Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – April 2014 Discussion

To sum up this letter : It is complicated

They are caught in the D&D powerloop

If they go t5, they really should disconnect pvp from pve. But then they would have to admit the adjustment of pvpgear and grind in pvp was not a good idea, so i doubt this will happen. So there will be even a bigger gap, more grind and less new players.

What will be done as new stuff or gameworld expansion for the whole game population (e.g. lvl20-80, sub AND f2p)?

No mention of random elements, new lands or cities, craft revamp, factions, achievments...

...and what about guild renown??

But the part with "the hyborian race" was understandable.
    About unchained minis: Check the old neverwinter nights multiplayer modules. Plenty of ideas how to handle these and arenas.

Will the anniversary give something for f2p to participate, too?

The "shadows of the past" idea looks nice so far, too. I hope it will be doable for normal people and involve no permanent replacement of old content But revisiting and expanding sounds fine!
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd May 2014 at 20:36.

A nice info there, I like the fact that Cetris will be released as a whole, looking forward to T5 and all of those new cool additions. But FC must hurry up, that raid is long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    They are caught in the D&D powerloop

If they go t5, they really should disconnect pvp from pve. But then they would have to admit the adjustment of pvpgear and grind in pvp was not a good idea, so i doubt this will happen. So there will be even a bigger gap, more grind and less new players.
    I admit that I was really looking forward to Unchained minigames. But I don't quite get why you think the adjustments made to pvp gear were a bad thing? I mean PvP T1 is quite easy to get in game (even easier for credit card warriors of course). And it now is reasonably competitive.

No doubt Unchained minigames would have been preferable since they would have made minigames independent of future PvE progression. But I take Joel as saying that they don't really have the resources to pull this off in a reasonable amount of time.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

so other t5 raids are coming before the Palace of Cetriss, this is nice and I hope they will be those long fargotten instances mentioned in-the game (or dev screenshots from 2009) as TEMPLE OF TURGA or the TEMPLE OF YMIR in cimmeria.

I am curious how will the gear progress look like then, as for now we are locked on T4 max cap, and all those unchained dungeons/dragon spines are minor upgrades or alternatives to khitai gear.
    The body is but a vessel for the soul, a puppet which bends to the soul's tyranny. And lo, the body is not eternal, for it must feed on the flesh of others, lest it return to the dust from whence it came. Therefore must the soul deceive, despise and murder men.
    ---
    Zarathustra - Dark Templar
    Utawarerumono - Bear Shaman
    Caim - Herald of Xotli
    Silmeria - Assassin
    Nekoruru - Conqueror
    Manah - Priest of Mitra
    Samanosuke - Guardian
    Isztaria - Demonologist
    Lenethia - Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by LordCaim View Post
    so other t5 raids are coming before the Palace of Cetriss, this is nice and I hope they will be those long fargotten instances mentioned in-the game (or dev screenshots from 2009) as TEMPLE OF TURGA or the TEMPLE OF YMIR in cimmeria.
    hoping the same
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    I admit that I was really looking forward to Unchained minigames. But I don't quite get why you think the adjustments made to pvp gear were a bad thing? I mean PvP T1 is quite easy to get in game (even easier for credit card warriors of course). And it now is reasonably competitive.

No doubt Unchained minigames would have been preferable since they would have made minigames independent of future PvE progression. But I take Joel as saying that they don't really have the resources to pull this off in a reasonable amount of time.
    My problem with the gear is simple and situational:
    - it is not balanced (i can proof this with calculations)
    - it is orientated along the more powerful gear, thus keeping the gap and philosophy behind the existing progression (if you draw the power progression curve, it should be obvious why i am not satisfied with the changes)

This results in more people fighting with this gear (which means a lot of con, prot, critigation and tenacity), making it maybe faster for new 80s to get it, but not easier or more fun. The right way would have been to lower the progression in pvp a lot. What they can do now though, is to work on fun ways to pvp (like a consequence system in open pvp, a reward change to avoid people picking only easy targets etc.) and add more steps gearwise like a tier0 and t0,5 set (or otherwise) to close the gap.

Another thing about unchained minigames is to look at how "mount and blade" handled the tournaments.

So many promises and they so complicated

but new weapon combos, new items and new ways to play your favorite class are all on the table!
    I had a hard on. Especially new combos and new ways to play classes. I have high expectations about rangers, at melee especially ^^ but whatever, exited by this a lot.
    Water is my bubble
    __________________________________________________ ____
    Religolibri (10) Ranger, trying something else
    Amtihotep (10) Hox, Using copy paste poss/gen feat

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Religolibri View Post
    I had a hard on. Especially new combos and new ways to play classes. I have high expectations about rangers, at melee especially ^^ but whatever, exited by this a lot.
    again melee combos?? last new combos for a class focused ranged (yes ranger this it) was deft stabs and cripple, two combos focused melee, ridiculous. Melee combos for Ranger is a complement, for help in some situations, mainly CC.

Ranger needs new bow/crossbow combos.

you should have a problem of self affirmation, as you seem to say:
    Religolibri: "hey, I play with an easy class, but I use melee combos, I'm not too ridiculous, only slightly!"

is how I see,

You will want to play class one-handed? go play with a dark templar and good lucky!
    Last edited by Marechal; 3rd May 2014 at 02:12.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast