Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Failed to authenticate with login server

Default Failed to authenticate with login server

This is the error I get when I try to login. Anyone else have this/know a workaround? it seems like a known issue in the other tech forum.

happens all the time, just try again it should log
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Hyboria7788 View Post
    This is the error I get when I try to login. Anyone else have this/know a workaround? it seems like a known issue in the other tech forum.
    Nothing to immediately workaround besides waiting 10-15 minutes.
    Halfdead/Ghiaour
    Grandmaster Tos
    Rogue Angels
    Time Trial Vids

This usually happens when you dc for some reason but not always. Basically what happens is the game thinks your still connected thats why you cant log in again. You have to wait until your toon times out and the game kicks it. 15 mins is how long it takes. So just relax find something to do for 15 mins then log back in.

As for a work around. There was so talk about it having something to do with having too many chat windows or chat tabs open or being subscribed to too many chat options.

The idea was to remove every chat tab you have log out completely then then log back in and redo your chat tabs to keep it to a minimum. Ive tried it... dunno if it worked.

Usually the best thing to do is to log out with F10 and let it count all the way down before you exit game or swap toons.

Oh and this has been a bug for YEARS. Funcom cant or wont fix it.
    Last edited by Aylis; 6th May 2014 at 21:37.

Here is a trick to "fix" this quick:

1. Create a f2p account (i personally have a f2p account already created for this situations)
    2. Login with the f2p account
    3. Logout
    4. Now you can login on your main account
    5. Enjoy the Hyboria world once again.

peace
    Last edited by Tiberivs; 29th May 2014 at 13:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Here is a trick to "fix" this quick:

1. Create a f2p account (i personally have a f2p account already created for this situations)
    2. Login with the f2p account
    3. Logout
    4. Now you can login on your main account
    5. Enjoy the Hyboria world once again.

peace
    doesnt help
    it is 1am and it took me more than 1 hour to get a grp for hms , but i wanted to relog and now i cant log back in because of that bug . TY funcom xD
    Typing on mobile
    Excuse mspellings and strange auto erections
    --------------------------------------------------
    (current) Mains: Slackjoint (tos), Daraiios(sin) , Quorrin (DT)

Yes the new store still blows

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    doesnt help
    it is 1am and it took me more than 1 hour to get a grp for hms , but i wanted to relog and now i cant log back in because of that bug . TY funcom xD
    I had this issue for a long time with my main. i tried everything what didnt solve the problem.
    The one thing that solved it was: delete your local profiles \user\%username%\AppData\Local\Funcom\AoC\Prefs\

Be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    doesnt help
    Wierd,though sometimes you need to restart the game and try again with an alternative account and if doesn't work well...just quit game...go do something for 15 mins and then start the game again and try to login . :S

PS: Yes,it's an annoying bug . Should be a priority for funcom to fix it...but well. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberivs View Post
    Wierd,though sometimes you need to restart the game and try again with an alternative account and if doesn't work well...just quit game...go do something for 15 mins and then start the game again and try to login . :S

PS: Yes,it's an annoying bug . Should be a priority for funcom to fix it...but well. :S
    that was already told AND I just posted the fix for this bug. It's not FC, its on users side.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopsing View Post
    that was already told AND I just posted the fix for this bug. It's not FC, its on users side.
    mmm....that's a contradiction,i mean you said you posted a "fix" for this "bug"...and that it's not FC.
    But... is FC fault not users fault,cause it happens to everyone hence is FC side....i mean is a "common" bug not an unique exclusive bug on someone side....lol... :S
    Though never tried what you said,since always worked for me the way i know,but maybe one day when it happens again i try that way...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast