Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Daily quests

Default Feedback: Daily quests

Some early feed back on the PvP quests.

So far i've enjoyed the mechanics of them though something clearer would be cool.

Quest description: If it was possible to have the name of your bounty targets and the zone of the battle in the quest message rather than only via onscreen messages it would be easier to get it. There's too few onscreen messages you need to see, in PvP it hinders your sight so i know many don't play with them and in the chat it's easy to get it spammed by stuff like
    « [18:44] Target is not a character
    [18:44] Target is too close
    [18:44] You are unable to perform this action.
    [18:44] The ability you selected is not available at the moment. »

Non-stop repeatable quest : Instead of being able to only do them twice. Let it be much more but also much less reawarding (if at all) if you do it more than twice. It's just rather nice to have simplistic objectives you can achieve and see the progression of it while having fun. For those only enjoying to play one character in PvP it would cool.

Kill 10 player quest : It might be a good idea to raise the number of kill needed and make it update with groupe kills instead of solo kills only. Right now in groupe vs groupe situation it's true that it gives a great advantage to certain classes.

Add a guild incentive: I have nothing clear in mind. But something just for vanity. Like a ranking with various entries such as:
    The guild who has completed the most of quest1, quest2, quest3, etc.
    The guild that got killed the most in the area of the event.
    The guild who had the most player participating in these events.
    If something along those line was possible it would be awesome.

Murder Points: Fix this issue since lowbies are exploiting this systeme. Giving loads of murder points on purpose to everyone.

On Fury the fight was pretty fun. Lots of diffrent groupes all over the place with one more numerous and/or organized dominating before being ganked and leaving the dominating title to someone else. I didn't have any trouble achieving the quests since there where enough option to get the kills depending on the situation. When we couldn't attack straight the bigger groupes we could kill smaller ones on the side, or the players trying to bring picts stuff or the harass the bigger groupe with guerilla style pvp. Or last option achieving the bounty hunting quests.
    Had to leave but people in my groupe continued fighting.

With a few tweaks this could be really awesome on the long run. But i'd say it's a 50/50% chance of it succeeding. Basicly it all falls down to wheather players will be capable of starting to play in guilds again or if they'll stick to solo playing a PvPing PuG like just grouping randoms.
    Because the intresting factor in open-world PvP is the imbalance and the environement. It's not fair, it's rough and you need to be smart to deal with bigger groupes or better players. Try achieving that with PuGs where each player has their own agenda...
    Having those quests allows you to have something to achieve nevermind the odds. It can be easy if you're dominating. It's much more engaging if you're not but still... all these quests are doable even if you're on the losing side outnumber, and that's great. Now i think it all falls down to wheather players have the balls and the stubborness required to fight in open world. Or if only people idolizing 'fair fights' with extensive rules are left on this game !
    Last edited by Chaman-bourru; 16th May 2014 at 09:18.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

I would suggest to set max players i group to 3 players and disable raids to prevent zerging.

For the package delivery quest I think that the delivery spot was too close to quest giver, it should have been as far away as possible, and also disable mounts to go back to the questgiver. Just disable use of mounts at all on the map where the quest is.
    Last edited by Andistoteles; 15th May 2014 at 18:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    I would suggest to set max players i group to 3 players and disable raids to prevent zerging.
    I strongly disagree with that. Open-World PvP is about the unbalance. And like i said i do believe all the quests are doable even with a zerg in front by either ignoring the zerg and fighting the smaller groupes slightly elsewhere or harassing the zerg guerilla style.

People need to stop playing solo and get back to play with friends and guildies. Without guild rivaleries this will end up in semi-pug content. There's currently no big guild trusting all the geared and skilled pvp players so zerging shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Andistoteles View Post
    For the package delivery quest I think that the delivery spot was too close to quest giver, it should have been as far away as possible, and also disable mounts to go back to the questgiver. Just disable use of mounts at all on the map where the quest is.
    I agree with you to some extend. But i think that if the area you deliver the package too is too far it might be more tedious to achieve without necessairly bringing more PvP. Disabling the mounts i disagree. The point is to have a hinderance so players can eventually catch up with you. If you cant use mounts at all the purpose of it all is kind of lost.
    Last edited by Chaman-bourru; 15th May 2014 at 18:30.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

The quest delivery spot should be randomized as there should be some additional reward apart from things you can get faster elsewhere (at 80). On low level you can now easily farm AA xp, because you rarely will get attacked...(saying the rewards do not scale).

I don't like how they based it on kills and their argueable system on how "kills" are calculated. Why not simply base it on damage and reward "points" as soon as the damaged player is killed?

For example the quest could be "help in killing 10 people and gather 10000 blood points". To help it could be enough to deal damage to someone who later dies in the zone (not by guards). The blood points would only be awarded then and dependand on damage. This way participation would be rewarded and not only being on the strong side. Good and focused players would get the rewards faster, while weaker players would not be driven away and could finish the content sooner or later, too.

I like the opening of white sands, but funcom really should not stop with this patch and even they said otherwise, do something about a consequence system. Especially if they keep the kill mechanics. Nothing good can come out of this, if a powerfull char is an as rewarding "kill" as a weak one, while at the same time being exponentially stronger. I do not wish to limit options, they should just be treated differently.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 15th May 2014 at 18:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    I don't like how they based it on kills and their argueable system on how "kills" are calculated. Why not simply base it on damage and reward "points" as soon as the damaged player is killed?

For example the quest could be "help in killing 10 people and gather 10000 blood points". To help it could be enough to deal damage to someone who later dies in the zone (not by guards). The blood points would only be awarded then and dependand on damage. This way participation would be rewarded and not only being on the strong side. Good and focused players would get the rewards faster, while weaker players would not be driven away and could finish the content sooner or later, too.
    I agree with you, something needs to be change on this kill quest. However making it damage base only isn't really satisfying in my opinion. Dealing damage is rather easy. For example, a necro can put dots on BS, go SW and inflict 10K damage over time to the bs who will heal himself and never go under 85%.
    But if you play in a groupe, even strongly out numbered it's fairly easy to get at least one kill. If the kill was rewarded to the groupe instead of just the player it would be better i believe.

Killing must still be a key factor. Getting someone down isn't enough. When a player gets low he'll start running and finishing him can be tricky even though only a few % are left.
    Just make the kill groupe wide to reflect the team play needed in numerous occasion to kill someone.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

i had some trouble getting the dilivery quest done, i could click the wagon. did i miss something?

aswell as the quest with pictish suspects, it updated ones, yet i made about 50 kills.

Well you need to pick up the package to be able to click the wagon.
    And to kill the suspects you need to kill ones carrying the package. There's a buff above their health barre. Kill those and the quest updates.

Last thing i'll like to report. Bloody murder points. In Tesso we've had issues with players logging lowbies and getting on purpose in the way to give everyone murder points.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    I agree with you, something needs to be change on this kill quest. However making it damage base only isn't really satisfying in my opinion. Dealing damage is rather easy. For example, a necro can put dots on BS, go SW and inflict 10K damage over time to the bs who will heal himself and never go under 85%.
    But if you play in a groupe, even strongly out numbered it's fairly easy to get at least one kill. If the kill was rewarded to the groupe instead of just the player it would be better i believe.

Killing must still be a key factor. Getting someone down isn't enough. When a player gets low he'll start running and finishing him can be tricky even though only a few % are left.
    Just make the kill groupe wide to reflect the team play needed in numerous occasion to kill someone.
    Can't see a problem there, if you allow all in the group the "helped with kill" tag and give blood points according to power of kill and strength of group, then divide by people in group.

"* Special Delivery : deliver 3 packages across the playfield without being killed, teleporting, mounting or hiding. Rewards 112,500 Mastery XP (due to this quest being possible to avoid PvP, rewards are kept to useful PvE ones)."

I am not going to bother with a quest with that reward , but maybe someone else find it attractive.

I am not good at pvp and do not have pvp gear. I Find that it takes me a long time to get 10 kills. I would like to split it on several gaming sessions.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chaman-bourru View Post
    Kill 10 player quest : It might be a good idea to raise the number of kill needed and make it update with groupe kills instead of solo kills only. Right now in groupe vs groupe situation it's true that it gives a great advantage to certain classes.
    I agree that something could be done here. Let me suggest this.

Let it remain about killing players and not just damage. However, make it so that kills achieved in a group internally counts as eg. 1/4 kill. So killing 4 people while grouped will make everyones quest advance by one kill. Someone could then have 3.75 kills, displayed as just 3 kills. but upon killing one more with the group it would count as 4.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast