Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Bear Shaman PvP

I tried VPN-like solutions like WTFast from different locations where I have lived/played im my country (Italy).

Actually from some locations it helped a lot, with ping drop down from 300ms to 150ms more or less; such a gain happens when provider IP routing is not optimal.
    From other locations the gain was a lot lower, basically just a bit more stability (less lags), almost non noticeable.

Anyway I would suggest to try WTFast (or similar program) to everyone, since at least 1 month is available as free trial.

About gameplay and PvP, yes it's shame on some classes.
    It's even absurd how mages almost benefit of very high ping.
    I know a necro from Ambrosia (I don't remember the name) who drives me crazy when I play on my sin.
    I see him teleporting all the time (literally he continually disappears and reappears 3-5 meters away all the time) and he is almost uncatchable.
    I sent him tells couple of times, and he replied posting me a screenshot which shows ping > 300 ms, and explaining he plays from Arabia.
    I honestly believed to that guy, but it's crazy the effect of that lag.

On the opposite side melee classes (sin, BS for me) are harder to play.
    I noticed huge difference when playing BS with 170 or 220 ms ping for example.
    I would not reccomend to anyone to play melee with above 200ms ping.

I got pretty used to play with 160 +-10 ms instead, and I still believe it's okish.
    Of course I cry a bit when I see videos like those Rohaus posted, I'd like so much to experience that crispness for at least some time.
    But it's still possible to play.
    Lags create more problems than ling in general.
    Just duels are off for me (no more duels for me, especially with americans). But minigames look okish, and hopefully world PvP too.

On topic, great videos m8.
    I have watched all your videos, very nice skill, teamplay and nuking.
    Ping makes some difference, but skill makes by far the most
    You should try maybe a Muti build time by time, for some variety and a bit of extra-kills.
    Keep them coming please!
    Last edited by Korando-AoC; 20th May 2014 at 14:16.
    Retired nab.. once it was Korando (PvP 10 BS), Andromaeda (PvP 10 Sin), Calore (PvP 10 Demo) and minions...

VPNs that you can experiment with : http://www.frozenway.com/ (it's French but free and the UI can be set to English, it does offer servers in several "key" countries, for free users you only get FR/NL/GER though)

http://incloak.com/ > has a free trial and plenty of very solid servers worldwide.

There's many others such as WTFast mentioned above.

Few are free (or when they are they have heavy limitations) but it's always a good idea to try one since it will help you know where the issue lies (in the overwhelmingly vast majority of cases it's your ISP, unless it's lag that everyone else gets at the same time as you do)
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234