Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bear Shaman PvP

Quote Originally Posted by viroku View Post
    Ye it isnt everything but its damn hard to be competitive with 200 ms. Some people even have way more than that
    But regardless of latency and pots this is really good bs play.
    Thank you! My latency is around 50ms on a average. However, as of late, I have noticed server lag a lot lately. I play through it.

For PvP videos, I like running with crit pots cause it is fun to watch the big crits in a video.

I posted another video in the original post today. Fun match!

Quote Originally Posted by Rohaus View Post
    Thank you! My latency is around 50ms on a average. However, as of late, I have noticed server lag a lot lately. I play through it.

For PvP videos, I like running with crit pots cause it is fun to watch the big crits in a video.

I posted another video in the original post today. Fun match!
    Is it possible to have your build

Quote Originally Posted by trusted31 View Post
    Is it possible to have your build
    http://aocfeats.com/feat/bs/11d3b21c...ad083afc43adcc

Here you go.

QQ...mine was before moving servers to US side around 30mS, now Im jealous

Quote Originally Posted by -Hyen- View Post
    QQ...mine was before moving servers to US side around 30mS, now Im jealous
    Actually, what I am referring to when I say server lag is players that bounce around or rather teleport. I am not referring to a hack. I believe the issue is players that are playing from much farther distances from the server. Their movement can be quite sporadic. So, when folks complain about high latency, the issue is two fold. It may be hard for someone with high latency to land combos but it can be equally hard to land combos on that person with high latency as the server isn't able to properly predict movement. I don't know... I could be totally wrong about that...

That explains why your play always seemed so crisp to me (back then), Hyen
    30 ms really is omg latency.

It's very easy to see from Rohaus videos here what advantage US players have over EU.
    GIEVE BACK MY 2H BLUNT RANGE, on targets running away it's a very noticeble loss of range (cut in half almost)

Not to take anything away from Rohaus, the guy has very nice team presence and lays down proper smackings ^_^

Actually, what I am referring to when I say server lag is players that bounce around or rather teleport. I am not referring to a hack. I believe the issue is players that are playing from much farther distances from the server. Their movement can be quite sporadic. So, when folks complain about high latency, the issue is two fold. It may be hard for someone with high latency to land combos but it can be equally hard to land combos on that person with high latency as the server isn't able to properly predict movement. I don't know... I could be totally wrong about that...
    I know what you mean it happened when the russians came to EU servers. On classes with speedbuffs in particular it becomes nasty to deal with.

Playing as EU these days, I can predict movement from US player and hit a combo before he's in range on my screen, but server will give me a hit because actually the US guy is "ahead of time"...
    or I don't know how to explain it properly, or how it works exactly, but it's what happens.
    Last edited by Lurvi; 19th May 2014 at 19:08.

Went from stable 30-40 ms up to unstable 130-160 with 20 second. 300 ms spikes with other yellow and red bar spikes.

It was like turning the game difficulty from Novice to So-Legendary-now-guess-where-they-teleport-next

Sometimes people completely disappear and I then see them on the horizon.

Ridiculous trying play sin against players that sprint hop exploit the latency when they change direction
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Adding a tenth of a second to existing latency sucked but third of a second delays for 20 seconds at a time... And that's only half the message. Adds up to more than double your latency most of the time for two way plus processing.

Combos landed on someone's face going red "missed" is defo not why I play conan -.-
    Last edited by Surgery; 20th May 2014 at 12:26.
    Funcom's Latency Detonation crits you for 4800 millisecond damage. Claret died.

Did you try using VPN stuff Surgery ? I can't play without it since the servers moved to the US. You're ping doesn't get lowered but at least it's stable with it. It's worth a try.
    Vali~The Mental Mushroom
    Vehl~The Pink Flamingo
    Vahlie~Redhead's bane
    Tisane~Kettle of Xotli
    Nvah~ . . .

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast