Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rerolling Barb or Conq

Default Rerolling Barb or Conq

coming back to aoc, cannot decide what to pick for pvp gameplay

any ideas?

I think barb is in a great place after the PVP gear revamp.

They have great protection, very high health regen, and good dps combined with an overall quick twitch type playstyle. Keep in mind there is also several open world pvp events coming on to live. Barb will do great it all of them except possibly the solo arena which rewards those classes with bubbles and heavy defenses.

Conq is getting a slight nerf on the other hand with this new patch, right now they are pretty god mode.

Heavy defenses, multiple bubbles, great dps with both brute(2H) and Carnage (2x1H) spec. I think this class will also do great in the open world quests. With a good group you will almost never die if played correctly.

Overall: I think the Barb will be a more rewarding class for you. They are great fun and that's the one id pick. See you on the battlefield!
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Conq = barb except with full plate, faster combos, higher burst and multi bubbles.
    Take a wild guess which one is better.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnusLL View Post
    Conq = barb except with full plate, faster combos, higher burst and multi bubbles.
    Take a wild guess which one is better.
    u forgot that barb has op cc's over powered perma speed buff... most combos aoe.. barb as good as lame **** conq )
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    u forgot that barb has op cc's over powered perma speed buff... most combos aoe.. barb as good as lame **** conq )
    Conq is better as far as AoE combos go. Barb has only stun and knockback for CCs.
    Speed is the best of all classes if you feat AM, true, but you don't kill anyone nor mitigate any damage with speed. And being melee, speed or not, if you want to actually do something you need to enter melee range. And if you want to do decent damage, you are still forced to self-root for the stupidly long barb combo finisher animations, forcing you to choose between remaining mobile or doing damage, with no chance of getting both at the same time.

Seriously, are you trying to say barb is on the same level or better than conq in PvP?

Conq is better as far as AoE combos go. Barb has only stun and knockback for CCs.
    Speed is the best of all classes if you feat AM, true, but you don't kill anyone nor mitigate any damage with speed. And being melee, speed or not, if you want to actually do something you need to enter melee range. And if you want to do decent damage, you are still forced to self-root for the stupidly long barb combo finisher animations, forcing you to choose between remaining mobile or doing damage, with no chance of getting both at the same time.

Seriously, are you trying to say barb is on the same level or better than conq in PvP?

Maybe the OP is asking which is more enjoyable not which is better.. who cares whats "better"
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Speed actually does help mitigate A LOT of damage. Mostly melee but also ranged because you can run behind cover and block los faster than anyone else. Is conq easier? Sure. More forgiving? Certainly. But barb is still extremely solid with the new gear and I dare say it's way more fun and rewarding than conq.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    Speed actually does help mitigate A LOT of damage. Mostly melee but also ranged because you can run behind cover and block los faster than anyone else. Is conq easier? Sure. More forgiving? Certainly. But barb is still extremely solid with the new gear and I dare say it's way more fun and rewarding than conq.
    "Mitigation by running away" puts the rest of your team at a tactical disadvantage and doesn't help you kill anyone, especially if you're melee. Compare that to a bubble, or hell, to normal armor mitigation for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    well tbh, conq feels harder to play for me, sure its stupid with bubbles and all, but barb is more simple
    The Law

"Mitigation by running away" puts the rest of your team at a tactical disadvantage and doesn't help you kill anyone, especially if you're melee. Compare that to a bubble, or hell, to normal armor mitigation for that matter.
    unstopabble is OP as ****, with barbs hp regen and speed combined together and if healer in team
    The Law

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast