Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New Crafting System ::still not here::

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Crafting revamp will bring very few players back.

T5 raids/Pvp content will bring lots of players back.
    No. That's just wishful thinking.

Bottom line is it would have to be some really HUGE thing that would turn the tide of this slow and sad demise of the game we see now. And we all know there is no such thing and/or miracle on the horizon.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    I'm tired to hear that t5 is for only a marginal player base. At this point if a guild with 24 premium memebers with a lvl 80 char is not farming the 3 first bosses of t4 at least is because they don't want to. There are several pugs happening every week that kill this 3 bosses and MC+entity without problem. I don't think you can find a player who has never been into a t4 raid.

So T5 is totally imperative. People is leaving the game because are bored to do t4 over and over. Crafting.. well it seams interesting in theory but... I think is going to be like t3.5, unchained dungeons or dragon's spine dungeons. Peolpe are lazy and their want to gear their chars as soon as possible with the best gear possible. If the crafted gear is worst than t4 gear most of people won't waste their time on it.

The thing that will close the gear gap the quickest way would be to add new dragonspine dungeons with a loot table marginable to T4 or pvp T3. Though the crafting revamp would be useful throughout all levels "people want their gear as fast as they can".

Quote Originally Posted by Slith View Post
    I took a sneak peak at it and it's....well, ...oh never mind. You will see.

Where?
    When?
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Crafting revamp will bring very few players back.

T5 raids/Pvp content will bring lots of players back.
    I don´t believe the false prohets! Here are mine:
    Crafting players will stay longer
    T5-Comeback-Players will leave again short after being fully equiped, QQing about lack of content again!
    Ich ignoriere die Beiträge von Zatochi und gehe daher nicht auf sie ein!

"Ich besteh ja zu 90% aus Ellenbogen und 10% Herz... Und Gehirn natürlich... nochmal 30, 40%. Durchsetzen - mit Charme und Köpfchen!"
    [Stromberg]

Das bin ICH!(That´s ME!) Meine Videos: Ein Tag in KhemiEin Tag in ConarchOutside Khemi

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    I don't agree. If they give the option to change the model/visual of item you craft and if they balance correctly the "amount of material needed/Power of the item" ratio, the craft could be a formidable time-sink for many players, that actually target a broader public than a T5 raid.

Let's be clear : New raid is awesome, but a T5 will only profit a fraction of the PVE player base (fraction that deserve new content since they are veteran and that they have nothing else to do anymore, I agree, but that's not the point); while craft can be a profit for everybody, from PVP player to PVE players. From noob to vetaran. From vanity-whore to stat-whore.
    I agree. A good crafting revamp has a lot of potential to keep current 1-80 players sticking around and exploring the game. Not everyone is into raiding. I enjoy playing on the surface and experiencing the world of Conan more than raiding.

Crafting is a glue. It's not just a distraction, either. It gets in to every aspect of the game, IF it's done properly with some fore-thought.

It intersets people who have a lont-term time investement in a game. These people are pillars of game knowledge quite often. From there their knowledge helps others. They play for long hours doing things a lot of people would require 3+ people to do, and fail regardless (I was two-man farming Brokk in about 3 minutes with pretty basic Khitai gear).

It also can add an extra layer of difficulty in raiding or dungeoning, allowing one to create some very unique and powerful items. This was effectively essential to progress through T2, Ibis being the end result (mercurial blade, alchemy items from Brokk etc etc). Well, actually, T3 crafted being the end result I suppose.

Even when RotGS was released, gear was still looked for, like the blue iron hammers and prot-armours.

Regardless, it can also be expanded upon in PvP in my opinion. Simply involve an altar in the King of the Hill+altar, focus it for xx time, voila, item ready to be crafted in to something useful. Yes, the it needs work =P. Especially from exploitation =|

Anyway, it's something to provide an extra layer of challenge, fill in the gaps between raids/dungeon and raid/dungeon items, there's money to be made for guilds and individuals (ie an economy), people who are learning the game can help crafters run lower dungeons for resources in a symbiotic relationship. 80 gets a crafted item (alchemical component, enhanced gem etc) that REQUIRES action and input from other's to complete, and the other participants each finish their quests and recieve sexy blue gears (btw FC lowbie dungeon quests/gear SERIOUSLY need a revamp. The green gear rewards are othing short of laughable).

The list goes on to be honest. Crafting isn't just some mindless crap. It's a challenge of patience and prior planning to get something completed, hopefully as efficiently as possible, and it can ultimately benefit the entire server. Look what happened when Ibis' appeared. T3 weapons could then be created and then that was put on farm.

And then there's world wonders which would be awesome! Permanent giant features added to the game 'somewhere' via a collective server-based effort inputting resources. Maybe everyone could get small guild-like bonus' upon completion, too. And a smaller version could be created for your guild city.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123