Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: A Civil Discussion on the PvP Update Differences Between Crom and Fury

I don't follow Ciriths argumentation completely.
    What they did was to choose several zones they thought interesting for pvp and added the posters and npcs there. Nothing wrong here.
    Maybe then there is a technical reason or workload reason, why they have to add these to the same zones on servers (but then it would be contradictive to the different handling like no quests on crom and permanent quests on fury).
    So, assuming it is possible to treat/patch both servers independly, what speaks against using not only cimmerians end, but the other pvp enabled zones on Crom too?
    Will it be possible to add these to a third type of zone that is available either through the choice upon entering or a reachable copy of the furian zones from an npc?
    It was to me not imperative to do it like they did now. There was no "either full open pvp" or "no quests permanently" choice. Lots of middleground without forcing pvp upon people on a pve server...
    So hopefully they are not forgetting these and sooner or later add the quests permanently to crom too, without interfering with pve questzones or changing rulesets of existing zones (even temporarily). Different rulesets on seperately reached instances or new copies of existing stuff are perfectly fine to me, though.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th May 2014 at 08:38.

You could read my 1st post and check if i am spitting or not.Border kingdoms is open world like it or not.They could at least say they ll work on it or figure a solution instead of justifying current standing .

As for tomhet we rarely agree on anything ,we are far from best buddies and i believe we argue enough in guild forums where we don't get infractions for questioning moderation .Unfortunately for you i have my own opinion on the matter so stop labeling me as tomhet's friend and whatnot.

It is interesting how a certain majority treats someone who contributed a lot to the life and survival of the game...by leading raids, groups, guilds and investing a lot of free time with well meant suggestions and analysis and who probably knew something (and maybe more than most devs) about ALL content in the game. I would not call myself a friend either, but this treatment is disgraceful...
    Seems the modern way of dealing with conflict though .
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 16th May 2014 at 08:48.

It's not an argument (tomhets original thread, and Red's post here), it's an observation sheding light to Funcoms greed (gamecompanysyndrome) if you ask me.

Now they get money from transfers ("better hold back cross server tech a bit longer!")
    after a while maybe they will cave and give to Crom the content we've been paying for (I dare any FC employee show these numbers)

Merge the servers asap.
    Last edited by Lurvi; Yesterday at 23:47..

it is no bad for the company to get money fom tansfers!money means that they will pay employments ,fix issues ,make new upadates ,give new content,keep the game strong and alive!!!
    so i give money for this game it deserv it.and is no so huge payment.its a very nice hoby and have great fun (no all the timessometimes it piss me off but still my beloved game!
    gratz for the new patch funcom keep the good work.
    lurvi is easy if you dont prefair crom now you go to fury.and when you dont want more fury you come back to crom thats the game goes for hardcoreplayers like you-is no problem the money for transfers-if you play football or any spor you will give at list 50 euros for equip one time per year -here we play all the year deserves to give some money to this great game!
    we pass time with fun here.
    thanks funcom really very good job(do more and players wil help).

a and about servers merge i dont think is good idea -good idea is more servers with more players and subs-we want the game to succed and be on the top!!
    i will always spend some time in aoc .
    guild FAT GOATS
    ::: Server Crom
    ::: Main Chars:
    - nikkoss (GUARDIAN)pvp10
    - TAMPLAS (CONQUEROR)pvp3
    - polarbear(bs)pvp3
    - Strikke (Assa)pvp6
    - papanikos (POM)pvp2
    - Sweet (Tos)pvp2
    - Killbo (Barb)pvp5
    - grfury(Demo)pvp5
    - nickoss (DT)pvp6
    - sfaliara (ranger)pvp4
    - Lun (Hox)pvp3
    - Lin(Nek)pvp2

Quote Originally Posted by Oduda View Post
    If they put open world pvp on Crom you would see the population plummet. As the population has done on EVERY server this game has had with open world pvp in it.

Face reality, not everyone like or even wants to engage in pvp, and some will do mini's but do NOT want open world pvp. That is WHY they are on a pve server. Take that away from them, even if just for one week every month (which will be 1/4 of the year) and they will leave.

If you want your open world pvp and your pvp quests transfer to fury. If you don't then stop crying about it not being on Crom.
    no one is forcing anyone to go in the pvp zone... just like no one forces me to go in shitty raid instances.

CE is open-world, yeah, not the question. It's not enough crowded to make it a decent playground to fuel up thoses pvp quests daily, apart for the first days maybe. Look at the rewards, and tell me it will push pvpers from crom out of their minigames ?

-Special delivery : prey : as i don't think it will be fun being tagged at start as the prey, you gain only Mastery xp, which is something people on Crom don't care cause they have tons of it.

-Special delivery : hunters : as there won't be much of prey, do it will be ran on Crom ?

-Kill Quest : 10/15 kills per player (with the same count system as minis), would be viable from times to times with big guild fights on CE but daily, don't be silly...

Same argument applies to the quests in pve zones. Do you really want this content to be parasitic and leeching off other content or want it to be attractive on its own?
    Make them happen on the border kingdoms and you will see and be able to fix what is wrong now or unbalanced with the quests. If they work there, they are a really nice and welcome addition to the game and worthy of a permanent feature. If not, they come with a tradeoff and penalties you have to decide, if you want them or not.

At a first thought I would have liked PvP daily quests on Crom too, but CirithGorgor explanation in this posts seems very reasonable to me, and everyone should probably take a read at it without rushing on comments:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showpos...50&postcount=6

Of course there are probably marketing motivations too (Funcom is hoping to get some money from server transfers - I will buy one too - and probably to rebalance a bit server loads), but in the long therm probably this choice will reveal to be the correct one.
    A nice post from Sarhal has good points in explaining this too.

I would also like instanced PvP enabled playfields on Crom too, with chose at instance entrance (like epic / normal current choice).
    But we know that Funcom has limited resources, and I'm happy they worked on this new PvP content, and eventually on new Tier raid, instead of a similar solution.

Offtopic: take it easy guys, whatever is players opinion (it's normal we have different ones) there was so much hate and troll in this thread and others about this topic.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 16th May 2014 at 09:19.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Imo its very simple and obvious, that PvP events on Crom were limited by 1 week per month, its not a weakness for Cromians but bless
    I don't think Im missing the point. I understand Ciriths decision to drop daily quests on Crom, and after some thought... I don't mind it that much, if they did some small changes to minis (like suggested on testliveforums) to make the downtime more beareable

What's bothering me the most is how we have to fight in Cimmerian End every single time.
    The variety of zones to PvP in is what makes this exciting!
    This is what I make my arguments toward

Is it so hard to enable _additional_ PvP zones (whitesands, wild lands etc. etc)
    also,
    noone is saying enforce PvP to Crom that should have PvE zones. Give instance selections.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 16th May 2014 at 09:19.

Some people are saying that separate servers is an outdated concept, but this is completely wrong.

MMOs still get released with pvp and pve servers for a reason (hello WildStar!). If they don't (like TESO) then pvp is limited to specific areas (so it's just like Crom and the border kindgoms, consensual and limited pvp). Why? Because forcing pvp on everyone is completely different from making it optional. Is that so hard to understand? You can't just merge Fury and Crom and call it a day. You do that, you lose something. You gain a consolidated community sure, but you also lose players and the true open world pvp experience.

And yes, those pvp servers always have the same pve content as pure pve servers. Because a pvp server is just that, a different experience of the same game that some enjoy and some don't. But you can actually find hardcore pvers (or peaceful RPers) on pvp servers, who simply like risking their lives when stepping out of safe zones, even if they are not really into pvp themselves. It adds something to the game, and some people love that.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast