Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Rangers - Require the most Skill

Quote Originally Posted by Spaart View Post
    He does get tunnel vision a lot during mini games though... Like really bad tunnel vision focusing purely one guy chase him entire map even if he dies over and over and over
    yea thats my obsevation too

then again we are talking about PUGS here

why do u guys judge ppl in pugs? why would he care to defend u guys in pugs if u guys are nor friends or guildies?

Quote Originally Posted by Brazza View Post
    Back on topic, cause the thread lock hammer is around the corner anytime we point someone out.

For me, I actually don't mind rangers as they are. This game needs an easy class for new, skill-lacking, lagged, lazy, casual, etc. players. Because it brings in and keeps more of them playing this game. And population is EVERYTHING in an mmo.
    playing the easy spec should come with more consequence

longer cds for firsts

Quote Originally Posted by barbaricwildcat2 View Post
    playing the easy spec should come with more consequence

longer cds for firsts
    Almost every class is easy compared to what they used to be. Ranger is by far ahead of any one class is ease of play, but really any class is easy to play if you bind correctly and have at least some finger dexterity and awareness.

But casters die super fast with all the burst available now, sins die in seconds to melee/rangers/barbs, soldiers actually die now after the protection changes (conq bubbles are still lol), but what counters rangers?

Anyone who can catch them I suppose, so any class with a speed buff with EB I guess. You simply can't catch them with the little +speed they have if your not another rogue class.

BTW, rangers in premades are about as effective as casters. They are only as good as the team protecting you.
    Last edited by Suctum; 24th April 2014 at 21:23.
    Doomsayer 2008

I play at the time a ranger pvp4. It's just fun learning to understand a class and using this knowledge on my other toons to do better in fight vs rangers. it could be easy to nerf the ranger class when ranger gets a debuff -50% damage after using trap or linebreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by destroyr View Post
    If he has been playing that Barb for a long time, he truly sucks for the amount of time he has practiced on it with. He felt so accomplished after he killed my sin in a 3 v 3 but his team died over and over without killing anyone else and they had 2 healers.

Killing a sin is not an accomplishment after his load is blown, especially on a Barb and you have 2 other guys on him. He seriously can't land a combo on the move lol
    Wait, killing a sin is NOT an accomplishmnt after his load is blown? So killing a sin before his load is blown is? Or how about I make him waste his load, and then kill him? Thats not skill?

Too much generalization I think...

Quote Originally Posted by destroyr View Post
    The Barbarian class has always been a strong class overall. I've already said it many times, it's a Ranger with health regen.

That's why all Barbs want to duel people and think they're amazing. Because the class can practically 2 shot any clothie, once it's on the ground and tanks damage for days.

Boyaka, one of the worst Barbs I've played with, truly believes he's amazing at AoC. The guy can't even land a combo on the move. His class and his gear/aa have created a hubris mentality for himself.
    I don't see how that is different from almost anyone with a competitive streak in mmos, too many people thinking their good when they just have an OP class ;-)
    Anuhart
    Mysticblood
    Holyssmoke

Alienware Area 51 990x 4.30GHz
    Water-cooled Radeon R9 290X

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorp View Post
    Wait, killing a sin is NOT an accomplishmnt after his load is blown? So killing a sin before his load is blown is? Or how about I make him waste his load, and then kill him? Thats not skill?

Too much generalization I think...
    Differences between ranger and sin

sin: cloth armor, low hp, combos, wery short range, single target cc's, soul fragments,"prey" for most meeles and even for some ranged calsses. High burst OMG NERF.

ranger: aimbot, 40 meter range, instant spells, mold able ablities, you can plant aoe cc's on whole map, medium armor. medicore hp,run like jamaican with medium armor + heavy shield and sword. basicly is 3 button class with 30 sec cd at max

now if u cant find difference.. there is something horribly wrong
    The Law

Aoc have still the best combo system ever. but with Ranger and necro u cant play it.

Long and close rage have still a huge diferrence .
    After 2009 is it still the same.
    Fix it and Aoc will going to be 1 of the best games.

I still think that a range-dps-penalty (if you want to call it like this) is the best solution to attack the problem about rangers. There are plenty of rangers on fury who just stay on range and spam their dmg tools (unbuffed of course...) and run like... well... jamaicans^^ once they see something approaching, planting the ground of traps for everyone who is fool enough to chase them. Let rangers keep their range of 30+ meters but drastically reduce their dps the further they are away from target. Actually this is something conceivable for every range class.
    Bendowill (Ranger) / Liangxiao (BS)
    Gjalskia (DT) / Beacor (BS, Saga)

Quote Originally Posted by Bendowill View Post
    I still think that a range-dps-penalty (if you want to call it like this) is the best solution to attack the problem about rangers. There are plenty of rangers on fury who just stay on range and spam their dmg tools (unbuffed of course...) and run like... well... jamaicans^^ once they see something approaching, planting the ground of traps for everyone who is fool enough to chase them. Let rangers keep their range of 30+ meters but drastically reduce their dps the further they are away from target. Actually this is something conceivable for every range class.
    Just make ranger combos actual combos again and watch the casuals fumble fvck themselves trying to hit them. I would have less of an issue with Rangers if it was not this scenario 100x a day:

EA, stand completely still, drop trap, keyboard turn, watch all attacks miss while EA is up, naked LB with Advanatge, lower attack, Pen Shot, TTS, keyboard turn, drop another trap, and run away while no one but a sin or barb with speed buff can even keep up with you.

It's one thing to have easy classes to pull casuals in, it's another thing to go full retard.
    Doomsayer 2008