Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: T2 why is it still not f2p

Quote Originally Posted by Loaf-of-Evil View Post
    So if aoc was free, you would just magically have more time to play? Also, in the previous post, you stated about not wanting/having the extra $7 a month. Yet, you spent money on the computer, internet, other games, time on these games, forums, etc.

Your actions are exactly opposite of your words.

Sorry if you are having time/money problems bro, but demanding companies give you stuff for free really isn't an option. Get off your high horse and sub. Enough interest from subs, might even give aoc the boost it needs.

Giggity.
    i have limited time to play yes but what time i have to play i dedicate to those games that interest me and i like, yes i like AOC but i prefer PS2 and so spend the vast majority of my gaming time there but occasionally i pop on to AOC. If there was more to do in aoc and there was a better sub/f2p model then id split my time better but as it stands in the last 12 months ive played AOC for maybe 25 hours but in PS2 i play maybe 4 hours a week, but those 4 hours are not prime raid time and are made up of anything from a 30 minute bit of time to a 3 hour ops night occasionally or 4 1 hour sessions it varies but aoc is much less flexible time wise and because of that i stopped raiding properly then as i played less i decided the sub wasnt worth the time i spend in game and so unsubbed its that simple. if their sub was either less or certain parts of the game ie old world were f2p i would probably spend less time in ps2 and more in aoc but its not just for me im asking i bet there are plenty of f2p players who are of the same feeling.

Yes you sub and thats great. but i dont see the point in spending money on a sub i will hardly use but when i do play aoc id like to do more stuff then whats currently available
    Blynd - Official AOC Slacker since April 2008
    Blindrana - Failing to heal since 2008
    Rybekka - failing to tank since forever

can be found in Auraxis killing smurfs and baboons.

Technology is might

You have played for 4 years, obviously still want to play, so sub up when the anniversarry sub offers hit in less than a month.

I mean, you log into the games forum, start a thread about stuff YOU WANT TO PLAY, so be a big boy and sub...
    This is not going to work, since big boys can choose what to play and for what they want to pay. A sub is a convenience bundle and it is THEIR job to make it worth to buy (7 euros > 7 dollars still). And when subs are going down, maybe cater the f2p players a bit and find out alternative modes of revenue.

Btw, you can now only pay with credit card and paypal. A popular european method of paying got disabled recently (not all funcoms fault here, though), but this will affect the revenue, since the offered methods are not for everyone available.

How can someone read blynds post and not see a problem with target audience here? What product does funcom offer for these people? Why should i sub? Just because it is cheap is not working (again), because not subbing is always cheaper And just because i do not wish to sub, does not mean i would not pay for stuff i find suited for my tastes.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 2nd May 2014 at 20:45.

It's $7 a month. If you like it, sub. If you don't/can't that's fine, but stop acting like babies throwing tantrums on the forum.

This should be the "big baby" section, instead of f2p section. I mean, no one is forcing you to pay, play, post, rage...

Giggity?

It's $7 a month. If you like it, sub. If you don't/can't that's fine, but stop acting like babies throwing tantrums on the forum.

This should be the "big baby" section, instead of f2p section. I mean, no one is forcing you to pay, play, post, rage...

Giggity?
    Lmfao the only person raging would be yourself. I made a suggestion you disagree in the grand scheme of things it doesn't matter it's only a game and I would suggest maybe seeking professional help if a simple suggestion makes you rage.

Technology is might

As others said.. Get the annual subscriptions at, what is it, 45% discount? It's just stupid to pay monthly, that is almost twice the cost, or more if you get the offers with extra included game time.

€85 for a year, divided by 12 makes €7 monthly, which in Norwegian currency is around NOK 60,- and I have to work 15 minutes to earn that sum and play my game for a month.

I agree with you though, all of the old world stuff should be F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Shax84 View Post
    As others said.. Get the annual subscriptions at, what is it, 45% discount? It's just stupid to pay monthly, that is almost twice the cost, or more if you get the offers with extra included game time.

€85 for a year, divided by 12 makes €7 monthly, which in Norwegian currency is around NOK 60,- and I have to work 15 minutes to earn that sum and play my game for a month.

I agree with you though, all of the old world stuff should be F2P.
    But when I've only played 25 hours in the last 12 months £85 is a lot to spend.

There are so mantissa still present in game that made me leave in the first place so why should u sub again and have the same frustrations

Technology is might

If you only play 25 hours the last year why are you even arguing to put a raid up to F2P? 25 hours over a year isn't even enough to log on and set your AA's across all the characters as they time out.

Your logic is flawed
    If someone does not play as much, it can be an indicator of a lot of things...not being content with the offers one of it. So, most likely, if the offer is changed (like a better f2p system, better access to play with friends again, additional stuff in lower tiers etc.) these players might play more again.
    On the other hand, if you have a limited rl time to play, the offer better has to be good to be worth even the 85 pounds. And you are not one to judge, what people consider worth to buy or not With the actual f2p model you must also add a "worth to play" factor.

Of course, if you wait too long with welcomed changes, these players might not even recognize or be not content with them...just because they do not care anymore, left or have reached such a high expectation level or they combine too much bad emotions with the game, that what might have brought them back after 1 year is not enough to bring them back after 2 years.

Trying to win f2p as customers without forcing them to sub, should be a goal...not treating them like cost factors or second class (which they are not...plenty of valid arguments for that around).
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 5th May 2014 at 06:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Trying to win f2p as customers without forcing them to sub, should be a goal...not treating them like cost factors or second class (which they are not...plenty of valid arguments for that around).
    That would require a working ingame store with lots of cheap stuff...vanity, vanity, vanity. Recent trend with introducing new powerful items with ridiculous price tags is a step in a wrong direction.
    Emirri - Dark Templar
    Naerri - Herald of Xotli, Arrienne, Argene, Barbeena, Conqubinne, Shaniz, Shinzei, Laylani and Dorela

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt2013 View Post
    Your logic is flawed
    If someone does not play as much, it can be an indicator of a lot of things...not being content with the offers one of it. So, most likely, if the offer is changed (like a better f2p system, better access to play with friends again, additional stuff in lower tiers etc.) these players might play more again.
    On the other hand, if you have a limited rl time to play, the offer better has to be good to be worth even the 85 pounds. And you are not one to judge, what people consider worth to buy or not With the actual f2p model you must also add a "worth to play" factor.

Of course, if you wait too long with welcomed changes, these players might not even recognize or be not content with them...just because they do not care anymore, left or have reached such a high expectation level or they combine too much bad emotions with the game, that what might have brought them back after 1 year is not enough to bring them back after 2 years.

Excellent argument.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast