Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – April 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    My problem with the gear is simple and situational:
    - it is not balanced (i can proof this with calculations)
    - it is orientated along the more powerful gear, thus keeping the gap and philosophy behind the existing progression (if you draw the power progression curve, it should be obvious why i am not satisfied with the changes)

This results in more people fighting with this gear (which means a lot of con, prot, critigation and tenacity), making it maybe faster for new 80s to get it, but not easier or more fun. The right way would have been to lower the progression in pvp a lot. What they can do now though, is to work on fun ways to pvp (like a consequence system in open pvp, a reward change to avoid people picking only easy targets etc.) and add more steps gearwise like a tier0 and t0,5 set (or otherwise) to close the gap.
    Well they didn't just buff pvp armour. They also lowered the pvp level requirements for purchasing it. Of course you can argue that the pvp power creep is still there, and that's not a good thing. But in terms of the power progression curve you mention, that curve probably was linear or exponential, and now is logarithmic. Given the current state of the game (not many new players), that is probably the right thing to do if you don't have the resources to create a level playing field (unchained minis).
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

not a word about crafting revamp
    new raids...i mean you already thin arent you speading even thiner?
    unless ofc if it is Kylikki Unchained

on the bright side pvpers gets a deserved attention, i mean even with all the qq's organized group pvp in this game still a lot of fun.
    {Circle of Eternity}

Ramanli 80 DT,Erifylli 80 Guard,Amarylli 80 Demo
    Denmeth 80 Barb,Adiasa 80 HoX,Dovackhin 80 BS,Psalmodia 80 PoM
    Dyssebeia 80 DT,Polyterpi 80 Conq,Marleficus 80 ToS,Klymeni 80 Sin

Goofy Tactics for AoC :http://www.youtube.com/user/sardanapal01?feature=mhee
    RP stuff: http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=180714

BLOOD DAWN-AQUILONIA SERVER FOR EVAH !!

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Well they didn't just buff pvp armour. They also lowered the pvp level requirements for purchasing it. Of course you can argue that the pvp power creep is still there, and that's not a good thing. But in terms of the power progression curve you mention, that curve probably was linear or exponential, and now is logarithmic. Given the current state of the game (not many new players), that is probably the right thing to do if you don't have the resources to create a level playing field (unchained minis).
    Ok, i try my luck with ascii:

Before:------Now:
    ......._-------......._
    ....._I.-------......_I
    .....I..-------..___I..
    ..__I..-------..I.....
    ..I.....-------..I.....

Gee, i hope you see my point...next time i will just link to a scan

Quote Originally Posted by sardanapal View Post
    not a word about crafting revamp
    I agree on this... Crafting revamp is way overdue and now you stopped commenting about it so usually it means bad.
    HoX - Emboror -

Oh the spiral of negativity each monthly letter !

I am the only one who are showing some interest for the Anniversary event and quest ? I mean, come on : Pirates, assassins, Conan, Red hand Tortage, all the cool nostlagia stuff and spreaded among weeks ! The quality of the last Halloween event showed that they can provide really good seasonal quests, so i'm excited about this. People used to complain about wb, it's not wb, and now people don't even notice it. What a shame :/

About Cetriss and further: Focus on Cetriss, guys. Letter is just giving infos on long-terms plans.

Joel announce that they will continue to produce raid content after it, it's a good news meaning the game will still be supported content-wise after Cetriss. Some games in a better shape don't even have such projects, make your choices
    And it's still a good perspective even tho it is long-term one. As long as the devs will finish all the promised stuff they inherited from Craig's era, they will have free hands on the future projects.

4.2 is already good enough for both pvpers and pvers. I expect Cetriss for q4 2014.

**** yeah Tortage! MOAR TORTAGE!! Gimme ALL OF THE TORTAGES!!!

That said, T4 gear has already screwed up all of pve content and ruined most of the challenge, what's T5 gonna do? Will everything become Atzel's Fortress now? Maybe they'll pull off a new item tier without screwing up everything further but I don't trust it.

I'm seeing sentences saying there's planning on T5 without confirming that Cetriss will be T5. If I was prone to being paranoid, I could draw all sorts of conclusions from that.

"new ways to play my favorite class"? What does that exactly mean? I know it's supposed to be a teaser but it's far too vague and cryptic to be anything other than annoying. Nobody likes teasers.

But the single most important thing in the history of AoC is Tortage so this letter is the awesomest letter in the history of monthly letters. MAKE MOAR TORTAGE!!! I'd buy the **** out of a Tortage Expansion/DLC on day1. Get to it FC, it's your licence to print money.

Quote Originally Posted by Marechal View Post
    again melee combos?? last new combos for a class focused ranged (yes ranger this it) was deft stabs and cripple, two combos focused melee, ridiculous. Melee combos for Ranger is a complement, for help in some situations, mainly CC....
    Ranger actually, when you use 100% of their tools, and without linebreaker, is not easy to a retard point.
    The melee khitai are really cool, don't know what anyone could complain about them, beside those who never use it ofc, but why care about people using half of a class tools.
    Hey, they could add some real combos with that, I would buy it for example.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Funcom need more when nostalgia & Tortage to save deserted servers

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast