Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Default UI Enhanced

Quote Originally Posted by Yorgomir View Post
    nice one!

if you'd take one row off at each end, you could fill the 8 empty slots in the middle...
    - but I think this would look a bit strange, since the left-action/perk bar would be split in two rows (don't even know, if that works at all); same for the upper right action bar...
    Yeah I have tried something like that but this is the original width, and if i shave of more it gets hard to fit targets target on the right side there. Those 8 extra slots in the middle actually works but they are not key-bindable.

Made another style

this one is wider on the right side. works with 3 rows aswell.

possible to make larger panels as the default?

Talking sweet!

@Airtosha:
    don't exactly get what you mean by "default" - default in the installer?

@Smurfas[1]:
    Those 8 extra slots in the middle actually works but they are not key-bindable.
    well, that's nice - more slots than originally planned to have by Funcom
    - one could place all those rarely-used actions/items there, no need to ever open the inventory again only for that purpose!
    such as: using items and/or performing actions one hardly ever does in the middle of a fight; i.e. really no need to key-bind those...
    (e.g. refreshing the 4h pots, shrinking the Demo's Pet, lighting a camp-fire, rolling a coin/dice, ...)

@Smurfas[2]:
    interesting layout, don't know what people think about the asymmetrical layout and *not* having the 5 directional buttons bunched up
    (well this still can be achieved when placing left-down on Extra-8 and right-down on Extra-10
    - but then one would lose the multi-bar switching for these two keys; not that those attacking keys would ever change tho... )

anyway, I as well have made a new layout: a wide one fitting all 59 buttons on two rows only
    - addressed to gamers playing on a wide-screen(16:9) monitor

...and have plans for an even wider layout, fitting both full extra bars on the lower row and keep the upper one only for the left-/right action bars
    - that's addressed for ultra-widescreen(23:10) monitors...
    (the latter one needs some additional graphics first as there no longer is a common left/right end anymore)

I would like to have 8 slots in the row of inventory (now is 6). How can I change it?

Quote Originally Posted by beatart View Post
    I would like to have 8 slots in the row of inventory (now is 6). How can I change it?
    in principle you'd need to modify two things:
    - new graphics: either a wider main window (container of the slots),
    or smaller slots (75% of their current size) to make 8 slots fit in one row i.s.o. only 6 as of now
    - adapt the according XML view, so the game 'knows' where the slots are located on the screen

in fact, you mainly need to modify the XML, as the graphics' positions are described by that file as well as the positions of the slots...
    - you may get around the need to draw new graphics by downscaling the existing slot graphics,
    but I am too new in that matter still to make a trustworthy statement here

Default of the inventory is 4x6 and I made it 6x9, this was the best (i think), but you can squeeze in how many u like but the slot will become very small since you cant modify the width of the popup-widow. But you can always modify if you want too.

Go to Age of Conan\data\gui\Customized\views\MainGUI
    find InventoryView.xml and open in a texteditor (notepad)
    edit these lines: (among the first 10 rows)

cell_count ="Point(6,9)"
    icon_size ="Point(49.0,49.0)"

remember if you increase the slot-count you need to make the slots smaller.

save and alt-tab back ingame and write in chat-window /reloadui and press enter, and see how it looks.

Good luck!

Thx Smurfas! This is the second best UI after King UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfas View Post
    New layout variant!

what u think?
    Been busy and away from this thread for a bit, but yeah, this is nice!

Hi smurfas, just wanted to know if I can edit the emotes available by clicking them on the emotes window ?

Hi smurfas, still need button for open/close window with macro )

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast