Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: PvP Festival and PvP Daily Quests : Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    Splitting instances end to have one group dominating events in each instance, like strongest group get instance 1, second strongest goes dominate second instance and so on depends on amount of people playing. Thats already been and already happened in others ways, wouldnt be happy ending in same story
    That is why i think changing the design is more important than more instances. But even in your example it proves my point of more instances - more people getting tokens. Only that i predict in the more instance model you will have groups ranging from loners to a dominating group switching instances. So it will be more dynamic than the same happening in just one instance. Even in worst case, with more than one instance you will always have the danger of incoming enemies (organized even, for example the strong group that has just finished their instance event), something that can almost never happen in just one instance (too easily guarded, dominated and supervised by a powerfull group).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th March 2016 at 09:30.

I don't know about Fury, but on Crom there is barely any people at the event half of the time. Then, sometimes, there are some good fights, even with 3 or 4 groups trying to capture a FoS or in the arenas, which is a lot of fun, but it's rare.

If the event is almost empty many times, then why put more instances?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    That is why i think changing the design is more important than more instances. But even in your example it proves my point of more instances - more people getting tokens. Only that i predict in the more instance model you will have groups ranging from loners to a dominating group switching instances. So it will be more dynamic than the same happening in just one instance. Even in worst case, with more than one instance you will always have the danger of incoming enemies (organized even, for example the strong group that has just finished their instance event), something that can almost never happen in just one instance (too easily guarded, dominated and supervised by a powerfull group).
    Its shouldnt be about people getting tokens at first place, for normal pvpers fun is getting actual pvp first of all, with ur system there will be just boring grind with no actual pvp at all. As told instancing will turn event in Bori v.2.0. Now at least there we can eventually fight and have fun. If someone really that eager for leveling he can always go Bori already and dig after all, why ruin content for others which is barely working now but still does a bit.

For now for me and a lot in mine guild pvp festivals is only reason log game for once week in a month, so we can actually play, and have sometimes good fights. If pvp festivals ruined, then there will be just less pvpers logging and I doubt pvp community win from that. Now I can sometimes have good challenge on Crom fighting Ronin, Destiny, UR premades sometimes, after instancing add it will be over.
    Last edited by Sarhal; 24th March 2016 at 13:10.
    Cripples gonna cripple

Quote Originally Posted by Sarhal View Post
    You are right, this is a danger. But the reason again is the ruleset (because right now you already have this grind and boring same enemies over and over). And some events are more population forgiving per design than others, so i do not challenge that you can have fun and challenge even now. More instances MIGHT give more options and tactics, but it is not necessarily the outcome unless the system is adjusted.
    I mentioned and posted here because of the victory point issue, where digging in Bori will bring nothing in this regard. More instances are definitely one way to give more people access to victory points (which sadly are now linked mainly to biggest pvp xp advancement as well...this would not be necessary if they would be called festival points ). I agree with you, when it comes to pure pvp levels (at least Bori now holds a risk, while abusing the event holds no risk for the powerful). If you want to level up a large number of chars and friends, Bori is a good alternative. But Bori was badly designed pvpwise too...too much rewards in both event types for NOT fighting...
    I doubt that your experience with challenge on Crom or even Fury would change much with the suggested instancing. First, you would need a certain number in the first instance to even open a second or third. This would guarantee at least a similar pop as now that come just for pvp (but again, dominating the whole event will be tougher). In addition you will have loners and smaller guilds joining in, hoping to sneak in some victories in between. These actually might pvp with each other or at least team up with opposition, so i doubt even that handholding and farming will be more than it is now (still i admit that i can be wrong here, but i am sure it will do no harm to the crowd in the largest instance).

I say, it will be worth a try, but it might not work (if the system is not changed) and might not be necessary at all (if the system gets adjusted). Most likely outcome will be that you have a similar amount of people logging for the event AND the pvp, they will share one instance. Then you might get additional people who want to grind and farm...but if they are not in your instance and you have fun there, they should not concern you (especially when they are people who would never log to fight in the one shared instance). Even more, you will get "hunters" like in farmclubbing days, that will try to disrupt them and switch instances and alts just for the annoyance of it. To your credit, these might actually leech from the main instance pop, but again, not necessarily.

You can also always tweak the numbers that are required for additional instances and the time it takes to close it down when no one is in it.
    Still no need to fight about the likely outcome, when we agree about more important things that can be done first
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 24th March 2016 at 14:06.

The event is fine as it is in my opinion. It could use more people, in fact. And it's the only place where I really enjoy PvP all the time. When it ends, I'm stuck with more than half minigames where one team stomps the other, and, when you are in the losing team, these noobs who can't stick together and keep failing also start calling others noobs and insulting, which is ironic.

Don't touch the PvP event, please. If anything, I would extend it to all the 3 weeks when there is no world boss.

PvP festival is definitely amazing. But it badly needs rewards for participating rather than just for winning as has been said before.

For months now I haven't given a damn about the rewards (last time I cared was when finishing my pvp 10 on BS...) and just play whatever toon I feel like playing, for the sake of pvp itself. And that obviously includes my maxed pvp 10 toons.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Additional instances for this event is the same idea as having low level minis. The basic idea is good, but reality has long since made it impossible in terms of overall server populations.Its just too little people left, splitting the remaining ones would kill the system as a whole. And no, the influx of newbies trying out the Events after a split couldnt diminish this. Additionally it would make the already absurd alt-farming crap worse, the way it is now youll at least be able to crash those little lamer parties.. My 2ct.
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

what do you guys think about removing guildtags and cap grouping to a max of 6? And only make zerging(make raid option) available when instance is close to softcap of players.

Zerging isn't all that here when you consider the nature of events and the rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurvi View Post
    what do you guys think about removing guildtags and cap grouping to a max of 6? And only make zerging(make raid option) available when instance is close to softcap of players.

Zerging isn't all that here when you consider the nature of events and the rewards.
    although it would make the event better, i dont mind de occasional zerg from certein guilds. some guilds need numbers to make the pvp interesting.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Pimmz View Post
    although it would make the event better, i dont mind de occasional zerg from certein guilds. some guilds need numbers to make the pvp interesting.
    Going against a group that is zerging can be frustrating, but it can be fun as well. An important part of success in AoC is to constantly be seeking out alliances with others, new guild mates, and proceeding with caution when you go into conflict.

Our guild has had up to 4-5 guilds team up against just 7-8 of us in zerg pvp! It's happened a half a dozen times over the last month. I think it's hilarious to see the comments, jumping on bodies, etc that takes place during the zerg. Yet they wonder why we hunt them later and wipe their groups every chance we get.
    My tribute to the self proclaimed "best AoC guild" ever, the Anvil of Crom.

Thanks for the 5 minute siege defense you provided. It was uber!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415