Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Kind of sucks that AoC is "dead"

Quote Originally Posted by Mellaus View Post
    The statement "AoC is dead" is mainly a matter of perspective.

I for one think that the only players who really struggle to play the game are the ones that shot themselves in the face by going full retards for years and ended up in the ignore list of every single decent guild.

And now only Crom has an healthy population, those trolls are just totally unable to play the end game, hence why they spend their days standing in Khemi spamming global.
    It's kinda sad.

Appart from that negligeable minority of doom callers, most of the other players seem to enjoy the game just fine.

My personal experience is that whatever i want to do, i can do it, being pugging raids, dungeons, guild runs, recipe hunting, hell, even RP if it was my thing.
    So to me the game does not feel dead, i always have something to do and definitely not enough time to do it all.

In the end, i just don't get the need of 50K players on a server to enjoy a game some seem to feel.
    As said by the OP, AoC on its own is fantastic, and i too played it alone during my first year.
    You're completely delusional.

It's the septic tank of a community and the low quality and attitude of the average player in this game that give people a hard time.

Doing raids or six mans in this game is extremely frustrating because people fail so hard at them... groups are hardly worth joining or hosting anymore because you can't trust them to get anything done.

And there aren't any decent guilds left, the only guilds that are left are either bad or full of greedy, unscrupulous, no-life, circle-jerking gear hoarders.

Your post is kinda ironic considering you're the one going full retard here, don't ya think?

Quote Originally Posted by -Syd- View Post
    Your post is kinda ironic considering you're the one going full retard here, don't ya think?
    i think your talking about yourself.
    FORUM PVP LVL 10

It's the septic tank of a community and the low quality and attitude of the average player in this game that give people a hard time.

Doing raids or six mans in this game is extremely frustrating because people fail so hard at them...

...the only guilds that are left are either bad or full of greedy, unscrupulous, no-life, circle-jerking gear hoarders.
    Excellent example of how to maintain a positive attitude and make people feel welcome in this game.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

Quote Originally Posted by -tomhet- View Post
    i think your talking about yourself.
    huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Rathothis View Post
    Excellent example of how to maintain a positive attitude and make people feel welcome in this game.
    I know, I'm such an optimist.

But really... that's how I actually feel about this game, and it's not just me, I keep in touch with some of my friends that don't play anymore and I ask them why they left and most of them cite community as the reason.

I've kept my hopes up about Age of Conan for years, it's never failed to disappoint me.

It's depressing...

The population is stable. The problem is is wow killer hype train derailed when they tried to turn the game into wow.

I know, I'm such an optimist.

But really... that's how I actually feel about this game, and it's not just me, I keep in touch with some of my friends that don't play anymore and I ask them why they left and most of them cite community as the reason.

I've kept my hopes up about Age of Conan for years, it's never failed to disappoint me.

It's depressing...

It's just that you say that the community's attitude is making it hard for people to stay in the game. And then you go on about how useless current players and guilds are. Talk about shooting your own argument in the knee...

On the substance though, I do agree. AoC has a significant number of wannabe elite players, who feel like they are god's gift to MMOs while having little to back up their attitude. But unfortunately that's to be expected in any game that has a large share of veterans, and few new players.
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

And then there's ESO, which has some major beta bugs that allow for infinite skill points, let you exploit bugs for millions of gold so people could buy legendary armor...and its not been out for a month.

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...26#post2095426

AOC isn't perfect but its a lot more realistic than the anime type giant eyed enhanced bosom 10 foot spike armor avatars in a lot of the new games. Did ESO ever get collision detection?

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post
    And then there's ESO, which has some major beta bugs that allow for infinite skill points, let you exploit bugs for millions of gold so people could buy legendary armor...and its not been out for a month.

AOC isn't perfect but its a lot more realistic than the anime type giant eyed enhanced bosom 10 foot spike armor avatars in a lot of the new games. Did ESO ever get collision detection?
    I'm afraid but I have a "feeling" that lot of people disappeared around ESO launch...
    aocfeats.com - Age of Conan feat planner
    Tutu - Dark Templar | Tuts - Bear Shaman | Nedbee - Demonologist

Quote Originally Posted by Anubium View Post

^^ this, ESO is starting to fall apart less than one month after release. And guess what? It's all just bugs/flaws that were reported months ago in beta...

The social aspect on it is crap too (can't group or team up with people in other alliances even in pve, not a single form of global chat, can't communicate with your enemies in pvp besides tells etc.) when coming from AoC this feels so bad and frustrating. ESO is a great single player game though (really enjoyed the levelling to 50 with the story and stuff)

ESO has collisions with NPCs only.
    Last edited by kalston; 23rd April 2014 at 17:26.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

Quite apart from the fact that there are still cheaters out there who are bitching around since ages and nothing happens about them same as well-known bugs which let me just feel frustrated at times, quite apart from this... Age of Conan is THE GAME for me and will always be! As long as there are at least 11 other players besides me I will play this game until it dies, because I just love the atmosphere of this game so much and the minigames, which never get boring though it's always the same 5 maps. And how much some of you self-appointed veterans (who actually don't play regulary since ages) reveal to the old ages of Age of Conan is just something to chuckle about. I mean... you sound like Grandma or Grandpa talking about the past which was so much better but don't realising that indeed... it wasn't. Talking in clear words I like how Age of Conan is now and we could have it much worse, so good work Funcom!
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast