Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: petition: add the world boss epics in to t1-t2-t3

Well, they could add social/vanity sets and pets to gilding vendor, buyable with new raid/gilding tokens. Adding WB accessories and/or weapons to T2 end bosses as rare drop is good idea too, it will make old boring raids more attractive. FC should add a few changes to world bosses too hitting boss once and then afking on rezz pad waiting for loot/instance change is simply wrong.
    Increase chances of getting the purple box for those that contributed most to the kill (most damage dealt/taken/most healing/most time in combat), add range so that player must be reasonably close to the boss when it dies to get reward etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Naerri View Post
    I wouldn't mind if these quests were bought back to enrich the raid experience, but forcing 2008 veterans to go throught low tier raids is just plain wrong.

Those accessories are mostly quite crap so yes I am all for adding those as drops from T1 or T2 bosses.
    As far as I know, all these quests are still in the game. The only thing they removed is the attunement, i.e. you can enter T2 and T3 withhout having done previous raid tiers. But if I'm not mistaken, you still need to go through the entire quest chain to get the cloak for killing TA.

I agree that, in the current state of the game, attunement is a silly idea, as (i) there is no point forcing a community of vets to repeat the entire quest chain on each alt, and (ii) the game isn't exactly newcomer-friendly as it is (due to the AA and gear gap); requiring attunement would further reinforce the barriers which newcomers have to overcome to hook up with the vet community.

That said, there is nothing wrong with providing additional incentives to complete old raids, for example by adding some of the WB items as quest rewards.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post

2) Funcom seriously need to reduce the radius in which people need to be in order to received the lootbox when the WB die. Currently there's ton of people hitting the boss and leaving midfight to camp at the rezpad waiting for the loot. Screw them. Make it so you need to be close to the boss when it dies to receive the loot. Sure, some people will sometime die right before the end, release and be a bit frustrated because they rezzed to far away and don'thave loot but hey, **** happens. It's not like you had to wait long to try again anyway.
    People die a lot on fury and there is around 2 hours between each boss kill.... That is an entire gaming session.

1)adding t3.5 budget rings-weapons to t1,t2 will only help the people that need them the least. meaning all the t4 overgeared toons lusting for the last frigging item will 6-10man the said raids till they bleed.YEYYYY finally some excitement
    2)i fail to see how a good item that ends in the lap of a random guy in a random casual guild is bad.actually it may be of greater importance compared to an overgeared toon.
    3)Mother luck laughs at the various shaped-taking themself seriously-DKP systems.
    4)Funcom have clearly chosen to add loot-incentives to smaller guild forces(for example by strenghtening the loot in unchained quests) , i hope they continue to do so
    5)leave the World bosses at ease...they have endured a severe beating as it is...well i suggest only slightly increasing the epic box rate and adding t1,t2 gear only to the epic box loot table
    Last edited by sardanapal; 12th May 2014 at 14:01.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    1)adding t3.5 budget rings to t1,t2 will only help the people that need them the least. meaning all the t4 overgeared toons lusting for the last frigging item will 6-10man the said raids till they bleed.YEYYYY finally some excitement
    2)i fail to see how a good item that ends in the lap of a random guy in a random casual guild is bad.actually it may be of greater importance compared to an overgeared toon.
    3)Mother luck laughs at the various shaped-taking themself seriously-DKP systems.
    4)Funcom have clearly chosen to add loot-incentives to smaller guild forces(for example by strenghtening the loot in unchained quests) , i hope they continue to do so
    5)leave the World bosses at ease...they have endured a severe beating as it is...well i suggest only slightly increasing the epic box rate and adding t1,t2 gear only to the epic box loot table
    adding protection shield, protection polearm, protection 2handed sword, will help new players who rightfully clear proper bosses will increase performance for new playerrs when venturing to t3 and above.

in world bosses the abismal drop rate is way to low to items to be obtainable.

also given how crappy the bosses are they surely shouldnt drop such quality items at all.

ps: unchained quests are uter trash to be trolled every single time with potions is fail not even worth completing the quests.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I've only killed the grim grey god once in the past 3 years for nostalgic sake, I never "have" to kill Levi anymore. This game sucks ever since they took out the attunement and is now a sandbox of pve loot whoring and not learning to play your class. How many times so u go to t3 or t4 and a fight SHOULD be easy but the same ppl over and over every time keep dying cause they didn't progress properly and don't know what agro is.

Given the nature of oht greediness and how addicting these carrot in front of your nose games are, implementing attunement again will just force ppl who don't want to progress to be farming the wb even more. U can't fix stupid not even with a good patch. There attunement shouldn't have anything to so with the world boss loots, and making it so u can't farm it will just make it impossible for ppl who actually want to the legendary cloak to get a boss kill.

In rift the strength and health of the wb scales to the amount of ppl there, if u restrict farming then this needs to be done. In aion wb were semi rare appearances and wasn't running on a schedule. If I didn't play the game u missed out. Aoc is taking steps in the right direction but doing it wrong
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 12th May 2014 at 14:17.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post
    Disagree. You can get loot better than t2 just from playing solo in Khitai, also neglecting the learning curve. There's no reason to remove t1/t2 drops from wb.
    I think it depends on the class, but that's a fair point.

People die a lot on fury and there is around 2 hours between each boss kill.... That is an entire gaming session.
    Good point also. I admit I didn't think about fury. But still, the rezpad camper on crom are a shame and we should find something about it.

Funcom removed all those attunement quests 3 years ago or so, ruining the quest line.
    That's pretty sad (also, I realize I wrote Arbanus' hand instead of Leviathus Hand, but nevermind).

I wouldn't mind if these quests were bought back to enrich the raid experience, but forcing 2008 veterans to go throught low tier raids is just plain wrong.
    Well, I can understand that can be seen as a "chore", but it's only like 2 raids (Vistrix and W3), it's not that bad to do. Still, this is a fair concern.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

The progression and learning curve is messed up. Too much scripted fights that bypass basic game principles around as well. How do you expect people to learn the class, when the new encounters are not about them, but about how a lab rat solves the pregenerated puzzles by the devs?
    Of course you still have the occasional fun fight where it can still be different and various paths leading to victory. Personally i prefer those over lab rat puzzles (do this or that at the right place and time to progress, if not you loose) anytime. Imo, "correct" behaviour should make a fight easier, but should never be the only way to victory. Otherwise you get fights that have a high initial threshold difficulty , wipe factor or even fun factor that become very easy, repetive and stale after a few times.
    People even put (aa, xp, gear needed!) now with simple 6-ppl dungeons, believing even seriously that a blue 80s geared tank can not tank the bosses, just because they wiped one or two times
    That is what you get when you make things gear dependant and put such pressure on tanks.

I see no disadvantage at all to add some worldboss gear to various other stations ingame or vendors as well. If not now, then at least after one year, when the content will be most likely rarely played or grindable (at least on a pvp server). This applies to vanity gear, pets and of course the power items. I really like the vendor idea. And it really is weird, that you can win such stuff through a lottery, but can still grind raid after raid for years and still not buy a decent t1-2 weapon with earned tokens...
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 12th May 2014 at 14:30.

C'mon, there's really people thinking that thoses quests were fulfilling any role except just pure annoyance ?
    Funcom was right about removing them. It is called improvement.

Removing the quests lead, imho, to one thing:

Raid leaders having to deal with people who stand at the Entity without any protection gear whatsoever*, do not even have the fr1ckin Vistrix quest cloak, and seriously expecting the raid leader to explain them how to do their destiny quest line.

P1sses me off. *storm clouds*

My opinion: Re-instate attunement quests and add one to T4, e. g. having done Conan's Toth Amon kill quest.

*Yes, yes, some ub0rc00l player may now boast that he doesn't need any protection gear at that fight and all, people should l2p and so on. Nice for you. But that's not the crowd having a problem here.
    Make Hyboria raid again!

Khaletoheps AoC-Youtube-Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Khaletohep

Guides zu Klassen & allen HM-Solo-Inis:
    http://www.nachtwind-gilde.com/guide...-age-of-conan/

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast