Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tier 5 - New AA and Combos for Tier 5

Default Tier 5 - New AA and Combos for Tier 5

QUOTED FUNCOM

New Alternate Advancement Abilities and Loot Progression in Tier 5 raids

These two are intimately tied together and we have a solid idea of how we are going to build player progression through Tier 5 raids and new content. I’m saving all the details for a future game director letter, but new weapon combos, new items and new ways to play your favorite class are all on the table!

Thanks for listening and I will see you in the Fields of Slaughter

MY VIEW

If Funcom is going to allow new AA and combos for Tier 5 raiding only, this is going to once again, create imbalance in the pvp department. What needs to be done is, whatever happens in tier 5, can also be obtained through PVP as well. Unless of course this is already the plan.... we will see.

Funcom, do not make the mistake of creating something that only a small select few can obtain through only PVE and then you have to listen to a 1000 cries on the forums over the course of 2 or 3 months. I will NEVER raid a single raid in my life in AoC...

Do not make this mistake.

I'm pretty sure the AA abilities and T5 loot progression are not directly tied to each other, at least I'd hope not.

well first what is that i really would like to see some new aa and combos - ofc im stricte pvp player so also i would like to see em obtainable through pvp, what comes to my mind is idea to balance classes upon creating those aas - ofc if feat trees balancing/reworking is not possible ( or take to much resources but tbh i cant see that since it would be work for max 1 person who would know things for about week ) - no lie, so give one class that other has and other that this has also making em somehow simillar but could be totally difrent abilities - im only talking if lets say conq have 2/6 of class perks about dealing more damage and barb has 0 something is wrong here

new combos sounds nice but i would rather cut it off aa or at least if this will happen - that aa silver perk is required to use new combo - raise perk slots to 3 from 2 - its totally must imo - but i would just make those new combos dropable of somewhere or obtainable by tokens either pve ones or pvp

lastly i fear that we wont see this anytime soon - and here i feel shame for me and for all ppl who sacraficed so much for this game, money, time or let it be other things and in the end not given anything interesting for so long - lets blame here TSW or another projects but as we could know - AoC could be still real milk cow and i think that after new pvp open world events FC will clearly find this out or maybe not - only latest addition - few items in shop ( im thinking about new rings ) and nice sub can give more then TSW brought with its release - ofc for AoC to become serious mmo table player needs advertisemnt for sure - and imo new Arnie Conan movie could be bullseye - let hope for it ( or count for dedicated fans of AoC who wander diferent mmos games worlds and worship and shout around about this hell of a nice title )

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    I'm pretty sure the AA abilities and T5 loot progression are not directly tied to each other, at least I'd hope not.
    Read the last post of the April news letter, it is tied together lol.

That's why I made the post, to question what their motives are

Quote Originally Posted by -Khramps- View Post
    Read the last post of the April news letter, it is tied together lol.

That's why I made the post, to question what their motives are
    Yep, you're right, I misread it.

There really should not be a link between new AA's and T5 raiding.

If you are going to add new AA's, they should be able to be gained with either Mastery or Prowess AA xp.

And while you are at it Funcom, make it easier to gain AA's so that newer players are not at such an AA disadvantage, either in pvp or pve.

We have almost no infos about new AAs, so even if i understand your concerns, i think you should wait for more posts from GD before stating things.

There's a good probability that thoses new AA linked to PvE content are PvE exclusives AA like +5% damage against Undeads/Vanirs/Whatever, or AA increasing PvE prot/armor or affecting tradeskills.

I don't think they are doing their best atm to improve pvp and avoid power gap and then creating another one directly

If there is going to be new AA and Gear that can only be obtained by PvE, then it should only be good for PvE.

I don't care what they add for T5 as long as it's only useful for T5 or other PvE instances. But the moment T5 becomes the new standard for PvP gear/abilities you just sh1t on all the work you have been doing the last few months.

I can't see why they would waste time updating PvP gear if their intention was to just release T5 PvE gear and re-create the inbalance all over again, just with higher stat thresholds.

Does not make much sense to me, enough of the PvE to PvP mentality already. I will not step foot in T5, I can care less about T4. Do what you want with PvE, but stop rewarding people with top tier PvP grade items from doing PvE. It does nothing but create a gear gap which can't ever be controlled since as soon as you fix one Tier you then plan to release another and create the gap all over again.

Or so it reads...
    Doomsayer 2008

Omg just one quote which is in planning and you nubs start to go crazy about it, interpreting things into it which no one knows yet and startin the QQ
    What is wrong with you all?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbarianJuri View Post
    Omg just one quote which is in planning and you nubs start to go crazy about it, interpreting things into it which no one knows yet and startin the QQ
    What is wrong with you all?
    The quote sounded a bit like usual, you will need to raid high tiers to get new pvp abilities/powers, heres at hoping new aa's can be obtainable in pvp as well.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

QUOTED FUNCOM

If Funcom is going to allow new AA and combos for Tier 5 raiding only, this is going to once again, create imbalance in the pvp department.
    I agree with this part, but I do not agree with your solution.

What needs to be done is, whatever happens in tier 5, can also be obtained through PVP as well. Unless of course this is already the plan.... we will see.
    It is not reasonable to ask that you can gain the same from solo play (most pvp) as in a raidgroup. I remember a guy a while back who wanted solo dungeons that drop T4 tokens just because he didn't want to raid. You don't play the content; you don't get the gear. (On a sidenote, I think this should also go for pvp: playing in a team like a MMO is meant to be played should be more rewarding then soloplay.)

I would rather see PvE-only stats like we have PvP stats already (eg. combat rating(pve) etc.)for T4 and above.
    With T4 gear being so close to the pvpgear, that is the only way I can think of that there can be attractive loot in T5 without it being OP for PvP.

This will be harder with abilities/combos so I guess it would be OK if those were obtainable with pvptokens somehow like the Khitai ranks of the combos.

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    heres at hoping new aa's can be obtainable in pvp as well.
    If they are AAs like we have today I would assume you can just buy them with Mastery/Expertise/Prowes which you gain for doing pretty much anything except RP. If they are on the mastery side one would think it's more PvE oriented but still buyable with expertise so any player can get it. Unless they come with a whole new AA system of course.

Apart from all that I think this topic is a bit premature since we do not how and what loot will drop in T5. From the previous letter I got the feeling they didn't want it to be a linear power increase. This makes sense considering we are at the limits already with for example mitigation.
    Last edited by Caudilloo; 2nd May 2014 at 23:44.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast