Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: PvP Festival and PvP Daily Quests : Guide

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Only the winners should reap the highest rewards, and there should be a motivation for that (look at JS: everyone is hiding to get his free token). People have to be pushed to give out the best they can. You gain enough PVP XP and fun without the extra rewards (which are very high, by the way).
    What? You gain PvP XP by actually doing PvP? You must be playing a different game then
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Only the winners should reap the highest rewards, and there should be a motivation for that (look at JS: everyone is hiding to get his free token). People have to be pushed to give out the best they can. You gain enough PVP XP and fun without the extra rewards (which are very high, by the way).
    What is motivation for pvp 0 or pvp 2, lets say demo to participate in solo arena? realistically good groups dont want to take player like that, so he can either play solo or with couple also low lvl friends.
    There is no way in hell he can win anything, but if he is persistent and try, and go for it he should get some reward. Dont have to be big one but something to keep him/them going would be nice.

Btw friend play on crom and we logged to see how festival works there. there were 9 people in the area (at same time wild lands on fury were pretty populated). 1 group that held everything. 2-3 people standing idle. It was pathetic and cant be compared with event on fury.
    So if you have no idea how this event look on fury i would urge you to hold of commenting.
    Also since you always promoting everything hardcore, please, please do come to fury and see how many events you will win with your hox and what is open world pvp.

Ofcourse the winners should reap the highest rewards, but the JS argument is invalid as people aren't asking to be rewarded as highly as the event winners, but to be awarded something. It's not about getting the idlers 3 tokens, but to give the losers who try 1. And class roles/balance already makes it more or less useless to "give out the best they can" as in some of the events that's just not enough. If you want more people participating in the event, give an incentive to lose, not just to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Belawen View Post
    Ofcourse the winners should reap the highest rewards, but the JS argument is invalid as people aren't asking to be rewarded as highly as the event winners, but to be awarded something. It's not about getting the idlers 3 tokens, but to give the losers who try 1. And class roles/balance already makes it more or less useless to "give out the best they can" as in some of the events that's just not enough. If you want more people participating in the event, give an incentive to lose, not just to win.
    There is:
    Kill x ppl holding the flag
    Capture the flag
    Become gullah
    Get gullah altar buff
    Arena runner up buff

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    What is motivation for pvp 0 or pvp 2, lets say demo to participate in solo arena? realistically good groups dont want to take player like that, so he can either play solo or with couple also low lvl friends.
    There is no way in hell he can win anything, but if he is persistent and try, and go for it he should get some reward. Dont have to be big one but something to keep him/them going would be nice.

Btw friend play on crom and we logged to see how festival works there. there were 9 people in the area (at same time wild lands on fury were pretty populated). 1 group that held everything. 2-3 people standing idle. It was pathetic and cant be compared with event on fury.
    So if you have no idea how this event look on fury i would urge you to hold of commenting.
    Also since you always promoting everything hardcore, please, please do come to fury and see how many events you will win with your hox and what is open world pvp.
    To be honest, also with my hox I enjoyed the pvp event. Only sad thing is that it is so difficult to get a good healer in group. They seem to be very rare... Without heal the groups are imbalanced per definition

Remember that the resetting of quest make the bad/badly geared/little time player get less xp and tokens for each win and each kill than the good ones. That is not good.

Quote Originally Posted by hepp View Post
    Remember that the resetting of quest make the bad/badly geared/little time player get less xp and tokens for each win and each kill than the good ones. That is not good.
    True, but low PVP level toons need less pvp xp to go to higher levels.

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    To be honest, also with my hox I enjoyed the pvp event. Only sad thing is that it is so difficult to get a good healer in group. They seem to be very rare... Without heal the groups are imbalanced per definition
    I play only hox on these events, most fun class for me and i won enough events on it. That post was meant for LunaticAsylumLa who wants everything to be grindy and extremely hard. He has no idea what pvp event looks alike on fury and it would be nice if he comes with his hox to get experience from first hand and after that with bit more knowledge he can try to post about pvp in general.

You said that low lvl pvp need less xp to go to higher lvls. While this is true, low lvl people simply cant really win anything to get pvp xp. Groups usually wants good players in it so they have chance to win events, so that also leaves out those that are not good pvpers but have fun doing it. I dont think some small rewards would be game breaking and can only encourage more people to participate.

I guess your hox is Deuk, mine is Schorch

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    I play only hox on these events, most fun class for me and i won enough events on it. That post was meant for LunaticAsylumLa who wants everything to be grindy and extremely hard. He has no idea what pvp event looks alike on fury and it would be nice if he comes with his hox to get experience from first hand and after that with bit more knowledge he can try to post about pvp in general.

You said that low lvl pvp need less xp to go to higher lvls. While this is true, low lvl people simply cant really win anything to get pvp xp. Groups usually wants good players in it so they have chance to win events, so that also leaves out those that are not good pvpers but have fun doing it. I dont think some small rewards would be game breaking and can only encourage more people to participate.

I guess your hox is Deuk, mine is Schorch
    Hi Schorch it's Deuk indeed . Group balancing is an issue indeed, but tbh I do not have a suggestion to solve this either...

Quote Originally Posted by -Deukalion- View Post
    Hi Schorch it's Deuk indeed . Group balancing is an issue indeed, but tbh I do not have a suggestion to solve this either...
    I think its important to get more population too the server mainly☺
    And i must say the population is mutch wealthier now then some months ago☺
    people now cry cus of the pvp lvls.
    when i llvled to 5 i used years! Now u can just go boori or daily quests for fast lvl10.
    Pvp lvl 5 gear is great too now so it would be great that people now go togeather as newbs and learn the hard way i did! In 2009 i had 500kills to 11500 deaths on my dt. And thats when the k/d did matter☺ now u just suck it up and go for quests, find a grp and have funn. This game is the best there is... i would play more if i could! I welcome all new players to enjoy fury as i did as a noob☺
    Crom:
    Kraamz dt pvp10
    Kramzor hox pvp10
    Quickdash guard pvp7
    Kramzz bs pvp5

Fury:
    Pressostate conq pvp5
    ++++

AFK into the unknown =/