Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: open world pvp quests for crom or remove all high tier raids from fury

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    About all this crap: PAYING CUSTOMERS should be able to play the whole game including every single bit of pve and pvp. Any other solution is bad.
    I've don't have followed the whole debate, but isn't the quests will be ran on Crom too, but just in CE during event ?
    It's not like they are exclusive on Fury, but just limited time on Crom to concentrate population and avoid Bori fiasco with dead hours/farming process enabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I've don't have followed the whole debate, but isn't the quests will be ran on Crom too, but just in CE during event ?
    It's not like they are exclusive on Fury, but just limited time on Crom to concentrate population and avoid Bori fiasco with dead hours/farming process enabled.
    PvP has so little variety in AoC that limitation of any new PvP content on PvE servers is a punishment imo.
    Introducing T5 raids only on PvE servers would be completely different thing (just to avoid another PvP qq) but talking about T5 is futuristic atm. ^^
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse-Ithaque View Post
    Would you mean that you expect a lot of fightclub on Fury ?
    Why should you find more on Crom ?

As previously said, PVE and PVP are the 2 faces of the same coin/game, I pay for. As many other customer, I want to enjoy both.
    I only move my character from fury to Crom because of population issue (and I dont regret my choice).
    It was a provocative way of saying it's a bad idea to put PvP quest in an area where there's absolutely nothing to do when there's no one around. In CE, Kheshatta, Khitai or Even lowbie zones you'll always have a few people doing something. In the case of other border kingdoms there's no one.
    So on Fury you can paint your face in red, stick a thigh bone in your nose and gank, or wear your shiny white armor and protect the ganked. The daily basis of the quests make sens because people evolve on a daily basis in open-world pvp enabled zones. CE is okayish because people go there often enough.

These events are clearly open-world oriented. And that's what makes a diffrence between Fury and Crom. Fury is for people who enjoy the adventure open-world represents. Crom is for a more Vanilla experience.

As i see these events on Fury it is meant to be the backbone of the server. Instead of minis, instead of raids on 6mans open-world as a main activity. Like it use to be on PVP servers before the gear race started basicly. Crom already has a backbone. You'll still be able to take part in these events, just not on a daily basis. I for one sincerly hope these quests are enabled for lowbies, it would make leveling up so much better.

They mentioned somewhere that the other 2 areas has some issues. Yes, they could still copy/paste CE.
    Well the most obvious issue is the lack of rezpads. But that could be fixed easily i assume. If i remember correctly, last time i had some PvP there (Aquilonian End a couple of years ago though) there was like in CE before FPS drop spots. In CE it was a diagonal 5m wide strip from north east to south west. And in Kush Border areas where you can get stuck or end up inside walls.

PvP has so little variety in AoC that limitation of any new PvP content on PvE servers is a punishment imo.
    I find it to be simply a question of intrests in the game. On Crom PvP is a side thing. Something you do when your not raiding. And you do it only in Minis. On Fury Open-World pvp should be the bulk of activity. That's pretty much what all of the old farts still on the server signed up for in the first place. On Crom it could only be limited because open-world doesn't exist. For those who played on PvP servers during the first years of the game we PvPed all other the world. I can't think of any zone where i don't have the memory of an epic battle that took place there.

I'm not really playing anymore so all in all i don't care what happens. But it would be a shame to limit awesome PvP quests to three zones and limit the awesome side effects they could have on a fully open-world server.
    Last edited by Chaman-bourru; 15th May 2014 at 12:14.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Imo this whole PvE vs PvP players debate will finally lead us nowhere. Populations on both servers ain't great anymore, I bet if FC had any idea how to integrate Fury's ruleset into Crom with least possible effort they would have already merged them.

This PvP-Festival should imo be seen as the last effort to avoid the inevitable further merge of servers.
    After that FC will most likely measure the populations on both servers and try to rule out if -or rather when- a last merge will be done.

Yet all a lot of us do here is trying to convince the other camp of them having less voice-power in this matter, which is just plain nonsense.
    Each aspect of the game, PVE, PVP and also RP are to have their solid places in this game and just because you might not use it there's no reason to frown about it if there's some love given to one of those three.

I think the sole reason for FC to chose Fury in this matter is the fact that they would have a lot more playfields to chose from for letting the quests take place while Crom would minimize that to a single instance - Cimmerian End. Since the outcry from crom-based players seems pretty big I think FC would find a way to implement it there, too but not right from the start. As I said, I deem this to be a try to consolidate Fury's playerbase one last time.

Maybe the correct way of implementing this finally would be to open up another of instance for every playfield, which would be 'PvP enabled' in addition to 'normal'. Not sure if everyone would agree but i think PvP enabled might just replace 'epic' cause noone uses that anyways - correct me if I'm wrong.
    After that they could merge both and everyone would hopefully be happy, no?
    The Noob Comic, best parody on MMO-gaming ever. Funcom featured @Page 318
    Gone with the blastwave For those special post-nuclear moments...
    Apprentice Shield of the Risen opener

Quote Originally Posted by Rohaus View Post
    Just for clarification... You say focused weeks on all servers... The open world PvP quests will be always running on Fury correct? Just each week will be a different location or every month?

Oh and could you maybe comment on the request for free transfers from Crom to Fury only please?

Thank you!
    This should help a bit

http://forums-tl.ageofconan.com/show...3&postcount=51
    ॐ ॐ ॐ

I feel bad about feeling good about that~

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    I have't tried,i am not really for or against it yet but here is 1 thing that is really annoying at 1st glance :What if you want but can't play due to work or whatever on "festival week".Someone could argue it's the same for WB week but at least that goes for both servers while i 'll admit it's not as farm-able on fury but farming it to death was never the point either.

Leaving aside the argument you are blocking players on pve servers out of content that they did not choose to be blocked from(they only chose they don;t want open world-gank me while i talk to npc-pvp),i think this solution to keep "more pvp content on pvp servers" was badly thought through.Will be funny to see char transfers to fury to farm new pvp stuff and then back to crom for t5 pve stuff on 2050.Breathing life into servers this way is just eating our own fingers :P.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shink- View Post
    t5 pve stuff on 2050
    Rest of the post was random speculation, but this part was funny!

Not allowing open world pvp in quest areas on a pve server was a good choice by funcom.
    But this does not have to mean that they don't take this as a test to see, how the content is viewed from the pve server population AND how they could implement it as permanent feature on a pve server as well.
    If you followed the discussion, there have been very good working solutions made...from moving it to already pvp enabled zones over extra zones to more complicated tech handling of letting people choose if they want to enter a pve or pvp enabled zone.

So, i would not see it all black, when the content proves successfull and fun...then they might add it sooner or later to a pve server too. Bori for example has been a long time popular on pure pve servers, while being rather empty on the pvp servers, for a reason too. So it is good, they avoid "strategic" char transfers and try to strengthen the fury population, while (hopefully) looking for a way to get that content to crom too.

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    Rest of the post was random speculation, but this part was funny!
    What part was speculation?Atm i can do new stuff on my fury char but i cannot on my crom chars .Oh and when its festival time i ll probably be working a lot .Anyway i am not that much into pvp to be really annoyed atm but i do see problems with the current system.

@Kurt ,well a lot of good suggestions over time have been made on various stuff ,very few has been implemented or even looked at and while i am not seeing it all black i am at least tired of beta testing for funcom after 5 years.I do love the game and the people i play with which is why i am still here but this was badly thought out ,truly.

any info what happened with class tweaks, which was supposed to come along 4.2?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast