Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 4.2 feedback

Guards have no place on a PvP server in general. We have been asking for years to have them removed completely from Fury (its what killed open world pvp imo), now its too late for me at least since i transfered.

Fully agree with Tissue.
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

The probleme isn't overrated. Yesterday a couple of lowbies spent hours running around in the melee hugging level 80s to take AoE from them and therefore give murder points.

Yesterday at very least 20 players ended up with more than 400 murder points. In roughly two hours of fighting yesterday evenning i ended up with 800 without killing any lowbies. But hell... a hox can't avoid them like a sin, a ranger or any other single target class would.

and i still don't know where to get the tokens to buy stuff from the new vendors. The ideas of certain new "abilities" and pets are nice, imo.
    I hope they do not replace the work on an achievement system though.
    Victory tokens are earned during the festival of blood all the info here: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...39#post2097439
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Feedback : I'll roll healer and tanks and stick with those class. No reason at all to roll a dps in this game but for roleplay.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

They just need to remove these guards. If they want one or two by the rez closest to the zone in whatever, but you don't need all these other ones, especially when they are 300 meters away from the rez.

BTW, green guards are much worse than the old targetable ones. I was on Crom so long I forgot how irritating guard huggers were.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    BTW, green guards are much worse than the old targetable ones. I was on Crom so long I forgot how irritating guard huggers were.
    In what way does the color of guards change anything ? It's pretty nice you don't aggro them with AoEs that easy anymore.

But i agree that putting less guards would be better. But keeping some of them to intice people to fight further from the rezpad. It's the one thing i dislike in CE when fights happen on the rezpad it becomes rather pointless.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Hum, maybe he's saying that because the guard huggers don't risk hitting the guards themselves so if you're criminal you can't touch them but they can touch you.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    In what way does the color of guards change anything ? It's pretty nice you don't aggro them with AoEs that easy anymore.

But i agree that putting less guards would be better. But keeping some of them to intice people to fight further from the rezpad. It's the one thing i dislike in CE when fights happen on the rezpad it becomes rather pointless.
    Because now people can run to guards with dots and not worry about their own aoe making them criminals as well. It's much more favorable for guard huggers now, at least from what I saw.
    Doomsayer 2008

Yesterday I really fell off my seat... outside the village there was nothing going on, no action no anything and you had to look around for someone to attack, and then I had a look inside the village and what do I see there? A huge zerging and pew pew surrounded my guards who try to "reconcile" the situation. I mean... what is wrong with these players? Outside is so much space for fights and no annoying guards, and I really mean these guards are annoying! I do not understand this behaviour, seriously!
    Last edited by Bendowill; 16th May 2014 at 13:07.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Maybe people will understand better once the Events start rolling? Forcing people elsewhere.

I feel your pain Bendowill. Same thing was happening between events on Testlive. People trying to gank you, failing, running to guards.

I said to FoA and on testlive forums to remove the guards.

The kill x amount of people quests are good. You kill people and get rewarded for it. The pict and bounty quests, unless they are in your vision when you pick up the quest or you are a ranger, are difficult to find. They require more wok and less pvp, so not so rewarding.

I am looking forward to the festival quests.

Also, teso was chaos the whole time I was on, in and out of the city. It will be nice to see the pvp choas rotating in different areas everyday!

Giggity!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast