Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Returning playing having issues with my existing characters

Default Returning playing having issues with my existing characters

Hey all-

I apologize if this is covered somewhere and I just can't find it. I played heavily at launch, and again about two/three years ago. As such I have two 80s who are / were both in various bits on T1 through T3 gear. I started playing last week on a new character, just to get re aquatinted with the combat system, and only just last night logged my 80s in.
    I found the usual and expected issues - UI was a mess because the UI add ons were out of date, and my skill trees had been reset. THe big issue though was that both my characters were completely naked, with nothing in their inventory. Not only was all my gear gone, but also was everything I had in my inventory.
    I heard people talking about a gear revamp that happened a while back? Did this reset gear? Do I need to do something to get the equivalent gear back?

I was afraid at first that someone had hijacked my account and just sold off all my stuff to fund a gold farm, but my character still has gold and tokens, so that can't be the case.

Any advice on what to do would be appreciated. I would love to get back into raiding again.

Thanks!

Do a /petition and see if they can get your items back. Try using the email support option (think its in general forums) to send funcom an email about it.

There was a general hack session timeframe a year or so back. It could have been that someone got to your account and just deleted things but didn't steal anything just to be malicious.

Doesn't hurt to try and ask Funcom if they can get things back for you. Otherwise to get t1/t2 gear you can go and farm the world boss this week in EG mountains for a chance at purple gear.

I'll give it a shot. Worst case I will grind out some stuff to get me started in T1 again.

Thanks!

World boss is up and you don't need fancy gear to get t1/t2 armor to weapons...and a chance at t3 relics/rares.

Come to EG mountains and ask whats up. Much easier to do in Crom than on Fury though.

Great! I will look into that tonight, and see if I can get it figured out! (I am on Crom, coming from Set previously).

Thanks for the help!

If your desperate for gear you may find you have a lot of veteran tokens that you can exchange for khitai tokens to buy fairly decent dungeon blues. Check aoc tv site for gear stats and token costs.

Hope that helps

I dont know what constitutes a lot of tokes, but I do have some. I will try to work out their value and what the best things to buy are.

I am currently just wearing 80 blues I picked up on the market to get started, while I work out the best next step.

Thanks for the help!

and change your password just in case

After being gone for a long time, I too just came back and found the same thing. Out of my 11 characters 7 including 6 lvl. 80's were naked inventory and inventory bags all gone. But still had all their gold.

Did a petition and after an investigation by the GM, came back and said it was lost during the merge. Like you he said to submit a email to funcom about it and reference the petition number. So now I'm waiting and hoping for armor back. I see this happen to you back in May was there any results to your e-mail?

Quote Originally Posted by rachel12 View Post
    After being gone for a long time, I too just came back and found the same thing. Out of my 11 characters 7 including 6 lvl. 80's were naked inventory and inventory bags all gone. But still had all their gold.

Did a petition and after an investigation by the GM, came back and said it was lost during the merge. Like you he said to submit a email to funcom about it and reference the petition number. So now I'm waiting and hoping for armor back. I see this happen to you back in May was there any results to your e-mail?
    I just remembered this happened to everyone when they were trying to remove duplicate "Can only have 1" items from peoples inventories.

For a long time now, you can have multiple "Can only have 1" items. Funcom tried to fix this, but instead removed all "Can only have 1" items, even if they weren't duplicates (assuming that you had at least 1 duplicate on that character). This included some inventory bags. With bags restored, you then still needed to have a GM give you all the missing "Can only have 1" items.

In many cases GMs insisted you had to name every item you were missing before they would restore it, but I think near the end they had it straightened out enough that they could look in some logs and restore most of your items automatically.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast