Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Director Letter – April 2014 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Phil77 View Post
    Yes, t4 is/was superior like it should. I don't care where you use that t4 gear, if its pvp or lower tier raids. Funcom don't care either. Highest tier raid equipment needs to be superior to anything else. The way it is acquired have to protect its position as the superior equipment.
    You cannot kill t4 bosses alone but you can get the best pvp gear alone.
    You don't care because you don't play PvP, that makes your comment absolutely pointless (other than illogic).

Anyway I'm 100% sure developers already understand that your comments about PvE gear having to be superior in PvP are clueless, so it's really time to stop feeding your trolling.

And btw, I have 4 full or almost full T4 chars, so I know well what are impacts of T4 gear in PvP.
    I just like this game too much to enjoy seeing potential fresh new PvP players kicked out of game by insane gear gap.
    PvP T4 gear itself doesn't grant PvP success, but in the hands of experienced PvP players it creates too much gap.

PvP gear was recently fixed, and this proofs that developers clearly finally realized these problems, and I'm confident they will not repeat old errors with PvE T5 gear, whatever you keep on trolling or not.
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 5th May 2014 at 15:26.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post
    You don't care because you don't play PvP, that makes your comment absolutely pointless (other than illogic).

Anyway I'm 100% sure developers already understand that your comments about PvE gear having to be superior in PvE are clueless, so it's really time to stop feeding your trolling.
    ehhh? Talking about logic fail... Ofc Pve gear has to be superior in Pve!

EDIT: Ahhh, Ninja is fast editor
    Barb: Thomaran
    Hox1: Mweru
    Dt: Haikuju
    Hox2: Shugorann
    Tos: Nephertites
    Sin: Leogetz
    Necro: Viggomortis
    and others...

"The sky is green. It is because I say it is. And because I said it on the internet."

Was typo error come on
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

I used to think my t2 raid gear was warranted and that because I got kills I was a good player because I could complete raid content being only pvp 2 back in 1.5.

Guess what, I realized I was an overly geared trash nobody who was winning because my gear and class carried me. I had no movement, clicked, keyboard turned, and had not one keybind.

I then realized that getting raid gear did not equate to any measure of skill and from the point on I sought pvp progression only and since then I have become a better player than anyone who cannot admit that one truth to themselves:

Gear does not make a player good. All these pvers who want to keep pve gear the best for everything fit my story, except they did not want to get better or achieve more, they want to succeed staying trash and getting their AA/gear on the backs of others.

Special thanks to Kyrptoshaman for explaining keybinds and circle strafing to me back in 2009, ever since then it's been downhill
    Last edited by Suctum; 5th May 2014 at 15:36.
    Doomsayer 2008

Quote Originally Posted by Shiwan View Post
    No it is utter nonsense you should deserve best gear available. Deserve it and not to be only very bad skilless player who is just member of the right raiding guild. As PvP player you are mostly also grouped in encounters which are apparently harder than some PvE fights. And yes it is also related to time spend in game. For PvP lvls 10 you have to fight within few years. For T4 or future T5 not. Thats why it is nonsence and you manifest PvE stupidity in its worst form. This is riduculous.
    While you are right to say that PvE raiders don't deserve the best raid gear, this has nothing to do with PvEers being "very bad" or "skilless". To the contrary, if you give the best gear to the "best" or "most skillful" players you make PvP needlessly hard for players who still need to learn. It leads to fight-clubbing between people who were good at the point when the gear was introduced, keeping out new players (who might eventually become good themselves, absent the gear issue), and eventually killing competition.

This is, of course, the argument why PvP power creep is a bad idea in general, quite irrespective of the PvE impact on PvP.

By contrast, if you agree to a PvP power creep, it is hard not to accept Bibik's argument that players should get viable PvP equipment through PvE, since that actually reduces entry barriers for new players to participate in PvP.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

You don't see the point i'm trying to make. Has nothing to do with how much time it takes to get gear.

An item that needs 23 other people to acquire need to be more powerful than an item you can get by playing the game solo, alone.
    So you think that sieges should in fact grant better gear than raid gear by that logic no?
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Usedtissue View Post
    So you think that sieges should in fact grant better gear than raid gear by that logic no?
    No. Lol. You really are a used tissue.

He was going by exactly what your previous post said. Your pve logic is flawed. Fail. Giggity.

TYVM, Your saying that activities that require more people (therefore more coordination) should be rewarded with better gear yes? That's what YOU have said. Now I tell you that sieges have more than double the amount of total players than a raid. By your own logic, sieges should give the best gear then.

Actually lets expand on that, many open world battles have many more than 24 people on each side so for open world pvp you should be able to get better gear by raiding using YOUR own logic.
    Usedtissue Necro 10//Emptycan ToS 7//Puggles HoX 6//Ammagaden Guard 5//Trollololo Conq 5//Bottlecap DT 2

PM me to sign the Minigame buddy sign-up petition: (http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...40#post2135540)

Quote Originally Posted by Korando-AoC View Post

Anyway I'm 100% sure developers already understand that your comments about PvE gear having to be superior in PvP are clueless, so it's really time to stop feeding your trolling.

And btw, I have 4 full or almost full T4 chars, so I know well what are impacts of T4 gear in PvP.
    I just like this game too much to enjoy seeing potential fresh new PvP players kicked out of game by insane gear gap.
    PvP T4 gear itself doesn't grant PvP success, but in the hands of experienced PvP players it creates too much gap.

PvP gear was recently fixed, and this proofs that developers clearly finally realized these problems, and I'm confident they will not repeat old errors with PvE T5 gear, whatever you keep on trolling or not.
    I don't care where or how t4 gear is being used. I did not bring that up. I have no interest in such thing. You dummies keep bringing up pvp and i don't care. I also don't care about the gap that t4 gear made against the whatever level pvp gear. Not my concern. Everyone is free to enter t4 raids and get those items.

One other thing i don't care about is the bragging about your full t4 toons. You are not the only one with t4 items. Having t4 gear don't make you good or expert of things, it did not make you good two years ago when you got your first piece and it certainly dont make you good now in the present. I'm not interested in your achievements.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast