Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tier 5 - New AA and Combos for Tier 5

We'll see when all the "pro" pvpers return wearing full sets of t5 gear and sporting new, full AA/Combos in 90 days after release while real pvpers grind for another 2 years or more to hit pvp 15 and obtain 7,500 more tokens and 1,000 campaign badges just for gear alone, no AA, no new combos/spells.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by iCannon View Post
    Trust me if it happens I will no go grind 10 years in a raid dungeon.
    ...But you would grind 10 years the same mini ?

Exclamation

Not my style of game play that I like. Spending 5 hours raiding killing mobs is the worst torture.
    TRUE i hope realy funcom first closed all news for new contenut pvp T4 and belance!

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    Yeah but at least it's real gameplay.

Haha, real gameplay. Good one

Ooh awesome, you don't mind then if devs gives more attention to PvE content since you have real gameplay to enjoy ?

I don't even know why this thread is here, everything in the last two GD letters is saying they are working on alternative stats and progression than just +power. Both in PvE & PvP.

And the funny stuff is, some pvpers are already complaining that rewards on Test Live doesn't satisfy their hunger for more stats/advantages.

You grind no mini game, because no one is the same, just the map but every match is different.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill View Post
    You grind no mini game, because no one is the same, just the map but every match is different.
    Ja, if only it is entirely true but everyone except newbies are playing the same feats, the majority of players have the same behaviour, the same rotation (look at rangers with linebreaker/penshot/tts or DT running around until their DP/stun is up and it's two illustrations am).

I'm sure humans are naturally less predictable than AI but in the same time, they naturally use to copy feats on forums, copy rotations, copy behaviour and thus i had often the feeling of pvping against an army of clones.

Other trend is the zerg : i've done countless of JS and every time players follow the pack like sheep and zerg all the mid. It's the another reason why most of the fights ends up on the rezpad.

So i don't disagree about what you said but sadly, game is old and mechanics/feats are so old that the one-tricks ponys are the same, and so part of the minigames based on mindgames (what my opponent will do ?) gives less and less space for surprises.
    Pugsminis (at least, i don't know about premades) are mostly based on the same patterns which made them closer and closer than any scripted encounters.
    This is not specific to AoC, if you don't shuffle the cards in any game, things will be more predictable.

Ja, if only it is entirely true but everyone except newbies are playing the same feats, the majority of players have the same behaviour, the same rotation (look at rangers with linebreaker/penshot/tts or DT running around until their DP/stun is up and it's two illustrations am).

I'm sure humans are naturally less predictable than AI but in the same time, they naturally use to copy feats on forums, copy rotations, copy behaviour and thus i had often the feeling of pvping against an army of clones.

Other trend is the zerg : i've done countless of JS and every time players follow the pack like sheep and zerg all the mid. It's the another reason why most of the fights ends up on the rezpad.

So i don't disagree about what you said but sadly, game is old and mechanics/feats are so old that the one-tricks ponys are the same, and so part of the minigames based on mindgames (what my opponent will do ?) gives less and less space for surprises.
    Pugsminis (at least, i don't know about premades) are mostly based on the same patterns which made them closer and closer than any scripted encounters.
    This is not specific to AoC, if you don't shuffle the cards in any game, things will be more predictable.
    So chess, football, rugby, or whatever other human vs human activity based on a set of rules which never changes should become boring after few time?

Sometimes I have the impression you don't PvP.

I'm not saying PvP is better than PvE or PvP needs skill while PvE not (please, not really my intention to enter PvE vs PvP flaming), but PvE is repetitive by definition, since it's scripted content.

PvP is never the same, and that's why there are still some PvP players in this game even if, at least in the last 3 years (the time I play this game), no new PvP content was released.
    Absolutely ZERO content.
    There could be MANY more PvP players around if they developed something and put some effort in solving (and not creating) issues time ago, but if there are still a good amount when NOTHING was ever done for PvP is because PvP is never the same.

Hopefully Funcom is learning from its errors and is finally going to release some new PvP content, stats etc.
    They need to develop reusable content, and hopefully they got how PvP is highly reusable, and how they can get profit from their best asset in this game: Combat System.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 6th May 2014 at 09:12.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

So i don't disagree about what you said...
    I find it fascinating that people can argue with each other for hours when they are both arguing the same points.
    It must be a uniquely human trait. We all fight for freedom, but we fight against each other for freedom from each other. Dumb, dumb, dumb.
    The only difference I can find is that some of us like PvE and others like PvP, which colours our very similar responses so that we think we are arguing different points.

Anyway, to OP: Yup, I agree that new gear must not make a new gear gap for PvP newbies or lowbies.
    At least new players get some AA points to reduce the AA gap between new chars and veterans and the PvP gear stats have been updated to match the RotGS PvE gear.
    But, I think that ol' GD is keenly aware of these issues, as evidenced by the long-delayed updates to PvP gear stats and him acknowledging issues raised by the community, so I think us arguing here is unnecessary and one of the reasons the GD has not even bothered to respond.
    In balance with this life, this death
    -- Hand of Ibis RiP
    Magic is seeing what happens when you hit someone really hard, and when they disappear in a red spray, that's magic.
    -- Jansensen, Gunderman fighter {max taps - RiP}
    CQB Ranger

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast