Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kind of sucks that AoC is "dead"

People want to play with as many people as possible in MMOs.
    It is that simple.

This is why people left Fury, i know some furians left on their server prefer to believe they're the last ones because they're the best, but common sense says otherwise.
    As for why PvP servers lost players continuously, all the reasons have been listed hundred of times already.

For the same reason, if you make the server load accurate with the actual load, the vast majority of players will join the most populated servers no matter what, until the load on those servers reaches its limit and forces the other players to join underloaded servers.

another thread on how dead the game is.
    we all know there could be more players and more updates.
    play it or not. no one force u to play it.

Maybe you can ask why people still play it, if it is considered dead by some? This "no one forces you" attitude can backfire quickly...because people might actually give up easier, if confronted this way as soon as they see or mention problems.

I liked the idea and thread another player opened, where he said what NOT to change.

So for me it is not dead, because
    - no other game offers the lore, character customization and well designed day to day areas like the old conan world
    - friends still play
    - it is possible to play without a sub (especially now, that you can only pay per creditcard or paypal...both coming with drawbacks)
    - roleplaying options, when it comes to style, locations and setting

This might seem a bit less compared to the negative points i COULD list, but my negative points are subjective and the perception and motivation of old players can be completely different from new ones. For those i think, the game can still offer a lot (with a lot of optimization potential too).

Well, I don't think it's dead, since I have a lot more to do in-game...

I still play AoC because I enjoy immensely better 6man dungeons like Coils/Wyrm/Districts or Caravan Raiders and some fun fights in higher tier raids-I don`t think other MMOs have dungeons/raids of this level of quality. However finding decent group is often very hard and raids are mostly cancelled now all because population is extremely low. People leave the game because there is no new and meaningful content and no way to progress character further-everyone has full AA tree and full T4 set on their main characters.
    I don`t know, at this point leaving the game is probably the best option-Slithering Chaos is probably going to be great addition to AoC but filling 12 man group of Coils level of difficulty is going to be close to impossible unless it is on guild raidplanners and I am sceptical about Cetriss-progression from T4 in terms of difficulty but without adequate rewards because it is going to be bad for PvP somehow, also massive nerfs coming to tanks where dps and fun is replaced with +hate is not something I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahaqa View Post
    I still play AoC because I enjoy immensely better 6man dungeons like Coils/Wyrm/Districts or Caravan Raiders and some fun fights in higher tier raids-I don`t think other MMOs have dungeons/raids of this level of quality. However finding decent group is often very hard and raids are mostly cancelled now all because population is extremely low. People leave the game because there is no new and meaningful content and no way to progress character further-everyone has full AA tree and full T4 set on their main characters.
    I don`t know, at this point leaving the game is probably the best option-Slithering Chaos is probably going to be great addition to AoC but filling 12 man group of Coils level of difficulty is going to be close to impossible unless it is on guild raidplanners and I am sceptical about Cetriss-progression from T4 in terms of difficulty but without adequate rewards because it is going to be bad for PvP somehow, also massive nerfs coming to tanks where dps and fun is replaced with +hate is not something I want to see.
    Nerfs aren't that massive, and the reason many guilds are having raids cancelled at the moment is because a bunch of people are off trying ESO, just as they were off when Swtor, GW2 etc launched, and the T4+ raiding guilds want experienced people rather than training up newbs, not because the population is too low to support raids... jesus.

Son, first of all it is clear that there are no new players at end game content, guilds that recruit players for their T4 raids are cannibalising other raiding guilds. Second, judging by the number of groups/players you can see on Crom it is clear that population is minimal all around and from here it can only get worse. Third, most players I know left the game for reasons I mentioned-because they have nothing to do in game anymore, there is no new content no new updates, nothing. Also I imagine other MMOs are attractive, they have at least one thing AoC doesnt have-population, not to mention dedicated development teams etc., people playing other MMOs most likely will never come back except to troll forum from time to time.
    Last but not least nerfs are total judging by what was on testlive, but in the end it doesn`t matter how much they nerf tanks-it is a nerf or making veteran main characters weaker-exactly the opposite of what we, or what I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahaqa View Post
    Last but not least nerfs are total judging by what was on testlive, but in the end it doesn`t matter how much they nerf tanks-it is a nerf or making veteran main characters weaker-exactly the opposite of what we, or what I want.
    Hahah DT op-roller is angry

Quote Originally Posted by Filter3 View Post
    another thread on how dead the game is.
    we all know there could be more players and more updates.
    play it or not. no one force u to play it.
    Depend on updates. They add more and more pets/companions, how many people back into game when they heard about it?

To be honest, as someone who came back to the game recently after a break since about 6 months after Godslayer launch it is the community that is killing the game. For a new/returning player there is so much great content to play. But trying to deal with the so called "Vets" is absolutely horrifying.

For example I grouped with a person from one of the supposedly best and oldest guilds on the server last night. This person could not even hold agro on mobs when nothing at all was being done to them. They then stated to say all they did to the mob was irritate them and expected to hold agro with only that skill which was not even holding agro against the healers green heals with no other actions being taken.

Said person then ganged up with another member of said "amazing" guild and started to insult everyone in the group and making false accusations like saying that people were dps'ing when while watching the other group members and myself we were doing nothing of the sort. We were running up to the tank praying that he would get his head out of his ass and actually use his skills to agro the mob. He then rage quit even though he has supposedly cleared T4 and is a god among tanks but yet could not pull agro off even small regen heals. The group ended with him and his friend being complete asshats and offering no useful information, only insults that should have been directed at themselves for their own failures. Or better yet the energy channeled into productive discussion on our strategy. On the last fight I did 30 dps and 180'ish hps according to ACT, the other healer did none (absolutely horrifically bad numbers, but at this point we were desperate and trying anything to avoid pulling agro). We still pulled aggro and died and then had to endure 5 minutes of namecalling and insults from this tank and his rogue friend. When none of this was our fault.

I highly doubt this person was representative of his guild and do not hold them responsible, but unfortunately this kind of person and situation is far to common in my experience coming back. Funcom has done right by me since I last played. I find the classes are much better, there is tons of content I am excited to do, etc. But the community is absolutely terrible. Noone helps. The truly once good guilds have become insular and ignorant. There is little to no information available online, and asking questions is met with insults and name calling rather than sharing information.

How do you expect people to want to stay and play this game when so many in the established community treat them like such crap?
    Last edited by ezariel; 5th May 2014 at 14:49.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast