Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 why is it still not f2p

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Trying to win f2p as customers without forcing them to sub, should be a goal...not treating them like cost factors or second class (which they are not...plenty of valid arguments for that around).
    Totally agree with that. Funcom treats f2p players as 2nd class customers, regardless how much they spent in the store. If you don't sub, you're limited, at least for the gold limit.

Funcom should introduce the f2p system as an equivalent payment system. This does not require much changes:

1. Give full access rights to all chat channels when customer has spent more than 1200 points in the shop.

2. Offer an option to remove the gold limit, maybe for 600 points.

3. Give f2p players full access to everything ingame (all dungeons, raids, khitai etc.), but increase the cooldown, i.e. 7 days for khitai reputation quests, 14 days for khitai 6-men dungeons, 28 days for raids. Then sell cooldown remover in the shop.

Additionally, Funcom could give more benefits to subs, i.e. more exp, more aa, one piece of vanity armor every month like they do in tsw, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadok View Post
    Totally agree with that. Funcom treats f2p players as 2nd class customers, regardless how much they spent in the store. If you don't sub, you're limited, at least for the gold limit.

Funcom should introduce the f2p system as an equivalent payment system. This does not require much changes:
    1)If someone can't afford being premium I'm sure he is not spending so much in the store.
    2)The called f2p MMOs are far more expensive than the subscription ones.
    3)<troll mode>This game was aimed at adult people. If there is an adult that can't afford 8$ a mounth, maybe has more important things to do than playing on line games.</troll mode> If you like this game the sub is cheaper than most of other hobbies I can think right now.
    Last edited by xiulo88; 13th May 2014 at 13:01.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    But when I've only played 25 hours in the last 12 months £85 is a lot to spend.
    Hey Blynd - long time no see....

Just a small point. The year's sub is £68.41 not £85 (Shax said the cost was 85 Euros). You seen the cost of a Dominos and a few beers lately??

T2 is still being pug'ed daily although many of us cant remember the colour of Chatha's underwear. So dumbed down or not the content is still active. Subs still run through T2 so it doesn't make sense for FC to populate T2 with f2p.
    Last edited by Drinn; 13th May 2014 at 22:28.
    Drinn(BS), Septra(ToS), Maelmordha(DT), Prinn(Demo), Krinn(Sin), Grinn(G) plus many others....

how about just stop been a tight ass and sub for content

World bosses drop T1-T2. Thats why T2 must be also F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinn View Post
    Hey Blynd - long time no see....

Just a small point. The year's sub is £68.41 not £85 (Shax said the cost was 85 Euros). You seen the cost of a Dominos and a few beers lately??

T2 is still being pug'ed daily although many of us cant remember the colour of Chatha's underwear. So dumbed down or not the content is still active. Subs still run through T2 so it doesn't make sense for FC to populate T2 with f2p.
    Hey mate

Its not the cost and guys quoting the monthly as the annual cost/ 12 months isn't the same as someone who subs on a monthly basis

But and as I've said before I don't play it enough to justify spending £65 for the year. That works out at about £3 per hour based on my last 12 months gaming on aoc so it's not worth it to me and I won't give funcom a year's sub when there isn't any real new content. Where is the next expansion? Where is crafting revamp? Where is hox revamp? All stuff that's been talked about for 2 years!!!

As a casual gamer I don't want to feel I have to play a game cause I've paid my sub I want to want to play the game and atm f2p allows me to at least pvp when I get the urge to play aoc but I'd also like to be able to just jump in a T2 raid for some lols and run out an alt for a bit of a change.
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by blynd View Post
    Hey mate

Its not the cost and guys quoting the monthly as the annual cost/ 12 months isn't the same as someone who subs on a monthly basis

But and as I've said before I don't play it enough to justify spending £65 for the year. That works out at about £3 per hour based on my last 12 months gaming on aoc so it's not worth it to me and I won't give funcom a year's sub when there isn't any real new content. Where is the next expansion? Where is crafting revamp? Where is hox revamp? All stuff that's been talked about for 2 years!!!

As a casual gamer I don't want to feel I have to play a game cause I've paid my sub I want to want to play the game and atm f2p allows me to at least pvp when I get the urge to play aoc but I'd also like to be able to just jump in a T2 raid for some lols and run out an alt for a bit of a change.
    ... 3 pounds/hour? mate, if you're not going to play 25 hours a year what do you care about t2 raids? you are going to do 2 or 3 in a year if you are into pvp too.
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

Quote Originally Posted by xiulo88 View Post
    ... 3 pounds/hour? mate, if you're not going to play 25 hours a year what do you care about t2 raids? you are going to do 2 or 3 in a year if you are into pvp too.
    Correct but I'd like the option and you never know I may play more if it was available but as it stands atm that's what I've played in the last 12 months.

Technology is might

Quote Originally Posted by beatart View Post
    World bosses drop T1-T2. Thats why T2 must be also F2P.
    WB also drops Simple IIIs so by your logic T3 should be f2p as well then?
    Last edited by Drinn; 15th May 2014 at 16:01.
    Drinn(BS), Septra(ToS), Maelmordha(DT), Prinn(Demo), Krinn(Sin), Grinn(G) plus many others....

Quote Originally Posted by Drinn View Post
    WB also drops Simple IIIs so by your logic T3 should be f2p as well then?
    Hey I wouldn't complain but I think if they opened up T2 it would be a start.

Remember though I'm not just asking for me but for other f2p people who would appreciate T2 becoming available

Technology is might

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast