Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: PvP Festival and PvP Daily Quests : Guide

Utogi has a point, because the pvp festival right now IS lockout content and catering those already powerful. It is giving close to nothing (except being cannonfodder that is also insulted) to a large group of other players (i can't say, if this is the majority or not on pvp servers...i guess not, because a lot of population filtering over the years. But it affects new people and returning people).

But he is only partly right about the design. For some quests it is worse than others. Some just need a tiny tweak to be great, others are really bad per design.

The great point in this festival though is, even more with daily pvp quests, that they kind of make it more likely to find pvp and they give the infrastructure (again, maybe with a few tweaks) for organized and consensual rewarding pvp. Many situations lack the fun there atm, because you only see the same big guilds and people handholding there (many of whom i at least would not want to spent my time with or could expect fair sportsmanship), but that is also a population problem.

If you look past this and imagine how it COULD be, with either more people or less ignorant/aggressive/elitists playing those events, you would see, that it is not so bad. Problem is, that these kind of social players are usually somewhere else now in numbers, with the remaining players on fury propagating a "lockout" or "domination" philosophy. You either play by their rules, their guilds, their builds etc. or you are out and get mobbed. No room for variation, test runs and a sportive environment atm.

Bottom line: The design flaws fall into the "can be solved" category. I am not so sure about the population density and the environment encouraged by design (grind, learning curve, onesided rewards, exploits etc.) over years. But if you keep the design flaws and the "reward the already strong" philosophy, these other two will certainly not get better.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 17th August 2014 at 07:29.

The open pvp quest without guards is the reason that i come back to play. I still havent seen the pvp event. Gz for these events, this help to open pvp must had been made time ago.

Farmers are now able to level pvp character 50 times faster with this event. Thanks Funcom.

Another nail drives into the coffen, 2 nails left.

Great work on killing it, pro style !

Shut the game down. It is an embarrassment to the R. E. Howard name.

Edit by Anzu: No.
    Last edited by Anzu; 20th August 2014 at 21:43.
    Fury:
    Etheecx -Necrow R5
    Ebedokles -Priest of Agrigento [threw himself into the volcano!]
    Teargarden -Sin R8
    Teagarden -Ranger R7
    Tempgarden - DeaTea R8
    Teadealer -ToS R3

Crom:
    Ethicx -Demonologist R10
    Bedtime -Guardian R5
    SponsoredHox R3 delight

*Chaotic gooD*

I did try to participate in the festival this week. It was fun , even though I use PvE equipment and do not have a dedicated pvp build.

What I did notice that it is really a winner takes it all tournament. There is no reward for runners up or participants. I am pvp level 3 and not a good pvp player. What is in it for me? Do I get any pvp progress out of it? Will I be motivated by the tiny rewards I get? If you want a lot of people to pvp you need to motivate a lot of people.

Why is there a time limit on some of the quests? Those that allready get pvp xp fast get even faster but those that get a small amount of xp gets nothing. The time limit acts as a limit to how good you need to be to get bonus xp.
    Take the kill 100 quest "Blooded". Those that are able to kill 100 in a week gets the reward , those that are not able to kill that amount gets nothing. That is really fast xp gain for those that are good , but the one that plays just a little or are bad gets nothing. Why can't those that are slow get xp at a speed that compares to what they do. If it takes someone 5 months to get those 100 kills he should get the reward too. If you know the quests will reset before they are done , why bother?

Hepp, festival grounds are for the players who want something more challenging than minigames. If you cannot compete there, either get a bigger group and a voice communication chat or just do minigames for a bit.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.

Quote Originally Posted by LunaticAsylumLA View Post
    Hepp, festival grounds are for the players who want something more challenging than minigames. If you cannot compete there, either get a bigger group and a voice communication chat or just do minigames for a bit.
    giving some reward or not resetting quest does not take away the challenge from anyone.
    More people motivated to pvp is more fun and gives greater challenge
    More people getting gear gives greater challenge.
    More people motivated is more people playing which pays for servers.

Festival is more fun than minigames in my opinion , a better place to get more people interested in pvp. A few rewards is essensial to trigger the reward portion of our brain.

I agree with Heph too, give something to everyone, make it worth their while to participate.

There is no sense in only rewarding those that win everything anyway. Sure, Winners should win more. But give people something for participating so they progress as well and at some point can be competitive too instead of just increasing the gap.

Only the winners should reap the highest rewards, and there should be a motivation for that (look at JS: everyone is hiding to get his free token). People have to be pushed to give out the best they can. You gain enough PVP XP and fun without the extra rewards (which are very high, by the way).
    Last edited by LunaticAsylumLA; 24th September 2014 at 07:39.
    • Remove daily rewards and the raid finder;
    • remove membership bonuses;
    • disable PVE XP for daily challenges;
    • remove WBs forever on Crom;
    • slow down the AA gain;
    • lower the PVP XP gain or remove the streak system;
    • remove AoE looting;
    • add the missing mobs back to Khesh., F. of the Dead, and Eigl. Mount.;
    • fix the 250+ms ping;
    • take the key away from Saddur;
    • revert T3, T3.5 (10.21.15), T4 (10.21.15), and GGG changes;
    • remove energy and add skills (like taunt) back.