Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – April 2014 Discussion

You can argue about a SLIGHT evelution combined with specializations and reflecting experience...but the actual way of power progression through gear mostly (or linear AA) is not the best idea for pvp, definitely.

A steady progression curve with less high steps would be a LOT better (if you think you should have such a thing). But then you have to disengage pve from pvp, because in pve such a progression actually makes sense under the circumstances.
    For opening a levelled field, like on TL or in the unchained mini idea, you would not have to disengage to make them work.
    Since they didn't comment on the disengagement (at least i have not read anything AND it would include a lot of database work), can't seem to balance even the same tiers classwise (flawed budgeting) and find making an even playfield "complicated" (actual letter), i would not have high hopes.

About unchained again:
    If you can not temporary adjust AAs or give gear, why not simply DISABLE it in the arena? Gearwise you could have a seperate "arena" gear tab, that is customizeable with predefined gear from an arena vendor or from vanity gear or special crafted items. Normal pve or pvp items would not "fit" in there (you alrady have this code in weapon switching and vanity tab to some extend).
    This way you would have an easier time levelling the field while still keeping some options of adding more variety or special gear for special rulesets and arenas or offering such a slow progression curve for "arena" battles at least.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 4th May 2014 at 19:19.

PvP gear is perfectly fine now.
    PvP Tier 1 gear works perfectly fine, gap between PvP T1 and T3 gear is ok.

AA is another story, it takes way too long for a player to be vey competitive in PvP bnecause of AA gap. But this is not the right thread for this discussion.

What redd said, just separate PvP and PvE stats (like there is now PvP Combat Rating, there should be PvE Combat Rating, Magic Damage, etc) would be the perfect solution.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

you should not be able to get equal or better gear than highest tier raid gear by playing solo. to get raid gear you need quite many people to help but a guy playing the game all alone can get the best pvp equipment.
    and that's why highest tier raid items should be superior to anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    you should not be able to get equal or better gear than highest tier raid gear by playing solo. to get raid gear you need quite many people to help but a guy playing the game all alone can get the best pvp equipment.
    and that's why highest tier raid items should be superior to anything else.
    Playing solo? I'm pretty sure mini games require a group to get the tokens needed....

You must be a troll or just plain retarded to think raid gear should be best in both PvP and PvE

PvP gear should be best for PvP and PvE gear should be best for PvE PERIOD!
    Dorrak / 80 Barb - PvP 8
    Tartug / 80 DT - PvP 8

ITT: Bring back heroic system for raid gear.

Problem solved
    I don't make points I make dents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalgon View Post
    Playing solo? I'm pretty sure mini games require a group to get the tokens needed....

You must be a troll or just plain retarded to think raid gear should be best in both PvP and PvE

PvP gear should be best for PvP and PvE gear should be best for PvE PERIOD!
    You obviously have difficulties understanding the issue.
    Login, join the mini-game queue, game starts, go afk, win tokens, buy the best gear. All done alone, playing solo.
    Do you know what a raid is or does it too confuse you?

Login, join the mini-game queue, game starts, go afk, win tokens, buy the best gear. All done alone, playing solo.
    You think that you get a lot of tokens and xp by leeching in minis? lol, get a clue, with the amount of tokens and xp needed for top pvp gear it would take decades.

Pvp gear best for pvp, pve gear best for pve, end of.
    Last edited by kalston; 5th May 2014 at 00:50.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Highest raid tier equipment need to be superior to any other equipment in game. Icluding pvp gear.
    Jesus. "Let the dark days come back".

Hell no !
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

I can tell you how easy it should be. The pve stuff from raiding should have stats only for pve, so combat rating, additional crit rating/ crit dmg rating or whatever only pve- wise and no meaning for pvp, so that you need to do pvp to compete in it. Since pvp t1 euqip will be lowered in price and there will be no rank requirement anymore everyone has an easy start into pvp. By the way about leeching I don't need to mention cloud runs here, right?
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill View Post
    I can tell you how easy it should be. The pve stuff from raiding should have stats only for pve, so combat rating, additional crit rating/ crit dmg rating or whatever only pve- wise and no meaning for pvp, so that you need to do pvp to compete in it. Since pvp t1 euqip will be lowered in price and there will be no rank requirement anymore everyone has an easy start into pvp. By the way about leeching I don't need to mention cloud runs here, right?
    Hey, pvp t1 is still pvp level 2-4 minimum requirement. PvPers talked about 2008/2009 as the golden age of pvp, i'm pretty sure it was people on pvp t1 gear farming the other in blue PvE gear... and nobody was crying loudly on forums back then...why ?
    So the problem never was pve gear or pvp gear but gear-based pvp. And community who liked it and defended it. Ofc the same community started to hate it once they lost the gear advantage.

By the way the gear obtention is also a problem. When i see full geared t2 or t3 pvp chars who doesn't play any single objective all the day long in minis or totally playing duels in Wrangling Gorge of Jhebbal Sag, i don't understand why he is still rewarded :/ Even the new open world pvp event is starting to follow the same logic, why playing pvp when you can just leech the **** out the dominating guild on the field, on the area, on the server ? if you can't beat them, join them... and gain the rewards too.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast