Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Daily quests

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Have you checked, if you can delete the new quests at all? When i looked, it was not possible (kill quest and package).
    Even though they were in teso, they came up in the quest list in stygia for me.

Something needs to be done about gaurds and murder points. <- period
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    Something needs to be done about gaurds and murder points. <- period
    Nope.

10chars

Actually yes. But the solution might not be as hard:
    First, i would not disable the system, because murder points actually are a good measure against high level gankers and at least "some" protection.
    Second, it makes no sense that low levels get an advantage through murder points, when it comes to the pvp quests.
    Third, you already can test if people participate by checking for the quests and the package buff. Just disable murder point generation for these chars (victim and aggressor).

My 10 cents, upon reading the feedback and trying the content myself and with friends.

• Kill 10-15 players should be possible to do in group as well, and by all means, reward Group play to some extend.

• Bounty hunter quest should be achieveable with the help of a friend. Some people are just a bit too undergeared to manage this on their own. We want them to have fun with their guildmates too, right?

• These quests should be a valid progression alternative to minigames so remove cooldowns except on the Bounty hunter quest.

• Make everyone valid targets in the current daily pvp area. It is just for one day after all and lowlevel people can go elsewhere if they don't want to risk questing there during it. However, double the XP gain in the area for the day as an incentitive to risk it anyway. Making everyone valid targets would solve the murderpoint issue.

And perhaps come up with an incentitive to fight a bit further away from respads. All in all good fun but I miss that also the lesser geared/skilled guildmembers can enjoy all the pvp objectives. We as a guild would like to help them achieve their goals, but the solo requirement on the Kill and Bounty quests prevents it. Please fix that!

Actually yes. But the solution might not be as hard:
    First, i would not disable the system, because murder points actually are a good measure against high level gankers and at least "some" protection.
    Second, it makes no sense that low levels get an advantage through murder points, when it comes to the pvp quests.
    Third, you already can test if people participate by checking for the quests and the package buff. Just disable murder point generation for these chars (victim and aggressor).
    The fight isn't limited to the quests. Each time i've been in Wild Lands i accomplished the quests fairly rapidly and stayed around long after to fight. Makes no sense to disable murder points only for people having the quests.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Why?
    I personally see no problem to get NO murder points. That is just an additional strategic element for me. Been doing fine on aoe classes there as well. As single player you only get them if you choose to attack a lowbie or hit someone with aoe that gets killed later. Or you fight near guards. Of these, the only good point is the second, if it was collateral. Here comes strategy and awareness into play. And these are a lot rarer and harder to gain, unless lowbies go for you deliberately. But i have not seen this much during the past days either...and it can be dealt with too.
    If a lowbie attacks you and you kill him, afaik you get no murder points. Maybe this changed?

But...
    i know it can be different in a group. So maybe change how murder points work or are gained or stay not only for those with the quests, but also for groups.
    Totally disabling murder points is a gankers wet dream as long as people like to block content. So a "no go", unless there is some alterntive consequence system.

Also a lot of these "problems" would be gone, if the fighting would not be near "gates" or "guards" only...especially the hunting part of the event sounds wasted, if you can expect all players to fight at the same spot anywhere or if the pickup delivery is always at the same place.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 17th May 2014 at 10:37.

Why?
    I personally see no problem to get NO murder points. That is just an additional strategic element for me. Been doing fine on aoe classes there as well. As single player you only get them if you choose to attack a lowbie or hit someone with aoe that gets killed later. Or you fight near guards. Of these, the only good point is the second, if it was collateral. Here comes strategy and awareness into play. And these are a lot rarer and harder to gain, unless lowbies go for you deliberately. But i have not seen this much during the past days either...and it can be dealt with too.
    If a lowbie attacks you and you kill him, afaik you get no murder points. Maybe this changed?
    You must be kidding or not participating in the events at all. If the lowbies are guildies or group members they ruin the pvp completely for the opponents. And there's nothing tactical about it in any case, if the lowbies know what they are doing they will run in a cluster of aoe and die and there's NOTHING the 80s can do about it.

Obviously when playing solo it's less of an issue but the whole fun here is to have several groups fighting and the trolling lowbies ruin it (and the guards).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with temporarily disabling murder points in a specific zone. Especially since the zone will be different every day.

You speak like someone who has really no idea what's going on there.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

No kidding. Unless there are hordes of lowbies (player search...and so far it is in a low level zone after all). There are countermeasures. I played both lowbies and 80s during the events and /or other murder point problematic content like world bosses (before the buff) or old guild vs guild pvp Tesso battles on Aquilonia and Fury. Awareness and adaption. This i meant with tactical...
    I admit you have to gimp yourself at times and it definitely play differently. This might not be everyones thing...but what you hate others might find intriguing.

First, you are not forced to fight right outside the gates (or near guards). Already people are realizing this and spread out more, especially when they want "group vs group".
    Second, only a few classes have to relate on aoe (though i admit, this can be the most annoying part, especially when the lowbies are allied with an enemy group).
    Third, it seems now hiding people are no longer affected by aoe, so you can assume whoever comes to ruin your fun has to become visible.
    Fourth, if you are already in a group...you can delegate one or more to watch out and guard (for example, if you go group vs group, guild vs guild etc. you should be able to easily get your own lowbie guards/interceptors). But if you are in an 80 zerg, you kind of deserve this way of revenge.
    And it is supposed to be open. Not limited to group vs group. You have more than two parties. This counts "trolls" in and solo players. That is the charm of open pvp compared to the arenas and minigames.
    The rest not falling under these conditions (and i do not deny your observations) i would not consider gamebreaking. So, tactical element.

Also i already suggested working suggestions to limit the "annoyance" of such "trolls". Just removing murder point generation is not a working solution. Some short timed buff (a bit like world bosses), depending on group size, activity and maybe history might be though. So any lowbie knowingly entering a larger scale battle does this at own risk. Similar you can tag those killed as colleterals and if they run right back, they do not count as "murdered" as well.
    Another thing might be to make the reduction of "earned" points easier, if they are earned in the zone and during the day of quest rotation.

There is actually a lot of ground and measures that could be discussed seriously and tested out...not just label others as "having no clue" or "not doing that content".

Some more controlled "open" pvp like arenas or deathmatch zones might suit your expectations more, from what i read in and between the lines. Maybe the festival part or the quests in a higher zone through the rotation will work better under this aspect too.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 19th May 2014 at 12:36.

I have no clue what Kurt is trying to say. If lowbies die more than a few times it's done intentionally, either by those who want to become murderers or the lowbie is forcing the issue by dying on purpose and running into aoe. 95% of players won't kill a lowbie more than 2x, most don't want to be murderers.

Awareness, tactical level, just lol. It's simply a cheap way to use guards against a group(s) of players who are winning. It's completely stupid and the opposite of pvp, since the guards are doing 80% or more of the actual killing. The only benefit is that SOMETIMES you gain credit from a kill the guard does...which is completely stupid.

Also, because guards are now green npcs, the system now favors to guard huggers even more than it did before. Instead of avoiding the guard(s), you can free attack any criminal, aggressor, or murderer and not fear any guards unless you hit an innocent.

The whole criminal system is stupid and discourages actual pvp. The pvp quests posters should have been moved just slightly out of teso, that way people would still have a guard or 2 within range at the quest giver without having to deal with 6+ guards because people won't leave teso or force murder points.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast