Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "game breaking" bug has hit ESO?

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    GW2 was the fastest selling MMO in history with 1 million in first month and 2 million by 4th month. TESO advertising campaign for console is based on having beat that record. Sales numbers are bull$hit but its safe to say that TESO will have 2-3 million players by month 3. Who ever told you that the game is losing players is not paying attention. In the EU game sales numbers are kept and its been the number 1 game each week for the last 4 weeks except in UK which has Futbol Manager ahead of it. In the US its #1 PC game in sales and #8 in sales overall against consoles. Zenimax is all about TESO being a longterm project so it really not about winning the 3 month mark either.
    Well, we all know that initial sale doesn't mean anything for a MMO. Tons a MMO made fantastic initial sale to crash after a short while. What make a MMO successful is the ability to keep player in. And that, nobody can forecast it yet for TESO.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

I tried to like this game, I really did but I couldn't do it.

Gathering quest items, another player on the same quest grabs same item. Now I have to wait for it to respawn. I can't attack this player either.

Go through a long quest line, I don't get xp until the very end, which turns out going through a portal and clicking on some stupid shrine. THAT'S IT?! I spent an HOUR to click on a shrine one time. No, the questing is not fun.

Tried grouping with my wife, but we kept being put in different instances so all I see is an arrow of where she was supposed to be. This game doesn't encourage grouping like other mmo's.

The pvp. What pvp? My guild raved about the pvp but to me it is a gw2 wvwvw copy, but with more lag, long loading screens, and just running and running for hours to get to the "action" (zerg fest). No bg's at all. To me ESO is a pve game, with a pvp after thought. It is underdeveloped and boring.

I wish I could get my money back for buying the game. It is a cash grab, buy the horse off the store, pay an extra $20 to pick this "special" racial class...pay us $15 a month. For what? What are we really buying? It is designed for console play, not pc. It is more a single player game, not an mmo.

The gw2 model was copied, but not fully. The questing is worse and you don't have to pay a sub ever, and you still get updates and new content ever couple weeks. I just can't understand what ESO has to offer anyone other than being "something new".

ESO is losing players. It will lose more once people hit 50 and realize the only thing to really do is roll and alt and level again.

I'm seeing FUNCOM finally starting to listen to its player base, but sadly it is probably too late to get the players back that are searching endlessly for a "aoc like" game.

ESO PvE is horibad. I can't stomach it... So boring. By comparison, while leveling in Tera Online, sure, the quests were boring but because the combat system is so bad ass... I was never bored!!! Same can be said of AoC combat system.

And to pay $15 a month just for siege PvP? No thanks. I prefer mini game style PvP. Zerg is boring. The combat system in ESO feels like playing a dumbed down version of GW2... Even more simplistic which probably is great for console but not so much for PC gamers.

ESO is tired already and it just came out... Bleh...

AoC with sweetfx is gorgeous. Combat in AoC is in a different league than ESO. Fatalities puts it over the top.

So, just hoping the new PvP content fixing to come out soon will be good enough to bring old PvP vets back.

I would love for a revamp of sieging in AoC to be comparable to what is in ESO... But I know that is probably more than what Funcom could ever do... Still, something that would encourage guild rivalry would be very cool.

Funcom is toast. Better to start a kick starter for a AoC emulator for pre 1.04 combat. The mankini joke in secret world shows how poor fubcom is managed.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Did nusquam not say within the past 6 months treat he won't even attempt to fix aoc sieges because the middle devs made a complete mess of the code? So I lost faith in mass pvp there for aoc
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

I don't recall that post... I can see the reason for not touching sieging at this point simply because you really need numbers of people to really provide enough incentive for Funcom to work on sieging. Unfortunately, we just don't have enough PvPers left to make that investment of resources from Funcom.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticblood View Post
    Did nusquam not say within the past 6 months treat he won't even attempt to fix aoc sieges because the middle devs made a complete mess of the code? So I lost faith in mass pvp there for aoc
    Yup, his post is here:

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthr...53#post2068253
    Rathothis|Tempest of Set || Tigrathes|Dark Templar || Isitnofret|Herald of Xotli
    BS|Sin|Demo|Barb|Conq
    Sudatorius|Noob barb on Rage

The pve trial system in ESO is pretty awesome. Having competitive instances and raids with leaderboard adds some epeen to pve.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    The pve trial system in ESO is pretty awesome. Having competitive instances and raids with leaderboard adds some epeen to pve.
    Unfortunately bro, the combat system is boring...

Quote Originally Posted by konungr View Post
    I tried to like this game, I really did but I couldn't do it.

Gathering quest items, another player on the same quest grabs same item. Now I have to wait for it to respawn. I can't attack this player either.

Go through a long quest line, I don't get xp until the very end, which turns out going through a portal and clicking on some stupid shrine. THAT'S IT?! I spent an HOUR to click on a shrine one time. No, the questing is not fun.

Tried grouping with my wife, but we kept being put in different instances so all I see is an arrow of where she was supposed to be. This game doesn't encourage grouping like other mmo's.

The pvp. What pvp? My guild raved about the pvp but to me it is a gw2 wvwvw copy, but with more lag, long loading screens, and just running and running for hours to get to the "action" (zerg fest). No bg's at all. To me ESO is a pve game, with a pvp after thought. It is underdeveloped and boring.

I wish I could get my money back for buying the game. It is a cash grab, buy the horse off the store, pay an extra $20 to pick this "special" racial class...pay us $15 a month. For what? What are we really buying? It is designed for console play, not pc. It is more a single player game, not an mmo.

The gw2 model was copied, but not fully. The questing is worse and you don't have to pay a sub ever, and you still get updates and new content ever couple weeks. I just can't understand what ESO has to offer anyone other than being "something new".

ESO is losing players. It will lose more once people hit 50 and realize the only thing to really do is roll and alt and level again.

I'm seeing FUNCOM finally starting to listen to its player base, but sadly it is probably too late to get the players back that are searching endlessly for a "aoc like" game.
    At level 50, vet opens up (two other factions). Craglorn dropping in a little over a week.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast