Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tier 5 - New AA and Combos for Tier 5

I believe we've already been told that there will be a new tier of PvP gear. So yeah, whichever one we get first (T5 or PvP4) will probably be the best of PvP for a bit until they are both in game. I suppose we shall hear a bit of crying if Cetriss is introduced before the Tier 4 PvP gear.
    Aldryc - Demo, Alremyr - PoM, Almyra - ToS, Almyr - Necro, Almuryc - Guard

Quote Originally Posted by Almuryc View Post
    I believe we've already been told that there will be a new tier of PvP gear. So yeah, whichever one we get first (T5 or PvP4) will probably be the best of PvP for a bit until they are both in game. I suppose we shall hear a bit of crying if Cetriss is introduced before the Tier 4 PvP gear.
    They already said T4 pvp gear will have the same stat budget as T3 pvp gear, just with different stats.

I am wondering if they hold the same logic to T5 PvE gear...if not
    what's critical rating going to be on t5 gear, +78 a piece? Everyone will have 35%+ critical rating? 40%+ with Blue Pots? It's almost a joke.

STOP INLATING STATS AND CAUSING INBALANCES BECAUSE PVERS WANT MORE CONTENT. There really is no way they can logically increase stats over what T4 offers without completely upgrading 80% of the existing gear in the game. T3 pve armor looks like old world blues compared to t4 gear already. It makes no sense they put all this time into balancing pvp armor and then classes (and still) just to release higher tiered gear that will undo what they have done? Something here makes no sense, let's give them time to add some details but from how the GD letter was written, it looks like they just want to create a larger gear gap than what was before. It seems like they took a step forward and 2 back to appease those who get free pvp gear raiding.
    Last edited by Suctum; 3rd May 2014 at 02:12.
    Doomsayer 2008

Make t5 available only on PvE servers.
    Tainted Souls on Crom - Johara's Featplanner

Hushi (HoX) - Igne natura renovatur integra

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    They already said T4 pvp gear will have the same stat budget as T3 pvp gear, just with different stats.

I am wondering if they hold the same logic to T5 PvE gear...if not
    what's critical rating going to be on t5 gear, +78 a piece? Everyone will have 35%+ critical rating? 40%+ with Blue Pots? It's almost a joke.

STOP INLATING STATS AND CAUSING INBALANCES BECAUSE PVERS WANT MORE CONTENT. There really is no way they can logically increase stats over what T4 offers without completely upgrading 80% of the existing gear in the game. T3 pve armor looks like old world blues compared to t4 gear already. It makes no sense they put all this time into balancing pvp armor and then classes (and still) just to release higher tiered gear that will undo what they have done? Something here makes no sense, let's give them time to add some details but from how the GD letter was written, it looks like they just want to create a larger gear gap than what was before. It seems like they took a step forward and 2 back to appease those who get free pvp gear raiding.
    Pretty much agree with this.
    Though I read something different between the lines of GD letter.. probably they will implement a progression system that is not just gear upgrade, or at least it is partially, and much less compared to T4 upgrade.

I hope I read correctly.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

So who will be playing in 2017 to see t5 progression ?!

I find it funny that GD letter has become "content" to some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Bibik View Post
    We have almost no infos about new AAs, so even if i understand your concerns, i think you should wait for more posts from GD before stating things.

There's a good probability that thoses new AA linked to PvE content are PvE exclusives AA like +5% damage against Undeads/Vanirs/Whatever, or AA increasing PvE prot/armor or affecting tradeskills.

I don't think they are doing their best atm to improve pvp and avoid power gap and then creating another one directly
    Since GD letter said "new ways to play your favorite class", I'm assuming or at least hoping these AA provides things like new combos or alternative abilities, not specially more powerful ones.

It's a good incentive for players, it have this "refreshing" feeling that would please veteran player, can be fun if well done, and it doesn't increase power gap.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Just because the aas are tied to the development of the raids, it doesn't have mean that you have to do the raids. It could imply that some abilities will be needed to do the T5 raids. Like Finely Honed in some instances today for example.
    My main alts:
    Cylien Assassin - Whirlwind of death. As in dies a LOT
    Scythie Conqueror - And Petal her mammoth
    Karalee Guardian - "My sergeant says an army marches on it's belly. But I ain't never seen that! "Shakes her head vigorously"

Shameless self promotion
    http://www.reverbnation.com/charkoalmusic

Quote Originally Posted by Scythie View Post
    Just because the aas are tied to the development of the raids, it doesn't have mean that you have to do the raids. It could imply that some abilities will be needed to do the T5 raids. Like Finely Honed in some instances today for example.
    If you have to complete parts in t5 or do some new 6 man instance to earn the new spells/combos or AA, it does not matter. The point is that it is implied you have to pve to earn abilities which will no doubt be desirable for pvp.

And that's what concerns most pvpers have. Why do all these recent adjustments if your just going to unleash another gear/AA gap that not every player will have a chance to earn?
    Last edited by Suctum; 3rd May 2014 at 10:08.
    Doomsayer 2008

No, cause it's surely a AA system which prevents people from accessing to the next raid content.

Cetriss-> AA +25% damage to Hyperboreans -> Next T5 raid is Temple of Thurga with first boss is a Hyperborean master of survival with tons of HP and a timer -> you can get healing AA which works only in the next raid and is necessary to defeat first boss inside it and so on.

PvE AA, no impact on PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    MY VIEW

If Funcom is going to allow new AA and combos for Tier 5 raiding only, this is going to once again, create imbalance in the pvp department. What needs to be done is, whatever happens in tier 5, can also be obtained through PVP as well. Unless of course this is already the plan.... we will see.

Funcom, do not make the mistake of creating something that only a small select few can obtain through only PVE and then you have to listen to a 1000 cries on the forums over the course of 2 or 3 months. I will NEVER raid a single raid in my life in AoC...

Do not make this mistake.
    lol. just lol. if you want t5 gear, you raid t5 content. if you want the best gear, you raid t5. if you can't be arsed then you can watch from the sidelines and weep.
    damn pvp whiner. sigh..

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast