Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Kind of sucks that AoC is "dead"

Quote Originally Posted by Kellisia View Post
    http://www.aeriagames.com/playnow/aocus

This probably doesn't help, Funcom is not trying to lure people into the original servers any more, they are breaking off now. So
    we will see less people.. Aeria games has its own server and just just to help funcom, yet they don't bother to help the true vets of and recent new commers to the game. If you look at that site.

Some how Aeria's server has over 40 million players.. Hmmm okay.

Thanks Funcom for trying to keep the population high on the original servers.
    Do you know how this server exactly works? Is It only the f2p version of conan? Do you have to pay every month? Can you go to kithai?
    -> DT:Stiraqvcrn; Necro:Munyidora; ToS:Stiraqvaa; Guard:Stirameco; BS: Stiraqcanya, ...

If you see one Stira wipeing a group or a raid Its me

I am curious if anyone knows anything about the Aeria server as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nusquam View Post
    Pretty much Aeria Games and marketing made an agreement to try out an AoC server for the Aeria game community.

AFAIK, you can't just jump in with an AoC account from out servers and start playing as they have a modified login system.

It's in general a good thing, as it expands our reach into communities of gamers that we wouldn't normally reach. It is a PvE server only.
    As far as I remember from the forum thread 'lolwut?' it's a PvE server, not sure there is even Khitai expansions. There are no PvP of any kind (no, not minis either)

Thanks Funcom for trying to keep the population high on the original servers.
    I think you're mistaken. The population has been stable at medium load for some time now.

AOC was a gret idea and there where so many ways Funcom could have made this a great game with a high popularity. But they lacked the right ideas and Money for it. I just returned after beeing away from the game for almost 2 years, and It's clear to me that the game is dead today. Which is sad, not only because I'm a fan of Conan but also because there aren't any other good mmo's in this category out there.

Talking

i don't feel the game is dead. it's slow and all but oh well. it's probably the only game that caters to my want of barbaric violence and so on.

i came from a guild on the Cimmeria server that would farm instances, to having them leave the game basically one by one. i'm still flying the banner as it were. i still enjoy logging in and doing whatever quests i can or joining a random mini and getting my aces handed to me.

i guess what's fun to me now is being able to help out lowbies that are new to the game in the same manner that a few kind folk way back when helped me out. then we build new friendships and so on.

still a fun game and not at all dead
    “Lo, there do I see my father.
    Lo, there do I see my mother,
    and my sisters, and my brothers.
    Lo, there do I see the line of my people,
    Back to the beginning!

Lo, they do call to me.
    They bid me take my place among them,
    In the halls of Valhalla!
    Where the brave may live forever!”

Det som engang var.

Quote Originally Posted by Ymnir View Post
    AOC was a gret idea and there where so many ways Funcom could have made this a great game with a high popularity. But they lacked the right ideas and Money for it. I just returned after beeing away from the game for almost 2 years, and It's clear to me that the game is dead today. Which is sad, not only because I'm a fan of Conan but also because there aren't any other good mmo's in this category out there.
    Ymnir! wb bro.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910