Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Daily quests

Quote Originally Posted by Sifie View Post
    I agree that something could be done here. Let me suggest this.

Let it remain about killing players and not just damage. However, make it so that kills achieved in a group internally counts as eg. 1/4 kill. So killing 4 people while grouped will make everyones quest advance by one kill. Someone could then have 3.75 kills, displayed as just 3 kills. but upon killing one more with the group it would count as 4.
    That sounds pretty reasonable, if FC can do this I say why not. Anything to encourage people grouping up and playing together
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    That sounds pretty reasonable, if FC can do this I say why not. Anything to encourage people grouping up and playing together
    Well we were talking about it with Ainja and i argued that killing players as a groupe isn't necessarily easier than killing them solo. For example, if you're fighting a big groupe while being a small groupe. That systeme works well for the big groupe but the smaller one is hindered. And it might encourage people towards solo gank play to complete the quest more easily but provide less action than if they grouped up and tried to fight frontaly.

I think it should be thought out carefully so it's a bit longer/harder to achieve this quest alone. Because playing alone in open-world doesn't provide much animation. People should almost have to play in groupes !
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Problem is how kills are calculated still. For underpowered people the only way to get the quest done now is to simply focus the same player over and over like a lemming and hope someone else kills them and they dealt enough damage. The pvp system now is such, that some players are simply not killable by single other players.

The grouping idea might help a bit, but what when it is the "usual" unbalanced groups with pugs and solists? Should the lesser powered just log (with alternative to get farmed without any kind of reward, unless they find that "fun") or be encited in some way to stay and fight against the odds?

Funcom has always had a history of creating poor mechanical systems (bori, sieges, random minis, murder system, etc.) while still maintaining a very strong (if not best) core combat system. The daily quest follows in these footsteps unfortunately.

The biggest problem with the daily quest is the bounty one's and "kill x amount of players." They don't reward group play and makes it difficult for non-dps speced classes to complete these quest in a timely matter.

At its core whether you agree or disagree AOC has always been about group pvp and so it stands that the game should promote teamwork and competitive play. The way those two quest are set up, it undermines crucial members of the team that go full "support."

The timers should be removed on all, but the bounty quest so more casual players can actually complete these quest and get some progression out of it. In addition the "kill x amount of players" quest should update everyone in the group. To balance the speed at which certain groups can get the quest completed it should increase the amount of player kills needed. That way it will further cement the need to team up to do it.

The second problem is that their isn't enough of an incentive to fight outside of the immediate rez pad. I'm still holding out on a final opinion though as the patch has just been released.

Overall, like every other pvp related piece of content Funcom has released. It has great potential, but a very good chance of it never being fully realized.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Well we were talking about it with Ainja and i argued that killing players as a groupe isn't necessarily easier than killing them solo. For example, if you're fighting a big groupe while being a small groupe. That systeme works well for the big groupe but the smaller one is hindered. And it might encourage people towards solo gank play to complete the quest more easily but provide less action than if they grouped up and tried to fight frontaly.

I think it should be thought out carefully so it's a bit longer/harder to achieve this quest alone. Because playing alone in open-world doesn't provide much animation. People should almost have to play in groupes !
    Yea I guess it's not that simple when you think about it. I don't think the current system is terribly bad since open world is not like premade minis and you can always find ways of getting your kills. But it could definitely be better. Making group kills count and increasing the number of kills needed is an option, I suppose.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

The kill x amount of people quests are good. You kill people and get rewarded for it. The pict and bounty quests, unless they are in your vision when you pick up the quest or you are a ranger, are difficult to find. They require more wok and less pvp, so not so rewarding. Maybe find some way to point them out for faster pvp action? I mean I can go searching the whole map for a possibility of pvp, which I will probably not find, or jump into the ongoing chaos.

I am looking forward to the festival quests.

Also, teso was chaos the whole time I was on, in and out of the city. It will be nice to see the pvp choas rotating in different areas everyday!

Giggity!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    The grouping idea might help a bit, but what when it is the "usual" unbalanced groups with pugs and solists? Should the lesser powered just log (with alternative to get farmed without any kind of reward, unless they find that "fun") or be encited in some way to stay and fight against the odds?
    In open-world there's almost always a way i find. Especially when there's more than two groupes. If your groupe can't attack "normally" a bigger groupe. You can still either rush into the fight when big groupes fight each other and try to kill people and wisely chosing your targets to maybe end up the last ones standing !
    It's the reality of PvP depending of your numbers and skill you can't fight in the same manner. But you can always still fight and not just get ganked. But you'll have to change your objectives since 'winning' is sometimes not possible. Doesn't mean you can't fight ! (And completing the kill quest shouldn't be an issue imo).

Quote Originally Posted by kiebler View Post
    Funcom has always had a history of creating poor mechanical systems (bori, sieges, random minis, murder system, etc.) while still maintaining a very strong (if not best) core combat system. The daily quest follows in these footsteps unfortunately.

The biggest problem with the daily quest is the bounty one's and "kill x amount of players." They don't reward group play and makes it difficult for non-dps speced classes to complete these quest in a timely matter.

At its core whether you agree or disagree AOC has always been about group pvp and so it stands that the game should promote teamwork and competitive play. The way those two quest are set up, it undermines crucial members of the team that go full "support."

The timers should be removed on all, but the bounty quest so more casual players can actually complete these quest and get some progression out of it. In addition the "kill x amount of players" quest should update everyone in the group. To balance the speed at which certain groups can get the quest completed it should increase the amount of player kills needed. That way it will further cement the need to team up to do it.

The second problem is that their isn't enough of an incentive to fight outside of the immediate rez pad. I'm still holding out on a final opinion though as the patch has just been released.

Overall, like every other pvp related piece of content Funcom has released. It has great potential, but a very good chance of it never being fully realized.
    I wouldn't go at Funcom too hard. They chose the toughest PvP path possible when they decided to make it a FFA environement and not a faction systeme like in almost every game there is. It's great it's like that, but it also means it's much harder to manage since players have a much bigger role to play.

Take rezpad, on my initial Rp-PvP server, fighting near the rezpad was frowned upon, even in minigames, so the dominating side would rapidly fall back once they got pulled too close to it chasing runners. And the dominated side would respond by not lingering there.
    In march 2011, the servers got merged and on Fury, jumping on the rezpad exploiting fears or retributive damage shields to get people vulnerable to attacks was normal.

Exact same ruleset, completely diffrent way of playing. When there aren't many rules you can decide to make your own, or decide to that no rules mean you can do whatever you like. Hard to blame Funcom for that.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    In open-world there's almost always a way i find. Especially when there's more than two groupes. If your groupe can't attack "normally" a bigger groupe. You can still either rush into the fight when big groupes fight each other and try to kill people and wisely chosing your targets to maybe end up the last ones standing !
    That is true, therefore i referred to how kills are gained. Unless you focus the same person over and over, you will not get the kill for the quest, even if you deal good damage or the final blow. The blood point idea would take care of this.
    All this would also be easier in practice, if fights were not inside the town, but outside...guards currently steal a lot of "kills", too.

I did not manage to kill 10 people before I logged off yesterday. Then the quest timed out and went on cooldown. If you let that happen you will not be able to do the quest that evening. So because I was killing slow one night I missed the quest 2 evenings. The long lockout thing do not work with quest with long mission timers.

Requiring us to delet all quest when logging out is silly

Have you checked, if you can delete the new quests at all? When i looked, it was not possible (kill quest and package).

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast