Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Failed to authenticate with login server

I think, it's an issue with chatlog and/or ignorelist. When those are too full, this happens. And these are located in users profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    I think, it's an issue with chatlog and/or ignorelist. When those are too full, this happens. And these are located in users profile.
    mmm interesting

Default yup...same issue

I have the same issue. I emailed customer support and I got everything from a porting issue to it's my computer.

So here's the issue:

I was able to login fine BEFORE the maintenance. I didn't have to port my modem, didn't have to do anything special except download and install the game. I played without any issues for 2 months. I decided not to pay for one month, it kept telling me to become a subscribed player for one month longer, then we have a maintenance while I am at work and WHAMMO! cant log in.

contacted customer support via live chat and she says its a password thing so we go through that. no log in...
    then she says its because I haven't paid so we fix that. no log in...
    then she says I have to contact email tech support

I can surf the web (obviously because I'm here) I can get into my account, I just cant get the authentication server to work. It's not a 15 minute thing this has been a month long thing.

they have me ping my modem, run tracer routes do all sorts of crazy stuff. Ahem, guys I can connect to the internet wirelessly....

Anyways, I cant connect to the game with or without wires, so any ideas? I really don't want to leave my pom...(sniffss...sobs sadly)

Did you install anything on your pc in that month of not playing? Virus scanner or firewall. Did you try to do a windows restore to back before the maintenance to see if that works?
    If theres nothing new and a roll back doesnt work or you dont want to try it then i would suggest uninstalling the game and making sure everythings gone. Delete all the directories and crap and then reinstall the game. Your toons will be there when you get back.
    Ive had it where the game for no reason stops working. I have a back up of the game on a external drive for quick reinstalls.
    Last edited by Aylis; 31st July 2014 at 02:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    I had this issue for a long time with my main. i tried everything what didnt solve the problem.
    The one thing that solved it was: delete your local profiles \user\%username%\AppData\Local\Funcom\AoC\Prefs\

Be happy.

That aint a fix if it DELETES ALL MY GODDAMN HOTKEYS!!!

I swear they are going from gimp to gimpier... lets hope it dont end up as gimpiest

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12