originally Posted by Mogsters View Post
    U cant enter CE with f2p
    u can, for like year now..
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by TribunLeader View Post
    I hear pvpers crying about what they didnt get in all these years and why they were "forced" to come to crom cause we had the only
    but the pvp servers have and ALWAYS had ALL pve content enabled so why couldnt they get enough guild and pug raids or 6mans going to maintain a healthy population???

to me the answer is as obvious as sad: because of the very nature of the vast majority of pvp players! too much grudge and resentments towards each other paired with too big egos and a shocking lack of manners.
    no offense to the minority of those who were trying to make it work but the majority of all those who are responsible for all the prejudice and hard feelings towards "bad" pvpers which still effects most crom pve'rs view took the upper hand.

croms pve players should not be punished for the pvpers lack of social skills which led to the devastating population of their pvp servers by giving the pvpers the chance to do the same to crom.
    PvP servers lost population because no PvP content has been released for years.
    If the same happened to PvE content Crom would have become empty way earlier than Fury.
    Try to imagine last few years of the game without T4 raid, T3.5 raid, House of Crom, Dragon Spine, Unchained 6men instances; while PvE side of the game got all these updates (which anyway are not even enough, since T5 should be here already), PvP got nothing until now.

This is the main reason why Fury lost players, coupled with terrible Funcom design choices (PvE T4 gear beeing way better for PvP than PvP gear on some classes, PvP AA progression way slower than PvE, bad class and gear balance and more).

It has nothing to do with "bad" PvP attitude or lack of social skills by PvP players (who btw are human beeings like you, they don't belong to a different race because of some genetic modification caused by playing PvP ).

What is true is that PvP gameplay makes a person more used to sudden reaction and sometimes rage: in PvP generally you must pay more attention, because you face unpredictable situations, since you play vs other players who, if skilled, are way more challenging than any scripted content can be.
    Also you can't rage versus an NPC boss, while it's very easy to rage versus other players (even more versus your team which in minigames, unless you are in Tournament Mode, is made by random and often unknown leople)

But trust me, "bad" attitude, epeen and elitism exist in PvE exactly as they exist in PvP, and even more.

PvE players who feel "elite" talk on TeamSpeak about how other poor players are bad, act with hypocrisy toward other players considered less skilled / geared, build huge epeen on the "experience" got by repeating the same scripted content 1 thousand time, refuse every kind of feedback etc.

After having played a lot both sides of the game, I can say I definitely prefer a lot PvP side of the game from social point of view (if Funcom could just add some proper group PvP features... ok please allow group minigames signups).
    I have got a lot of rage and raged a lot because of PvP, but rivalry vs other players / guilds is part of PvP experience and fun; behind that there is always genuine respect for good and / or fair players, both buddies or opponents.
    It's something that in PvE doesn't exist on the same level. I know a lot of playears who hate each other and keep playing in same guild just because they "need" that for loot, raid spots, DKP and stuff like that.
    Personally when I felt like that (I mean not feeling any motivation from others to play together if not loot, DKP etc) I have chosen to change, but I know a lot of players who keep staying ignoring problems and accepting cold attitude just for such reasons. It's perfectly understandable of course, most guild probably are like that (but not all to be honest), but then big LOL to PvE players talking about lack of "social skills" or respect in PvP

I'm not saying that all PvE players are like that, there are many different behaviours in PvE too which from social point deserve max respect (like helping newbies with tactic explanation, leveling, getting gear bringing full geared chars, developing stuff for the community like awesome featplanners and utilities by Johara and Nedbee or Cynara blog).

I just wanted to show you things from a different point of view.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 21st May 2014 at 07:05.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast