Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Kind of sucks that AoC is "dead"

Community is not any different than in any other MMO.
    There are all kind of people around, sometimes you end up with decent people, and sometimes with raging retards.

It all depends on luck.
    For instance, i had to wait 6 years in AoC to end up in a group, a minigame in fact, with an actual retard who spent the entire time raging at and insulting the entire team while standing still and doing nothing but venting his hatred.

Happens, just move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    Community is not any different than in any other MMO.
    There are all kind of people around, sometimes you end up with decent people, and sometimes with raging retards.

It all depends on luck.
    For instance, i had to wait 6 years in AoC to end up in a group, a minigame in fact, with an actual retard who spent the entire time raging at and insulting the entire team while standing still and doing nothing but venting his hatred.

Happens, just move on.
    As someone who has been playing MMO's for over 15 years, I have to disagree. I started in Meridian 59 and have played EQ1 and 2, AoC, FFXI and XIV, EnB, Neocron, Asherons Call 1 and 2, Darkfall, SWToR, ETC... I have been a world first raider, guild leader, raid leader, officer, class lead, you name it. This community is one of the absolute worst I have ever seen in any MMO yet. Heck I would rather deal with WoW's community than AoC's.

It is even well known across MMO review sites. Massively and MMORPG readers constantly list AOC as in the top 5 worst MMO communities and have for years. I have only met 1 nice person that was not a returner/newbie as well since coming back. In over 3 months now of subscribing again...

TLDR? Stop being douchebags and people might actually want to play with you.
    Last edited by ezariel; 5th May 2014 at 15:37.

Quote Originally Posted by ezariel View Post
    As someone who has been playing MMO's for over 15 years, I have to disagree. I started in Meridian 59 and have played EQ1 and 2, AoC, FFXI and XIV, EnB, Neocron, Asherons Call 1 and 2, Darkfall, SWToR, ETC... I have been a world first raider, guild leader, raid leader, officer, class lead, you name it. This community is one of the absolute worst I have ever seen in any MMO yet. Heck I would rather deal with WoW's community than AoC's.

It is even well known across MMO review sites. Massively and MMORPG readers constantly list AOC as in the top 5 worst MMO communities and have for years. I have only met 1 nice person that was not a returner/newbie as well since coming back. In over 3 months now of subscribing again...

TLDR? Stop being douchebags and people might actually want to play with you.
    This is what happens when a company has such utter contempt for its customers. From the beginning, there was little or no interaction between devs/directors and the players. Bugs and exploits went unfixed for months and years, suggestions were made and ignored, and development seemed to be entirely focused on other games despite a subscription model.

People are people in every game- but I blame funcom for creating the negativity that you describe.
    Last edited by twinklez3; 5th May 2014 at 16:07.

Community on PvE servers was decent but at some point PvPers started moving to Set/Crom to leech raid gear and situation got much worse, recently I simply had to turn off global and nph channels I feel nauseated when I see all the trash there. My advice is to join a good raiding guild as a casual player, you can find a lot of helpful people who still enjoy doing everything from Xibaluku to newest 6mans and group/raid content in this game is awesome.

After reading ezariel's posts I'm in complete agreement with him. The problem is that the community will never admit that it is at fault for the decline in population and will continue to act as they always have and nothing will ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    It all depends on luck.
    If I had you on my team in a mini game I'd rage pretty hard, too.

Quote Originally Posted by twinklez3 View Post
    People are people in every game- but I blame funcom for creating the negativity that you describe.
    LOL SRSLY? Is there anything people won't blame Funcom for? The last time the game directer posted on the AoC forums he was flamed off, even Funcom realizes how garbage the community is, that's why they don't post here anymore.

People need to accept responsibility and stop blaming others for their faults. It's not Funcom's fault the community in this game is so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post

LOL SRSLY? Is there anything people won't blame Funcom for? The last time the game directer posted on the AoC forums he was flamed off, even Funcom realizes how garbage the community is, that's why they don't post here anymore.

People need to accept responsibility and stop blaming others for their faults. It's not Funcom's fault the community in this game is so bad.
    That's right. You might as well just lay there an enjoy it. No use fighting.

After reading ezariel's posts I'm in complete agreement with him. The problem is that the community will never admit that it is at fault for the decline in population and will continue to act as they always have and nothing will ever change.

If I had you on my team in a mini game I'd rage pretty hard, too.

Your whole post is hypocritical considering your daily behavior you exhibit in global.

And if you are not actually Sydistik/Scout, then I apologize.

no matter who he is in global, he does have a valid point.

It doesn't matter what happened in the past to you or anyone else, in rl or in game. There is never any justification for not treating others like fellow human beings and respecting their basic rights as such.

This doesn't mean that a jerk shouldn't be told they are a jerk.

This doesn't mean you shouldn't ever tell someone they are playing poorly and should go practice/learn.

This does mean that questioning someones sexual orientation or calling them names is not acceptable behavior when trying to point out the above.

Remember the golden rule they taught you in school? Treat others as you yourself would like to be treated? Have you all forgotten that there was a time that no one could do hm's? I remember the first 6 months of Godslayer. Almost none of these people that are the "Vets" now could do them back then. It took a lot of practice and experimentation to figure out some of the strats and perfect them. You people that insult others, were just as bad then as they are now. In fact almost everyone was terrible at that content. And I am sure that had the community been so hostile then the population would have been even worse.

So think about it next time you have some difficulty with another in game. Before you blast them with derogatory sexual terms and racial slurs, take a step back and remember what it was like to be in their shoes...

Quote Originally Posted by Texan615 View Post
    Your whole post is hypocritical considering your daily behavior you exhibit in global.

And if you are not actually Sydistik/Scout, then I apologize.
    How else am I supposed to treat trolls and flamers? With respect and kindness?

Be somebody worth treating with respect and you might actually receive it.

And you're the hypocrite here, not me.

Grow up.

How else am I supposed to treat trolls and flamers? With respect and kindness?

Be somebody worth treating with respect and you might actually receive it.

And you're the hypocrite here, not me.

Grow up.
    So you spend all your time trolling global and doing awesome stuff like ventrilo attacks.

You need to grow up.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast