Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "game breaking" bug has hit ESO?

haha, the combat is deeply flawed and broken, it would require a lot to fix it and I don't see that happening. It's just another cash-grab like virtually every MMO released these days and they most likely won't do **** (or it will at least take ages, as in "too long"). I am certain they will keep delaying the real EU servers too, if not forever at least long enough for people to quit.

"The animation skips are BRILLIANT and keep the combat even more refreshing than it already was. "

You just made my day. Carry on.
    Last edited by kalston; 24th April 2014 at 08:33.
    Expert Shield of the Risen opener.

I believe i told everyone to stay away from that game, played beta for 20m and it was enough, that mowement is so **** that i never look back when i say "not gonna buy it"
    The Law

"animation skips" seems bit shady.. bit like comboskipping but i heard only "skilled" people could do it and it was cool enough to count as merit for awesome player. can't stop laughing. sry.

Quote Originally Posted by Maly View Post
    "animation skips" seems bit shady.. bit like comboskipping but i heard only "skilled" people could do it and it was cool enough to count as merit for awesome player. can't stop laughing. sry.
    It's 10 times worse than comboskiping in AoC (I think CS in AoC was good in many ways but just needed to be balanced across genders and possibly classes/combos), you can skip spells too and you don't skip the finisher but the entire animation (in AoC you were only skipping the root part of the finisher, so you still had full animations and a good looking and smooth combat).

You can fire 3 abilities at once in a few milliseconds on ESO, and that is even macro-friendly on top of that. If you have played and enjoyed AoC for its combat, I surely don't need to explain to you how bad and ugly the combat in ESO is now that pvpers have found out. The system is exploitable in PVE too, to achieve maximum dps.

Quote Originally Posted by kalston View Post
    It's 10 times worse than comboskiping in AoC (I think CS in AoC was good in many ways but just needed to be balanced across genders and possibly classes/combos), you can skip spells too and you don't skip the finisher but the entire animation (in AoC you were only skipping the root part of the finisher, so you still had full animations and a good looking and smooth combat).

You can fire 3 abilities at once in a few milliseconds on ESO, and that is even macro-friendly on top of that. If you have played and enjoyed AoC for its combat, I surely don't need to explain to you how bad and ugly the combat in ESO is now that pvpers have found out. The system is exploitable in PVE too, to achieve maximum dps.
    expect sin burst was super op with combo skip, also before melee dmg nerf, i think cozzanos pvp montage shows it all
    The Law

the people posting "told you so" are totally clueless to gaming. ESO has been pretty damn amazing in everything from leveling to endgame so far and its a month old.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

Quote Originally Posted by raist718 View Post
    the people posting "told you so" are totally clueless to gaming. ESO has been pretty damn amazing in everything from leveling to endgame so far and its a month old.
    Different people different taste, I guess. Personally, I dislike the feeling of TESO. Pretty much everything, from the combat system to the pace of exploration, and the bland generic fantasy aesthetic in between, is unappealing to me.

Only time will tell how well it will be doing, but first sign aren't encouraging. Both professional reviewers and Matacritic users give lower and lower score as the time pass (PC Gamer gave 68, IGN 78, overall Metacritic dropped to 75 for pro and to 62 for player score), and it seems that player base is decreasing, even though the first 30 day of free game time isn't over yet.

But real number are hard to evaluate, since Zenimax probably won't post them, no matter how well or how bad the game does. I still bought it and canceled the subscription right away because I'm a huge fanboy of Elder Scrolls series and because, "hey, you never know, when it will go free to play, I might have a veteran status or something". But I'm afraid even then, nothing will be appealing to me.
    Last edited by Jaedelyia; 28th April 2014 at 00:17.
    -
    Fun fact : Not actually the same guy as the player named "Jaedelyia" in-game. Never though I would one day encounter a guy with the same nickname as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaedelyia View Post
    Different people different taste, I guess. Personally, I dislike the feeling of TESO. Pretty much everything, from the combat system to the pace of exploration, and the bland generic fantasy aesthetic in between, is unappealing to me.

Only time will tell how well it will be doing, but first sign aren't encouraging. Both professional reviewers and Matacritic users give lower and lower score as the time pass (PC Gamer gave 68, IGN 78, overall Metacritic dropped to 75 for pro and to 62 for player score), and it seems that player base is decreasing, even though the first 30 day of free game time isn't over yet.

But real number are hard to evaluate, since Zenimax probably won't post them, no matter how well or how bad the game does. I still bought it and canceled the subscription right away because I'm a huge fanboy of Elder Scrolls series and because, "hey, you never know, when it will go free to play, I might have a veteran status or something". But I'm afraid even then, nothing will be appealing to me.
    Gaming industry standards for rating a game are none you listed. Metacritic had 37 "critics" rate the game 1296 "players". PC Gamer is linked to other gaming companies and relies on revenue from advertising their games. IGN has TESO as its 5th highest rated PC game in any genre.

The game has serious bugs and serious growing pains to overcome. But as a gamer that has been playing every mmo since ultima online. There has not been a mmo since SWG to offer some of the complexity of game system TESO offers. The speed of combat is not up to the current standard of Neverwinter but its the best of any AAA mmo out in the last 5 years.

GW2 was the fastest selling MMO in history with 1 million in first month and 2 million by 4th month. TESO advertising campaign for console is based on having beat that record. Sales numbers are bull$hit but its safe to say that TESO will have 2-3 million players by month 3. Who ever told you that the game is losing players is not paying attention. In the EU game sales numbers are kept and its been the number 1 game each week for the last 4 weeks except in UK which has Futbol Manager ahead of it. In the US its #1 PC game in sales and #8 in sales overall against consoles. Zenimax is all about TESO being a longterm project so it really not about winning the 3 month mark either.
    Raistbad/Backwoods/Dutchmaster/Rangerishard
    30,0000+ kills, 10,000+ mini, still bad
    Pre 1.04|Twitch|Post 1.04

IGN has TESO as its 5th highest rated PC game in any genre.
    because ign is reliable aye?

i always had this feeling ign rated games higher than the average when the games adds ran on their site

Gaming industry standards for rating a game are none you listed. Metacritic had 37 "critics" rate the game 1296 "players". PC Gamer is linked to other gaming companies and relies on revenue from advertising their games. IGN has TESO as its 5th highest rated PC game in any genre.

The game has serious bugs and serious growing pains to overcome. But as a gamer that has been playing every mmo since ultima online. There has not been a mmo since SWG to offer some of the complexity of game system TESO offers. The speed of combat is not up to the current standard of Neverwinter but its the best of any AAA mmo out in the last 5 years.

GW2 was the fastest selling MMO in history with 1 million in first month and 2 million by 4th month. TESO advertising campaign for console is based on having beat that record. Sales numbers are bull$hit but its safe to say that TESO will have 2-3 million players by month 3. Who ever told you that the game is losing players is not paying attention. In the EU game sales numbers are kept and its been the number 1 game each week for the last 4 weeks except in UK which has Futbol Manager ahead of it. In the US its #1 PC game in sales and #8 in sales overall against consoles. Zenimax is all about TESO being a longterm project so it really not about winning the 3 month mark either.
    It is losing players fast, at least in Cyrodill, EU megaserver. 75% of the campaigns used to be full 24/7 (or close to that), now there's 1-2 with the high population icon or the lock showing up (prime time), the other campaigns have all 3 factions on the low pop icon permanently. That bad, yeah. Maybe PVE wise there's not much difference but PVP on the EU server couldn't be much worse (EU servers being in fvcking Dallas doesn't help though, you think AoC servers are bad? add 50ms and you get ESO servers - EU player pov, sure, but since there's a lot more players in Europe it makes up the vast majority of the playerbase anyway)

And the gameplay is broken beyond belief, the combat system is slow, clunky, glitchy, buggy, exploitable... anything but skill-based or fun and engaging.

I mean, the game limits your set of skills so that you have to weapon swap - fine. But weapon swap randomly takes something between 0 and 5 secs or doesn't work at all 75% of the time, so tell me what good is that?

And you just need to look at 1.1 patch notes to understand ESO is lost (for pvpers). The devs are focusing on pve, pve content for vets 10 (so it concerns very few people), buffing things that are already good/op and nerfing things that already suck/don't deserve it with 0 regard for pvp. They don't even mention weapon swapping, animation skipping, real EU servers or anything lol.

WildStar is far more promising for pvp, it has a very polished and fun gameplay and feels closer to something like AoC (engaging combat, with good animations, an excellent -and fast- pace, a great liberty, real aiming for all classes etc.). It also features much more than just RvR since it has arenas, duels (even with friendlies) and several of the pve levelling zones will be open for pvp on pvp servers as well. The devs are also much more active, participating in different activities and actually playing the game.
    The only thing WildStar needs to get sorted before release (June) is performance because right now a lot of people will struggle to run it properly and that would hurt the game immensely since the idea was to have simple graphics like WoW that everyone can run smoothly. Atm it's very bad but they still got some time left. Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by kalston; 28th April 2014 at 16:39.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast