Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Arena of Death - A Joke of PVP content

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    So the scores will look like this then:

Guard 30:4
    PoM: 30:7
    Ranger:30:12
    Necro:30:25

I think you missed the point that squishies will pretty much be free kills in either solo or team setting with limited LoS and all the burst that exists now. Even if you win your archetype your going to still be coming from the rez pad every 15 seconds on a hox, demo, necro, tos, and possibly sin/barb. Events like this are all about survivability, not dps other than burst.
    the point is its pvp content some will hate it because its too harsh other will like it.
    i am not afraid to go in and kill or die, ranged class will need to find a good spot to go on or move around alot they wont get more targeted then they already are because event is realy chaotic, you will focus lowest on health near you rather then squichiest class near you.

i am very much looking foward to try out group version of this event, and do hope top 2 players of each archtype get rewarded in solo event.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

Maybe this needs some flexibility and tactics from the players too. It looks like coordinated action in chaos will be rewarded...be it focusing the ranged units or preventing them to reach the spots.

It seems obvious to me from the video, that this will be a killwhores nightmare...a bit like the fights around worldbosses. No "skill" or gear can help you avoid dying...but isn't that part of the point of an "arena of death"?

On the other hand i agree, that the burst and hitcrit focus, combined with the prot, tenacity and con on newest gear compared to "standard" gear might lead to get the "fun" of such event pretty stale soon (too uniform, too unbalanced, too predictable and farmable maybe). It might become content for the same people already strong and thus a minority
    But that is what you get when you are too stubborn to work on the system and use an engine not fit for the needed calculations for most locations in the world.

Still this can be adressed designwise a bit...just give incentives to focus the strong instead of the weak. And work on the engine behaviour in pvp...(movement speed, synchronizing, priorities, hitboxes, instant stuff, exploits etc.).
    I do hope as well, that especially during the start phase, these events will be logged and monitored to get clues, hints and a handle against hackers and exploiters.
    Last edited by Kurt2013; 25th April 2014 at 05:24.

Quote Originally Posted by Suctum View Post
    So the scores will look like this then:

Guard 30:4
    PoM: 30:7
    Ranger:30:12
    Necro:30:25

I think you missed the point that squishies will pretty much be free kills in either solo or team setting with limited LoS and all the burst that exists now. Even if you win your archetype your going to still be coming from the rez pad every 15 seconds on a hox, demo, necro, tos, and possibly sin/barb. Events like this are all about survivability and target priority.

I'd rather see some kind of arena set up for teams, 2v2, 3v3, 6v6, or 12v12 that rewards group play rather than these attempts to make it look balanced. Who is going to want to play a HoX in any of these events and die 50 times, group or not?

I think conq will get more kills than guardian
    The Law

Quote Originally Posted by Derled View Post
    I think conq will get more kills than guardian
    Probably, it's just an example. I watched the first video of the first 2 events (not 4.2 changes) and all I saw was every squishy being sent to the pad immediately once they came off, with conqs, guards, and poms just doing whatever ignored.

It was funny to watch DT's get melted just as quick though...
    Last edited by Suctum; 25th April 2014 at 09:37.
    Doomsayer 2008

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123