Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – April 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    Completely disagree with your comments and suggestions in this thread. Well as anyone else.
    you can disagree all you want, its your right. but it don't change the fact that you can go afk at a respad and get reward for doing nothing. and doing that enough will lead to getting best available gear playing alone and doing nothing.
    unlike in raids where there is no room for that kind of behavior and if someone shows that kind of behavior, that person won't get into any raids anymore. isn't that why you pvp'ers want a kick vote to mini-games, to kick those who don't participate?

you can be a pvp fanboi but you don't need to be a stupid pvp fanboi.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    you can disagree all you want, its your right. but it don't change the fact that you can go afk at a respad and get reward for doing nothing
    You do not get reward as your team can not win. Your reward are just tons of hate tells everyone send to you afterwards.

Well players usually do not go to hide etc. to leech minies (even in CJS it leads to loose) but as they realised the game is lost they do not want to get more deaths and do not want to get coward shame for leaving either - for such we want to have kick vote.
    Xuhotl - arcimage of the city of Xuthal in service of great army Futilez - HoX PvP lvl 10
    Bordhi - Khitai legionary - DT PvP lvl 7
    Bahary - vampire and your nightmare - Lotus Sin PvP lvl 7
    Shiwan - the last of Corrags - retired noob Barb PvP lvl 8

GMs ban leechers in pvp if you report them. At least on Fury I can guarantee that people like Walhar get nowhere because of that. Not permanent bans but they get banned again if they behave the same when they get back. So nope, leechers don't have access to the best pvp gear in the real world. Not nearly.

On the other hand plenty of baddies have been leeching and gearing up in t4 for years. Even Zodiak does not take 24 good people and can be done with baddies and players who die right off the start.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    On the other hand plenty of baddies have been leeching and gearing up in t4 for years. Even Zodiak does not take 24 good people and can be done with baddies and players who die right off the start.
    and you have met players who have just stood in the corner or in the room the whole fight and activate only when loot box is opened and nobody found out? sure.

Yea let's compare pve and pvp gear obtention using subjective views.

I've seen tons of so-called pvp players having pvp 8/10 gear by chasing lowbies, ignoring objectives, using hide each 10sec to wait their cd refreshing, waiting close to their rezpad that numbers goes in their favors, and zerging all the way JS. Farming rezpad also, still rewarded 10 or 20 more than just flagging/helping his team. Stil the same ****, since 2008 and pvpers applauded while keeping their blindfold on.

And they are geared.
    Clueless, zero teamplay but geared.

At least, at Zodiac, they have to do something teamplay-related, not just signing up a mini and ends-up in a team.
    Sure theres are baddies leeching raids in PvE. But don't tell me PvP is in better shape. Let's look at the importance k/d (individual ego-trip stat which is known to be calculated stupidly and pushing to do the exact opposite of teamplay) have in a group-based pvp. Sure Jyggernaut proves that playing in a selfish, stupid way is not geared. pvp 8, full mini set.

And if you have played like me thoses open world objectives, the same **** will continue with pvp t4.
    1 /Group up
    2/ Leech the reward (even in solo events people wants to group to get the group advantage like heals, health buffs)
    3/ Go to the vendor
    4/ ???
    5/ Profit !

Glorifiying the 1% of the population who has the leech mentality doesn't do anything to the 99% of normal players who actually play the game.

-if you go afk in a mini you will lose and get banned on Fury
    -a day old character could go to cloud run and get the best weapon in the game within an hour of hitting 80 so it goes both ways

Players will always take the path of least resistance whether it be farming cloud runs or bori, instead of bitching about a small percentage of people who free-load (just like in the real world) perhaps provide suggestions on how to fix it.

P.S. Phil afk every mini and tell me how long it takes to get to pvp 10 with full gear, if you can do it within 5 years I will give you my life savings
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

You're just proving the point here. You still get xp and tokens by doing absolutely nothing. Playing alone, without any gear or experience you can get the best available gear by sitting at a respad and reading a book.
    There is a perfect analogy with PvE players not good at their class who give no contribution to the raid and are simply driven by rest of the raid group.

You are just trolling.
    We are probably near the end of this game (if T5 will come, it will be almost for sure last raid tier), and troll posts or just destructive comments about PvE or PvP by players who know only the other part of the game are not what is needed now.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

and you have met players who have just stood in the corner or in the room the whole fight and activate only when loot box is opened and nobody found out? sure.
    I didn't say no one found out. You on the other hand are acting like leeching has no consequences in pvp and is viable which is completely false.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    -if you go afk in a mini you will lose and get banned on Fury
    -a day old character could go to cloud run and get the best weapon in the game within an hour of hitting 80 so it goes both ways

Players will always take the path of least resistance whether it be farming cloud runs or bori, instead of bitching about a small percentage of people who free-load (just like in the real world) perhaps provide suggestions on how to fix it.
    You get banned on crom for being afk?
    In cloud runs you would need to do something, can't stay on the beach because you get kicked for slacking.
    I provided a fix solution, keep highest tier raid gear superior to any other gear including pvp gear. You want the best you got to work for it. Don't want to work for it? Then go pvp with rocks and trees or put a lawnchair on the respad.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    I didn't say no one found out. You on the other hand are acting like leeching has no consequences in pvp and is viable which is completely false.
    Oh you mean the hate tells one gets from butthurt players? That is, uh, such a horrible penalty.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast