Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Kind of sucks that AoC is "dead"

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    AOC isn't perfect but its a lot more realistic than the anime type giant eyed enhanced bosom 10 foot spike armor avatars in a lot of the new games.
    Lol it is sad but such games are so popular because may RPG'rs want exactly to see that .
    Just take a look at Skyrim top mod-list "Skimpy armor" "Nude Females" "Immense boobs" "See-through glass armor" "Nipslip gear"....
    And then people who say that they want to make more beautiful girls than in real life.

I once asked in a mod forum why people want such gear . This is just a game and rediculous if you play Skyrim or an other MMO and the chest of female toons is hanging out.
    -Well i got so many dislikes that my comment got deleted

Maybe funcom should just add girls with boobs like barrels as hyborian race and the RPG-girl-fapper masses will come

and here is an example of what i meant : http://igamershood com/best-picture-...rmor-mods.html

or this is even better :
    http://www.nexusmods com/skyrim/mods/22847/?

(dont know if posting links is allowed so i deleted the "." before "com")
    Last edited by Daraios; 23rd April 2014 at 17:56.

what is the definition of dead game? because if AoC is not dead then someone needs to explain to me the definition. No game specfic dev team or staff, no player population, that usually means dead game. Funcom focusing on production of another game an having to option $1.6 million to help even finish Lego. Atleast the mankini worked in scret world, oooh wait total failure. http://massively.joystiq.com/2014/04...rlds-mankinig/
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by Daraios View Post
    Lol it is sad but such games are so popular because may RPG'rs want exactly to see that .
    Just take a look at Skyrim top mod-list "Skimpy armor" "Nude Females" "Immense boobs" "See-through glass armor" "Nipslip gear"....
    And then people who say that they want to make more beautiful girls than in real life.

I once asked in a mod forum why people want such gear . This is just a game and rediculous if you play Skyrim or an other MMO and the chest of female toons is hanging out.
    -Well i got so many dislikes that my comment got deleted

Maybe funcom should just add girls with boobs like barrels as hyborian race and the RPG-girl-fapper masses will come

and here is an example of what i meant : http://igamershood com/best-picture-...rmor-mods.html

or this is even better :
    http://www.nexusmods com/skyrim/mods/22847/?

(dont know if posting links is allowed so i deleted the "." before "com")
    As far as I know AoC is the only mmo there is where female characters can go completely topless. At least without mods. Good, bad, silly, whatever... just saying it didn't seem to help much.

Though I do have to wonder just how much the the readily available nude patch for WoW contributed to it's popularity.

TERA jumps right up to that *might as well be naked at this point* boundary but I've no idea if that helped it at all.

Not mods, actual in-game armor:

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011...ersion,4.shtml

Mankini was good riddance in TSW, imo, though I can't agree with pulling it from people who had already bought it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    And now only Crom has an healthy population, those trolls are just totally unable to play the end game, hence why they spend their days standing in Khemi spamming global.
    You need a very healthy game population to support timezones outside of US and EU as we typically have a much lower population anyway and when the game's general population has gone from the launch-time highs to being effectively one servers worth of players it seems almost dead.

The Oceanic population has, since the initial decline, been limited to one guild and one, maybe two raid groups per server. About six months ago there would be about 8 to 10 people on-line in the Oceanic guild I was in but for the last month or so it's me, myself and the guild notification bot most of the time. Sometimes you get one or two more logged in but forget about fielding a raid or even a six man in that prime time.

Maybe the Oceanics are spread out across more guilds now and thus seems lower, but if you're looking for people raiding in that time-zone it seems very difficult to find them.

Glad it's good for the other regions! The answer for me has been to reschedule so I play on Saturday or Sunday mornings as that has more cross-over with the US and a greater likelihood of a PUG raid at least.

You know a game is dying when the most realistic bouncing boobs in mmo history can't keep the male player subbed.
    Last edited by Brazza; 28th April 2014 at 15:48.
    Pocket Ping Pong King

I feel the game died because everyone transferred to Crom from Fury. AoC could have endless pvp fun in the open world setting, but people that are left in the game only really care about raids and pve content. This is natural when for years all that was provided for our sub money was pve content. Now that pvp updates are finally coming - it just might be too late. The "pvpers" that went to Crom are now in a confort zone just doing mini games when they log on. I don't mind doing mini games, but having open world battles really sets this game apart from other games. This has been taken away though, and I'm not sure if it will ever return.

Quote Originally Posted by Raeil View Post
    As far as I know AoC is the only mmo there is where female characters can go completely topless. At least without mods. Good, bad, silly, whatever... just saying it didn't seem to help much.

Though I do have to wonder just how much the the readily available nude patch for WoW contributed to it's popularity.

TERA jumps right up to that *might as well be naked at this point* boundary but I've no idea if that helped it at all.

Not mods, actual in-game armor:

http://news.mmosite.com/content/2011...ersion,4.shtml

Mankini was good riddance in TSW, imo, though I can't agree with pulling it from people who had already bought it.
    tera was kind of fun. i wonder what the population is like

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    I feel the game died because everyone transferred to Crom from Fury. AoC could have endless pvp fun in the open world setting, but people that are left in the game only really care about raids and pve content. This is natural when for years all that was provided for our sub money was pve content. Now that pvp updates are finally coming - it just might be too late. The "pvpers" that went to Crom are now in a confort zone just doing mini games when they log on. I don't mind doing mini games, but having open world battles really sets this game apart from other games. This has been taken away though, and I'm not sure if it will ever return.
    I concur. Giggity.

I say one of the reasons aoc is dead is because of it's most overlooked lie: every server saying medium load since launch and still does. If this were actually a dynamic representation of server load instead of hardcoded "typed" on the main screen maybe at year 1-2 of this games life people would have known what servers to join thus reducing dead zones giving a premature feeling of failure. Players were way too spread out at one point for this reason. On the old forums every week you would read, "just signed up and nobody on my server, going back to...." Still waiting for that patch, actually only thing i look forward to at this point ha so kidding, does sarcasm come through in forums the way it does in my head?!
    Last edited by Mysticblood; 29th April 2014 at 19:27.
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    I say one of the reasons aoc is dead is because of it's most overlooked lie: every server saying medium load since launch and still does. If this were actually a dynamic representation of server load instead of hardcoded "typed" on the main screen maybe at year 1-2 of this games life people would have known what servers to join thus reducing dead zones giving a premature feeling of failure. Players were way too spread out at one point for this reason. On the old forums every week you would read, "just signed up and nobody on my server, going back to...." Still waiting for that patch, actually only thing i look forward to at this point ha so kidding, does sarcasm come through in forums the way it does in my head?!
    This is true for just about every mmo ever, not just aoc...

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast