Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PvP Festival

Funcom

Timers will start as soon as the server hits midnight GMT. Events should enter their warmup periods around 20mins after the previous one ends.

Quote Originally Posted by dagdasamildanac View Post
    hope plenty of players will come - since its really vital to check it correctly -
    The intention with online players being eligible for rewards between the preset time periods is that we can have some testing with some more concentrated numbers at that time. (Though events will run the whole day (actually the whole weekend)).

I should be on myself at some point between those hours but I'm not really going to have the opportunity to do much in the way of GM assisting (I'm getting married in 1 month so spare time isn't something I have a lot of at the moment ).
    plus we want to check the automated system is working correctly in a live environment.
    Last edited by CirithGorgor; 2nd May 2014 at 21:01.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    I'm getting married in 1 month so spare time isn't something I have a lot of at the moment
    Ah so you starting biggest pvp match of your life
    Wish you all the best

Unfortunately, I couldn't get my bear to copy over to test live. I read others posting issues with that. Anyways, I wasn't able to get on test live until 9pm at which point I was too tired to go through the hassle of configuring my bear shaman...

At any rate, how was the PvP event? To those that participated, what are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Rohaus View Post
    Unfortunately, I couldn't get my bear to copy over to test live. I read others posting issues with that. Anyways, I wasn't able to get on test live until 9pm at which point I was too tired to go through the hassle of configuring my bear shaman...

At any rate, how was the PvP event? To those that participated, what are your thoughts?
    still some issues to be worked out.
    .the choosen new thinguie ended up being a group event given guy with buff doesnt get red(enemy) to everyone and remains inguild and ingroup

.field of slaughter is too easy to manipulate with a zerg and also this version didnt spawn epic mobs so i easily imagine at low attendency times people can afk pvp tokens near flag.

.arenas of death group was okaish

.arena of death solo is painfull as a mage or clothie :P but still chaotic fun, i dont think the typical k/d whores will venture to do this .

as expected inbetween events some people flame you and send hate tells other have olympic running skills once hit once .

looks promising content and its extra nice its open world and not instanced maps.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Funcom

We are currently working on changing the logic for "the chosen" event so that its more viable for solo players and offers the chance for the buff to be moved around more often.

We are also looking at ways to make final improvements to the logic behind both the Fields of Slaughter and Team Arena events.

Sound just like I predicted, squishies get decimated all game and the classes that favor survivability or take to long to kill get to do whatever they want unopposed all game, at least for the solo arena.

Anyone could have seen that coming though.
    Doomsayer 2008

Funcom

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    Sound just like I predicted, squishies get decimated all game and the classes that favor survivability or take to long to kill get to do whatever they want unopposed all game, at least for the solo arena.

Anyone could have seen that coming though.
    Its hard to change that through the arena logic itself; but that is why rewards / 'victory' is given out on an archetype basis.

For sure the solo Arena will be pretty frantic but that is intentional as it is aimed as a feature that more casual players can enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by CirithGorgor View Post
    Its hard to change that through the arena logic itself; but that is why rewards / 'victory' is given out on an archetype basis.

For sure the solo Arena will be pretty frantic but that is intentional as it is aimed as a feature that more casual players can enjoy.
    2 things i think would encourage people doing that solo event:

the top 3 per archtype win tokens + an xp/prowess enhancer buff lasting an hour, logic its unfair rock pve farming gives pvp buffs and real pvp doesnt.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

I've been there and enjoyed it very much!

The solo arena could become a lot more interesting with some class tweaks (I'm thinking of the ones aimed at soldiers in particular, hope we don't have to wait too long to see them come to live).

The previous TL event was vastly better because there was a lot more players and plenty to do (premades, duels, the open world events...). We also had the proposed class changes to spice things up but this time we didn't
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12