Thread: Looking for Group to do Dungeons

Default Looking for Group to do Dungeons

How do I get a group together to tackle dungeons? How do I ask in game? I understand that I use the LFG and NPH channels. When I see others who are lfg they use a lot of abbrevations, some I understand (I've seen the AoC Abbreviations post) and others I don't. I see others spam requests. Should I spam? I don't want to bug anybody.

I've a lvl 36 barbarian, and I wanted to do the Black Castle in Khopshef.

My toon is Chaano on Crom.

Thanks!

Hello, I assume you're new to AoC? I just started playing the game myself last year.

In my experience since I started playing, as with a lot of older MMO's, it seems the majority of AoC's population is mostly max level players or veteran players power leveling alts. So, a lot of them have seen all the low level dungeons before and just aren't interested or they only care about rushing to the end game so they can raid. As a result, it can be difficult to find groups in the mid-level range.

There's more activity on weekends of course and some low level groups form then, that's the best time to look for them on global chat or LFG chat. Finding a leveling guild might help you too. If you're subscribed, try searching for players in your level range and whispering them individually and asking if they want to group... it's about the best way I've found to get a group going. You will probably have to add anyone you whisper to friends list though so they can respond to you.

Alternatively, you could try to get a high level player to run you through dungeons and quests and such, if you like that sort of thing. Seems like it's always much easier to find some bored lvl 80's willing to do this than it is to find players in your level range to form a full group, sadly.

Anyway, I'm always looking for dungeon groups and I have some characters around lvl 30-50. I'll see about messaging you in game sometime.